Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

4 hours ago, ms.sss said:

I had to google “molto al dante”.

this is just another reason why i love this site…i learn something new very often!

Do you also know that I hate Pasta 😂

4 hours ago, FutureSylph said:

I know I'm starved for greens when even kale looks good to me. ;-D

Massage or wilted kale salad always taste good 😍

4 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Giant salad: 360 calories.

Am eating it now, yum!

E9276535-6EEB-4DC6-A02E-3F5B25A99C17.thumb.jpeg.4ada4346cc38dc0aaefcac561ff8039a.jpeg

Looks amazing! And a welcome break from heavy, greasy-carby, addictive foods in this thread :D

Today's lunch, back on liquid phase.

Guess it'll be something Protein this evening.

20220408_142549.jpg

Going for a hike with some gal pals in an hour and one of them said she would pack up some sandwiches for all of us to eat on the trail when we inevitably get hungry.

Told her thx, but i’ll bring my own sustenance, and prepared this instead…a salad, natch : 342 calories. Better remember to bring a fork!

(Also packed a huge thermos of espresso martini to share, just cuz 😂)

A43F9C46-5608-46D6-9E98-1E66A8B075CE.thumb.jpeg.af2ebe27b4d5b3c106fb47d1231a4d89.jpeg

My 12yr old niece excitedly told me about some pumpkin breakfast biscuits she had made which her family devoured & said she’d make me some. She did that night & bought them round the next day. Didn’t have the heart to say I don’t really eat biscuits anymore so I ate half of one with her (they were huge like palm size). It did taste pretty good & thankfully not too sweet. It’s a Good Housekeeping recipe with pepitas, cranberries, coconut oil, brown sugar, oats, pumpkin spice (she used cinnamon & nutmeg), can of mashed pumpkin (she cooked & prepped her own pumpkin). First ‘sweet’ thing I’ve had since Christmas. The smile on her face was worth it.

9BA882EB-291E-45FF-ABB7-DF5DD5C62F2F.thumb.jpeg.0422a01170cb15aaf9b2c89f446eba1a.jpeg

My 12yr old niece excitedly told me about some pumpkin breakfast biscuits she had made which her family devoured & said she’d make me some. She did that night & bought them round the next day. Didn’t have the heart to say I don’t really eat biscuits anymore so I ate half of one with her (they were huge like palm size). It did taste pretty good & thankfully not too sweet. It’s a Good Housekeeping recipe with pepitas, cranberries, coconut oil, brown sugar, oats, pumpkin spice (she used cinnamon & nutmeg), can of mashed pumpkin (she cooked & prepped her own pumpkin). First ‘sweet’ thing I’ve had since Christmas. The smile on her face was worth it.

9BA882EB-291E-45FF-ABB7-DF5DD5C62F2F.thumb.jpeg.0422a01170cb15aaf9b2c89f446eba1a.jpeg

1 hour ago, Arancini said:

I’m curious if this is considered a lot (?).

Depends on who you ask, compared to my experience, looks about the same-ish as my intake at 6 months postop

Made some Jalepeño Cheddar Corn bread this AM that we ate with Jerk chicken wings from the frozen section of the grocery.

2 wings and some cornbread (1/16 of the pan skillet contents) for me: 380 calories.

Ate all the bread and one chicken wing (the skin on the wings were too soft for my liking).

B6730D18-017E-430A-87BC-7F14B2113390.thumb.jpeg.2462048f2df0ef70a8a3f9880ba92547.jpeg

On 04/07/2022 at 13:10, GreenTealael said:

Do you also know that I hate Pasta 😂

Me too!

On 04/08/2022 at 07:39, Pollito said:

Today's lunch, back on liquid phase.

Guess it'll be something Protein this evening.

20220408_142549.jpg

What is that??!! Yummmm that’s a great lunch!! Lol

11 hours ago, Arancini said:

Two lunches this week before and after (when restriction hit). I’m 6months and almost 2 weeks post op. I’m curious if this is considered a lot (?).

First meal probably about the same but second meal more. I could only eat one egg & nothing else. Remember ordering 1/2 a grilled Tomato as a side to an egg at 8 months but I could only eat one bite.

But that was me & we can be very different. How much I am able to consume also depends on the food I’m eating. Portion size & (approx) calories still dictate how much I put on my plate. Usually it’s all I need but sometimes I can’t eat it all.

9 hours ago, Kris77 said:

What is that??!! Yummmm that’s a great lunch!! Lol

Aperol spritz! And only about 150 calories.