Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

On 03/15/2022 at 11:16, JDLane said:

I apparently forgot the after picture but made air fried salmon, roasted broccoli and cauliflower ‘Mac & cheese’

58638CAC-9E8E-4316-BA77-FCE1C4AF7438.jpeg

Salmon is my all time fav fish to cook/eat. Looks really good!
I’ve never had cauliflower Mac and cheese but that looks good! May have to see if my hub will make some. My hub loves to cook and is really creative in the kitchen w meals. I hate cooking but do it bc I have to. My hub is about to go bk to the office instead of working from home so I’ll be back on kitchen duty
Boy did I get spoiled w that!😩
Send the recipe for the Mac and cheese if you can! 😊

On 3/16/2022 at 10:00 AM, Kris77 said:

Salmon is my all time fav fish to cook/eat. Looks really good!
I’ve never had cauliflower Mac and cheese but that looks good! May have to see if my hub will make some. My hub loves to cook and is really creative in the kitchen w meals. I hate cooking but do it bc I have to. My hub is about to go bk to the office instead of working from home so I’ll be back on kitchen duty
Boy did I get spoiled w that!😩

Unfortunately it wasn't homemade, it was a microwave kit from Target. I think it would be pretty simple though, just partially boil some cauliflower or even roast it so that it's still a little hard and then any standard mac and cheese sauce would work. I'm jealous of the cooking husband, mine's expertise ends at hot dogs🤣

On 3/16/2022 at 8:00 AM, Kris77 said:

Since the OP didn't have a recipe, here's one that looks pretty good:

56 minutes ago, FutureSylph said:

Since the OP didn't have a recipe, here's one that looks pretty good:

Hey. I seen the cheese packets at dollar tree and wondered what you would do with them (as in why not buy the box but maybe it’s cheaper to buy other Pasta? ?) anyways they do have the packets there and I’m thinking you just add that to cauliflower cause I have bought the kit as well and it was just a sauce packet like velveeta Mac n cheese has.

If it looks like I didn’t eat much of my salad, you would be right. Not that i was full or anything…just not in the mood today. Will try again later.

489 calories for the bowl.

P.S. I put my “I’m sorry” flowers from Mr. in the background cuz they’re just so purty 😂

4C4D9CD3-64F8-4363-948A-79AD0E166F55.thumb.jpeg.216b5a61f8329ad311c8f05ddc5a9fc3.jpeg

30 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Hey. I seen the cheese packets at dollar tree and wondered what you would do with them (as in why not buy the box but maybe it’s cheaper to buy other Pasta? ?) anyways they do have the packets there and I’m thinking you just add that to cauliflower cause I have bought the kit as well and it was just a sauce packet like velveeta Mac n cheese has.

I buy the powdered cheese in bulk (at Bulk Barn…dunno if they have these in the US though?) to make mac n cheese for the Kid. It is much cheaper to just buy this and Pasta separately…but mostly i do it this way to be able to adjust the amount of cheesiness and switch up the pasta kinds.

I’ve made fancy mac n cheese with fancy cheese and other ingredients, but she prefers the bright orange powdered kind. 🙄

Edited by ms.sss

On 3/11/2022 at 4:11 PM, idk4w said:

Wow. these pics and the info I'm learning about others' eating habits are quite educational, but this is also so frustrating for me!!! Everyone talks about how full they get... why don't I get full?????? Why can I eat a normal portion and no one else can? Isn't my stomach supposed to be miniscule??? You'd think I was this mega eater and weighed in at 500 lbs prior, but totally not. I was 220 before my pre-op diet, 210 at surgery (sleeve), and 200 a week later. and... drumroll... that's where I remain, 5 weeks later. I'm trying to be very careful with what I eat and I purposely give myself smaller portions, but even if I'm eating lean meats (chicken, tuna) and vegetables, I'm not getting full after 5 bites like every one else. I can't understand it. I should not be able to hold more than a 1/2 cup of food, right? It's a mystery to me (a REALLY frustrating one!).

I never got full after 5 bites unless it was a Protein that was on the drier side.
Also at only 5 weeks post op you may not have full sensitivity or recognize your full warning yet. Definitely eat a bit slower and measure everything.
Good Luck ❤️

On 3/15/2022 at 12:37 PM, Kris77 said:

I second this! Her salads always look amazing!!

Adding to the Consensus, best looking salads ever

On 3/12/2022 at 6:22 PM, Dave In Houston said:

I read this thread often but I rarely post because my efforts are quite plebian compared to the resident experts here.

I was proud of this cioppino, though. 373 calories, 42 g Protein and 12 g fat per serving. This is about half a serving, and I ate it all, along with an ounce or so of sourdough bread. It was delicious, and I made a huge batch.

Sorry I forgot to wipe down the sides of the bowl. If I posted more often, I might learn how to take decent photos.

Cioppino.jpg

Very nice

We always sprinkled our cauliflower au gratin with crushed cornflakes or weatabixs & grated cheese. Or you can use breadcrumbs & cheese or if you’re feeling a bit fancy gremolata (lemon zest, garlic & parsley). Mmmmm.

On 3/16/2022 at 6:55 AM, kcuster83 said:

You forgot to cook your meat. lol

PS: I am just playing with you- I like my meat burnt.

5 years out vsg and 2 years out rny. i ate less then half. I

like it raw. lol

More Soup for me. Today I challenged myself to find everything to make a pot at the Portland State University farmer’s market. The only things I added from my pantry were chicken stock and salt & pepper. I found at the market: Rainbow chard, butternut squash, wild mushrooms, shallots, garlic, rainbow carrots, thyme, rosemary, and organic free range chicken thighs. This will make a week’s work of lunches.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

@kristieshannon
That looks soooo good!!!!!
I’m not a creative cook but I can appreciate it when I see it. My hub loves inventing recipes too. He is a really great cook
Anyways yours looks sooo delicious!!

Had fun prepping this salad, but despite feeling hungry at first, ended up putting it back in the fridge cuz i realized afterwards i wasn’t really in the mood.

I’ll attack it later when i get hungry again…which will likely not be too far from now.

305 calories for the bowl, regardless.

E898AB3F-0347-426D-A9C0-E44A8C70F064.thumb.jpeg.9631b4e5aad4cee462337bfa3ee3eb02.jpeg

Obviously im bored and am spending my time posting multiple pics of food today.

I did end up eating almost all my earlier salad throughout the afternoon (estimating i ate about 3/4)…would have eaten it all if not for Mr. eating out if my bowl at the same time.

So now im snacky and got out some pita crisps, one of the sweedish meatballs i made for dinner and s tbsp of chicken liver pate: 210 calories.

i know, doesn’t look appetizing, but i also know i’ll eat it all!

(i also has an espresso martini just now, so +141 calories to that)

E7266E05-9579-4181-B0DD-DEDE9E56CCD0.thumb.jpeg.70dce564f828c9814a09b685defcc8af.jpeg

Edited by ms.sss