Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

On 7/27/2018 at 12:48 PM, insta_adventurer said:

I can finally participate!!!!

I made some low-fat ricotta bites and they are ahhhmazing!

Also- I made so many, because I’m bringing some to my surgery buddy to try!

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

Recipe please

20 hours ago, idk4w said:

I'm not getting full after 5 bites like every one else. I can't understand it. I should not be able to hold more than a 1/2 cup of food, right? It's a mystery to me (a REALLY frustrating one!).

It all depends on what that 1/2 cup of food is. And on the person.

Another day, another salad.

This time i just ate from the middle cuz thats where all the crispy onions were 😂

489 calories for the whole bowl, im guessing i ate about a 1/4 of it? Ill eat the rest later regardless.

F902BF96-16D8-44AA-80EA-CC3631ABBF2B.thumb.jpeg.a4dfc38af8a6f5d76f68aa21a3e0ad0c.jpeg

Edited by ms.sss

Oh yea baby!! I love me some salad!!
I can eat it for all three meals. Love it.

This is what I had today for lunch!! Crawfish (I’m a Texas girl!)

image0.0.jpg

I read this thread often but I rarely post because my efforts are quite plebian compared to the resident experts here.

I was proud of this cioppino, though. 373 calories, 42 g Protein and 12 g fat per serving. This is about half a serving, and I ate it all, along with an ounce or so of sourdough bread. It was delicious, and I made a huge batch.

Sorry I forgot to wipe down the sides of the bowl. If I posted more often, I might learn how to take decent photos.

Cioppino.jpg

Edited by Dave In Houston
Post photo instead of link

Delicious salad for dinner…not as pretty as @ms.sss but equally as good!!

image0.0.jpg

On 03/12/2022 at 17:22, Dave In Houston said:

I read this thread often but I rarely post because my efforts are quite plebian compared to the resident experts here.

I was proud of this cioppino, though. 373 calories, 42 g Protein and 12 g fat per serving. This is about half a serving, and I ate it all, along with an ounce or so of sourdough bread. It was delicious, and I made a huge batch.

Sorry I forgot to wipe down the sides of the bowl. If I posted more often, I might learn how to take decent photos.

Cioppino.jpg

Hey Dave!! I’m in H town as well!!
Your Soup looks awesome!!

2 hours ago, Dave In Houston said:

II was proud of this cioppino, though.

As well you should be. That looks fabulous!

On 3/12/2022 at 7:11 AM, idk4w said:

Wow. these pics and the info I'm learning about others' eating habits are quite educational, but this is also so frustrating for me!!! Everyone talks about how full they get... why don't I get full?????? Why can I eat a normal portion and no one else can? Isn't my stomach supposed to be miniscule??? You'd think I was this mega eater and weighed in at 500 lbs prior, but totally not. I was 220 before my pre-op diet, 210 at surgery (sleeve), and 200 a week later. and... drumroll... that's where I remain, 5 weeks later. I'm trying to be very careful with what I eat and I purposely give myself smaller portions, but even if I'm eating lean meats (chicken, tuna) and vegetables, I'm not getting full after 5 bites like every one else. I can't understand it. I should not be able to hold more than a 1/2 cup of food, right? It's a mystery to me (a REALLY frustrating one!).

Like most things, we’re different. Some can eat more. Some are encouraged to eat more. Some can only eat small amounts. Some lose their hunger. Others don’t. It’s all ok.

As @ms.sss said how much you can eat can depend on what you’re eating & this seems to remain true regardless of how far along you are. It can also depend upon the time of day, what else you’ve eaten that day, how fast you eat, etc.

You’re likely in a stall at the moment. The first usually occurs around week 3 & can last 1 to 3 weeks. If it persists, get in touch with your dietician. A tweak to your plan may be needed. You may also discover differences between your hungry & full signals. There are differences between the signals for head vs real hunger & differences between being full & having enough (do you need that next bite or just want it - a big realisation for me). Just have to discover yours.

As long as you’re following your surgeon & dietician’s plan, & it seems you are, it will all work out. Have a chat with your dietician anyway if only to reassure yourself you’re doing ok.

Edited by Arabesque

On 03/12/2022 at 21:28, Arabesque said:

Like most things, we’re different. Some can eat more. Some are encouraged to eat more. Some can only eat small amounts. Some lose their hunger. Others don’t. It’s all ok.

As @ms.sss said how much you can eat can depend on what you’re eating & this seems to remain true regardless of how far along you are. It can also depend upon the time of day, what else you’ve eaten that day, how fast you eat, etc.

You’re likely in a stall at the moment. The first usually occurs around week 3 & can last 1 to 3 weeks. If it persists, get in touch with your dietician. A tweak to your plan may be needed. You may also discover differences between your hungry & full signals. There are differences between the signals for head vs real hunger & differences between being full & having enough (do you need that next bite or just want it - a big realisation for me). Just have to discover yours.

As long as you’re following your surgeon & dietician’s plan, & it seems you are, it will all work out. Have a chat with your dietician anyway if only to reassure yourself you’re doing ok.

Well said

@arabesque
That is well said!😊
As you said, A lot of trial and error figuring out what works for your body and the changes that have to be made mentally too. “Do I just want that last bite or am I satisfied “
Even now for me sometimes I have to remind myself of that very thing.

I don’t cook on the weekends (Mr. takes over feeding the fam Fridays to Sundays)…which means we have alot of takeout on the weekends lol.

Today it was Church’s chicken.

I served myself a chicken thigh, a biscuit and some cole slaw: 488 calories.

I surprisingly did not care for the biscuit (given my love of all things buttery), so The Kid ate it. I did eat all the cole slaw and about 1/2 of the thigh (of which the remainder was eaten by Mr.) I ended up updating my MFP entry to 210 calories to reflect what I actually ate.

1A7B117B-DEC2-431C-8AE7-3D9DDE14FCC5.thumb.jpeg.48fad6fddccbd606639e6003dca5f15e.jpeg

Edited by ms.sss

I made "Edamame Falafel" and they turned out yum and taste quite similar to chickpeas version but with better macros.

P.S - "Air fried" not deep fried

20220313_133433.jpg

Screenshot_20220313-150655_Baritastic.jpg

Edited by DaisyAndSunshine

My fam is not a big fan of leftovers…which often leaves me to deal with them before it goes bad. Which is fine cuz the majority of the stuff i eat is leftovers!

Here is the meat off of 1.5 Church’s chicken drumsticks plus some Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. I also had a espresso martini beforehand. Ate/drank it all: 306 calories total:

CB2E99FC-2488-4352-B998-7DA46489D611.thumb.jpeg.6bbc543b5b3d4dc8f54907e9c7c7da78.jpeg