Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

I recently decided to try out the sous vide function on my Instant Pot, and I'm loving it! It's a great, practically foolproof way to cook chicken breasts perfectly. I'm going to try a steak next week.

Spinach artichoke stuffed chicken breast (with side salad)

547628057_SpinachArtichokeStuffedChicken.thumb.jpg.2a7acf5386c693e4ba20c4eb11b24b49.jpg

2104067339_SpinachArtichokeStuffedChickenNutrition.jpg.f3dbd2457eb9931cf5563ebd45a700c4.jpg

Chicken broccoli roulade

279633597_ChickenBroccoliRoulade.thumb.jpg.ea40b9425a2fba53ac3ef99011993765.jpg2092774400_ChickenBroccoliRouladeNutrition.jpg.0ed439f018ea03a36fb17c281920b061.jpg

On 06/20/2022 at 18:17, BigSue said:

I recently decided to try out the sous vide function on my Instant Pot, and I'm loving it! It's a great, practically foolproof way to cook chicken breasts perfectly. I'm going to try a steak next week.

547628057_SpinachArtichokeStuffedChicken.thumb.jpg.2a7acf5386c693e4ba20c4eb11b24b49.jpg

2104067339_SpinachArtichokeStuffedChickenNutrition.jpg.f3dbd2457eb9931cf5563ebd45a700c4.jpg

Chicken broccoli roulade

279633597_ChickenBroccoliRoulade.thumb.jpg.ea40b9425a2fba53ac3ef99011993765.jpg2092774400_ChickenBroccoliRouladeNutrition.jpg.0ed439f018ea03a36fb17c281920b061.jpg

That looks really good!

Day 8ish- apparently what I mean by variety was a different fruit and veggie option and maybe a Protein Shake or bar. 😂 I counted both the shake and bar in my total calories for the day but may or may not eat them.
One thermos has Soup the other frozen strawberries and yogurt. The baggies are granola and roasted garbanzo Beans. Took the leftover pizza with green beans and a salad with light Italian dressing.

8B0FF769-40B9-426E-9270-94DBCE9890F5.jpeg

02F07D00-7D62-40AA-8C1F-A7DD4CED295B.jpeg

13 hours ago, BigSue said:

Chicken broccoli roulade

279633597_ChickenBroccoliRoulade.thumb.jpg.ea40b9425a2fba53ac3ef99011993765.jpg 2092774400_ChickenBroccoliRouladeNutrition.jpg.0ed439f018ea03a36fb17c281920b061.jpg

WOW! Looks professionally made

If im not mistaken, this is the first time i’ve eaten rice that wasn’t part of a maki roll in over 3.5 years 😳

Unfortunately, it did not go well.

This is a small bowl of 1/2 cup of white rice and 1/2 cup of beef stew. It was effing delicious and i ate it all, but…it all came back up about 5 mins later.

I suspect it had more to do with the bowl contents being too liquid-y altogether (i have issues eating solids and liquids together) than the fact it was rice. I dunno.

In any case, not going to to eat that again…

204 calories for the bowl (but not in my stomach. Sigh)

5A2FF5F2-4C41-47E1-A54A-AFB29CB36F6A.thumb.jpeg.ce9aacc555abd3bf6aef40f3def50b5b.jpeg

3 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

If im not mistaken, this is the first time i’ve eaten rice that wasn’t part of a maki roll in over 3.5 years 😳

Unfortunately, it did not go well.

This is a small bowl of 1/2 cup of white rice and 1/2 cup of beef stew. It was effing delicious and i ate it all, but…it all came back up about 5 mins later.

I suspect it had more to do with the bowl contents being too liquid-y altogether (i have issues eating solids and liquids together) than the fact it was rice. I dunno.

In any case, not going to to eat that again…

204 calories for the bowl (but not in my stomach. Sigh)

5A2FF5F2-4C41-47E1-A54A-AFB29CB36F6A.thumb.jpeg.ce9aacc555abd3bf6aef40f3def50b5b.jpeg

I love rice, too! - Cannot tolerate but a few bites. I really miss brown and wild rice mixtures. ;[

Hubby grilled this tomahawk steak Father's day. It was amazing! We are enjoying the leftovers this week. Pair it with homemade broccoli and cauliflower salads - for a lighter touch side dish. Can only tolerate about 10 tiny bites of beef at a meal.

IMG_2210.jpeg

IMG_2198.jpeg

IMG_2200.jpeg

Still working on that $35.38US worth of groceries. Cabbage rolls stuffed with rice, garbanzo Beans, marinara sauce, spices, and cheese then topped with more marinara and cheese. The rest of the granola with skyr and strawberries. More of the curry lentil Soup, salad with romaine from the garden this time, half a Tomato and a hard boiled egg. Also packed iced coffee and 2 Protein Bars.

56039A0D-B527-4A71-814D-410CD3D7CCE4.jpeg

There are slim-pickin’s for healhier-choice fast food, huh?

Am currently on a road trip and after 2 circles of the food options at the rest stop, i ended up ordering this: Subway’s sweet onion chicken as a salad. They say 230 calories, but the lady doused my salad with what looked like 1/2 a cup of dressing, so probably double that.

Ate less than 1/4 of it cuz that sweet onion dressing is waaaaay too sweet, and i just tried to eat the greens at the bottom that were dressing-free. Tried to wipe off the sauce from the chicken but gave up afterwards 2 pieces.

I’ll get some beef Jerky at the next stop.

8658ABCF-3F55-49CA-A26C-DC771EF218CD.thumb.jpeg.f68c1cdfb2c69362b0d4baec90452a99.jpeg

Tofu scramble! Half a block of tofu , mixed frozen veggies, frozen green Beans, nutritional yeast, and I will throw a handful of fresh spinach in before I warm it up for Breakfast. This will be three meals worth for me. I love this breakfast! I may also throw a few slices of avocado on top tomorrow.😀

image-0.004887580871582031.jpg

Has anyone tried *Konjac noodles*? I just came across these Japanese noodles that are extremely low in carbs and calories. Can fit perfectly in our lifestyle when we crave noodles.

Not sure if anyone has posted any pics here or had a discussion around it.

Edited by DaisyAndSunshine

5 minutes ago, DaisyAndSunshine said:

Has anyone tried *Konjac noodles*? I just came across these Japanese noodles that are extremely low in carbs and calories. Can fit perfectly ok our lifestyle when we crave noodles.

Not sure if anyone has posted any pics here or had a discussion around it.

Yes, more commonly called Shirataki noodles. I know that @ms.sss is a fan. Just be aware, they have a strong odor and need to be thoroughly rinsed.

1 minute ago, sillykitty said:

Yes, more commonly called Shirataki noodles. I know that @ms.sss is a fan. Just be aware, they have a strong odor and need to be thoroughly rinsed.

Yeh I read there needs to be proper rinsing and cooking technique so it doesn't smell too horrid. I'll wait for others to post their experience and how they prepped for it.

1 minute ago, DaisyAndSunshine said:

Yeh I read there needs to be proper rinsing and cooking technique so it doesn't smell too horrid. I'll wait for others to post their experience and how they prepped for it.

If you search this thread, you'll see quite a number of posts about them, particularly by @ms.sss