Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

On 2/18/2022 at 2:49 PM, GreenTealael said:

Turkeys and cheese sandwich w/carrot “chips”

2F1454D8-8610-4141-9D56-1BB64D64FB98.thumb.jpeg.697ceef62db413d3a3a7403ed4d1ceb3.jpeg B39F7100-4C8A-4128-B3E4-B2D2AC34C305.thumb.jpeg.4aaf86f4096ebd950b4bd8a0db5a0638.jpeg 1FB83007-463B-4B27-93E6-5C08B6EEDE49.jpeg.d0eede758c3ff1a9d9386406d7b2ab21.jpeg 34E0D5B2-926A-435F-AEFD-0022397AE9BD.thumb.jpeg.01142e4e496c1f304eb834cf3769eddb.jpeg

I’m still loving the Aldi zero carb bread and only need one slice as a serving which is a good thing because there was a price increase

Thanks for the posting. Excited to know about the Aldi's 0 carb bread. Adding it to my list now! 🙂

Beef brisket chilli atop mashed potatoes with cheddar, sour cream and pita chips: 321 calories for the bowl contents + 3 cals for the green onions I missed lol.

Could barely finish half the chilli (but ate all the pita chips) it was unbelievably filling. Must’ve been the potatoes. Mr. ate my leftovers.

E091C5CA-0687-483C-AE8B-04F0A30913A5.thumb.jpeg.a8ff2a3cb404588583db1d7aa5813716.jpeg

Edited by ms.sss

Love all these mashed potato accented meals! Yum! Do you all make them from scratch? Always find them a lot of work to make home made. Traditionally whipped kind, that is... Lots of salad + Soups this week. Find salads so refreshing and soups satisfying calories with savory tender meats...

IMG_1316.jpeg

IMG_1332.jpeg

IMG_1448.jpeg

13 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

Do you all make them from scratch? Always find them a lot of work to make home made. Traditionally whipped kind, that is...

I always make mine from scratch (and btw boxed instant mash doesn’t count!) but the fam prefers it lumpy so there isn’t alot of finesse required lol. Aside from the peeling and boiling, it takes like 3 mins, tops.

On 03/04/2022 at 23:02, Sophie7713 said:

Love all these mashed potato accented meals! Yum! Do you all make them from scratch? Always find them a lot of work to make home made. Traditionally whipped kind, that is... Lots of salad + Soups this week. Find salads so refreshing and Soups satisfying calories with savory tender meats...

IMG_1316.jpeg

IMG_1332.jpeg

IMG_1448.jpeg

Me too!! Love salads!! All of those dishes look amazing!

I went to a restaurant today with my family. They ordered a delicious pizza and this was my take from it lol I'm 19 days post op. In pureed and can have some well cooked vegetables. A little red pepper, smoked cauliflower, and a little piece of feta cheese. Delicious, got a little bit of the taste in my mouth and perfectly happy! 20220305_155945.jpg 20220305_160519.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, fourmonthspreop said:

I went to a restaurant today with my family. They ordered a delicious pizza and this was my take from it lol I'm 19 days post op. In pureed and can have some well cooked vegetables. A little red pepper, smoked cauliflower, and a little piece of feta cheese. Delicious, got a little bit of the taste in my mouth and perfectly happy! 20220305_155945.jpg 20220305_160519.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

An idea for a future stage (it took me three years before having pizza again) - I really like to garnish up California Pizza Kitchen brand cauliflower thin crust from grocers. It's really delish when you add some fresh tomatoes, green peppers, onions and parma cheese. We bake it extra brown for easy digestion. A moderate and satisfying portion size, too. We no longer order pizza out... just too heavy with too many hidden ingredients in crust and toppings. BUT love an occasional pizza treat once every 6 weeks! That pie looks soooo good!

On 3/5/2022 at 12:02 AM, Sophie7713 said:

Do you all make them from scratch? Always find them a lot of work to make home made. Traditionally whipped kind

I’ve always made them from scratch. But I never made whipped style only, rustic smashed potatoes.

When I’m in a hurry for them to cook I will peel and dice the potatoes . If I can spare the time I only peel them. Lazy days I go prep free andI cook then skin on and peel once cooled.

I once had box potatoes and could immediately taste something off (I now believe was powdered milk) and I did not like the flavor.

I'm looking at these pics (whoa!!! yum, and kudos to all of you who prep all that food!) and I'm looking at the point y'all get full (like, 3 bites in????) and I'm wondering what's wrong with me that I can literally inhale these portions no prob only one month out! What is wrong with me?!?! And as a point of reference, I am not 100 lb overweight; while I am def very overweight- I need to lose 60-70 lbs. What I'm saying is I'm not one of these super massively obese people who can eat a house. But I can totally eat regular portions :(

I tried something new tonight. At least, new for me, as I had never seen those before....Trader Joe's "Jicama" wraps. The wrapping said they were good for tacos, I guess to be used in lieu for the typical hard or soft tortilla. I fell in love with them. Absolutely delish! Each wrap is about 4 inches in diameter. If you have not had them already and looking for an alternative to the usual tortilla shells...this is it!

IMG_9456.jpg

Yum. I'm interested in jicama wraps. Do they taste vegetal? What are they like?

3 minutes ago, fourmonthspreop said:

Yum. I'm interested in jicama wraps. Do they taste vegetal? What are they like?

They don't taste vegetal to me. I would say it's more like a slightly sweet and nutty flavor.

06e90859c913dd52e6dcc7b8d0cea082.png

Todays salad: 343 calories.

Cabbage is another food item that tends to fill me up quick, so I tapped out earlier than usual. Will def eat the rest later.

P.S. I find I tend to eat my meals form one side of the plate/bowl to the other, in anticipation of having to take a “nice-looking” after pic, lol. Extra, I know 😂

09A04156-FBBB-46F3-89D9-C02A18E16099.thumb.jpeg.224b2bc748ffa36cc08817fc47c2c141.jpeg

4A6A935C-93DA-4AAD-A337-E1EAE7AF928A.thumb.jpeg.ed2d22c2e7b96b595b5c88cbf64d60e1.jpeg

Wow. these pics and the info I'm learning about others' eating habits are quite educational, but this is also so frustrating for me!!! Everyone talks about how full they get... why don't I get full?????? Why can I eat a normal portion and no one else can? Isn't my stomach supposed to be miniscule??? You'd think I was this mega eater and weighed in at 500 lbs prior, but totally not. I was 220 before my pre-op diet, 210 at surgery (sleeve), and 200 a week later. and... drumroll... that's where I remain, 5 weeks later. I'm trying to be very careful with what I eat and I purposely give myself smaller portions, but even if I'm eating lean meats (chicken, tuna) and vegetables, I'm not getting full after 5 bites like every one else. I can't understand it. I should not be able to hold more than a 1/2 cup of food, right? It's a mystery to me (a REALLY frustrating one!).

2 minutes ago, idk4w said:

Wow. these pics and the info I'm learning about others' eating habits are quite educational, but this is also so frustrating for me!!! Everyone talks about how full they get... why don't I get full?????? Why can I eat a normal portion and no one else can? Isn't my stomach supposed to be miniscule??? You'd think I was this mega eater and weighed in at 500 lbs prior, but totally not. I was 220 before my pre-op diet, 210 at surgery (sleeve), and 200 a week later. and... drumroll... that's where I remain, 5 weeks later. I'm trying to be very careful with what I eat and I purposely give myself smaller portions, but even if I'm eating lean meats (chicken, tuna) and vegetables, I'm not getting full after 5 bites like every one else. I can't understand it. I should not be able to hold more than a 1/2 cup of food, right? It's a mystery to me (a REALLY frustrating one!).

I was 220 on surgery day (35 BMI to start) and I am the same way. Maybe they didn’t think we needed the smaller pouches?? I have been able to eat more at every given stage than expected. I am a year out now and Am 5 pounds from normal BMI though and I don’t really exercise or I would be at normal range I’m sure. So it can be done. You just have to measure and stick to the plan. I have been at a normal serving size for a while now though.