Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

On 02/01/2022 at 12:20, ms.sss said:

Spent the morning making homemade Empanadas (54 of them to be exact!)…and now am enjoying the fruits of my labour

Ate one (so yum if I say so myself): 144 calories

D7DDE80F-9097-461D-8C95-94FB8DCD5BF0.thumb.jpeg.fdf99702a077bf7d60c7be8afa4c3341.jpeg

Omg that looks delicious!!! You should sell what you make bc if it tastes as good as it looks you would make a killing!!

On 02/01/2022 at 12:14, ms.sss said:

Yes, I’m home ALL. THE.TIME. 😂

I’ve never really though about setting an alarm now (unlike during weight loss phase when my alarm was always going off for some reason or other: to remind myself self to take a bite of food, drink some Water, get up and move, etc). Other than being shocked at how hungry I am all of a sudden some days, I don’t seem to have any negative physical nor mental issues on the days I forget. So I just go with the flow.

I do notice though that the days I forget to eat are the days I am out and about. Conversely, on the days I am living my best couch potato life, I almost always eat more…as well as more junk.

P.S. haven’t seen much of you on here lately (actually there are lots of folks during “our time” that have been MIA for a while. How are you??

Hey!! yea it was just an idea. I on the other hand never forget to eat-wish I would sometimes lol
Yea I’ve been on and off lately. I always come back though lol
Can’t wait to see what you cook up next girl!! Love it!!
Ps if you ever want to invite me to be a dinner guest I’m just a quick flight of a country away but I’d totally be there! 😉

21 hours ago, ms.sss said:

I do notice though that the days I forget to eat are the days I am out and about. Conversely, on the days I am living my best couch potato life, I almost always eat more…as well as more junk.

1000% agree. I’m more likely to get multiple drinks while out for long periods vs food. I even started leaving bottles of SF iced tea in my car and if I randomly head to my trunk my kids get annoyed because it means I have no plans to stop at Starbucks like I promised 😂

21 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Spent the morning making homemade Empanadas (54 of them to be exact!)…and now am enjoying the fruits of my labour

Ate one (so yum if I say so myself): 144 calories

D7DDE80F-9097-461D-8C95-94FB8DCD5BF0.thumb.jpeg.fdf99702a077bf7d60c7be8afa4c3341.jpeg

I made two last week!

0A3217D3-8E24-444E-B6E4-AE226FD053EF.jpeg

9 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I made two last week!

0A3217D3-8E24-444E-B6E4-AE226FD053EF.jpeg

OMG - you ladies are killing me! I just made a dull beef veggie Soup that hardly compares to any of these golden pocket beauties!!! I'm dying for a bite. I dropped 3 pounds (probably salt and sugar weight) since fasting 2 meals a day since last post. I plan to continue through the weekend.

On 2/1/2022 at 1:14 PM, ms.sss said:

Yes, I’m home ALL. THE.TIME. 😂

I’ve never really though about setting an alarm now (unlike during weight loss phase when my alarm was always going off for some reason or other: to remind myself self to take a bite of food, drink some Water, get up and move, etc). Other than being shocked at how hungry I am all of a sudden some days, I don’t seem to have any negative physical nor mental issues on the days I forget. So I just go with the flow.

P.S. haven’t seen much of you on here lately (actually there are lots of folks during “our time” that have been MIA for a while. How are you??

I seem to have the opposite problem lately. When I am home - I feel like I'm in a more controlled environment. All the drinks are prepared and made a head of time, Vitamins on the counter, healthy choices in the refrigerator. It's when I go out that I can get in trouble... Very little I eat out satisfies me anymore (just too much oil, butter, salt, sugar, fried, powder sugar dusted even on chicken - over embellished dishes even when you ask them to leave off the salt!) So easily detected, now that I have been pretty clean for three years now - So, I end up not eating anything and crave a dessert or treat on the menu to compensate. Florida dining definitely had better choices out than here in South Carolina. We have really scaled back on eating out here. ;[

Finally made our delayed New Years Day traditional dinner of roasted pork, sauerkraut with apples and smashed little red potatoes. Make it only once a year - always look forward to it. Has made some nice leftovers this week, too.

IMG_1156.jpeg

On 2/2/2022 at 4:14 AM, ms.sss said:

Other than being shocked at how hungry I am all of a sudden some days,

OMG yes!!! What’s up with that??? I’m the same at the moment. I’ve been swearing & wondering if this is this why people experience the third year bounce back gain??? Scary times.

I’m at home almost all the time too which is why I try to really try to stick to my eating times & don’t keep crap in my house but it’s just me so no partner or children to keep happy. It’s getting harder & I’ve noticed my ‘don’t feel hungry’ times are getting fewer fewer. Also noticed changing tastes too - eat yoghurt & then crave salt almost immediately after. What’s with that?? I don’t eat when I’m out & about either but mainly because either nothing appeals or fits my food choices. And if I’m meeting friends for a meal, I study the menu before I go so I know exactly what I can eat & what variations I could ask for.

I keep bottles of Water in my car all the time too @GreenTealael. Oh & I love teriyaki flavoured anything.

My German ancestry would happily enjoy every mouthful of your NY’s dinner @Sophie7713. Pork, sauerkraut, yum.

I’ve heard of the 3rd year bounce back too. Honestly scares the sh&@ out of me. It was from one person I know. Not sure if it’s bc she just had trouble with that or if it’s fact. Hard once someone says that not to let it stick in your head.
Even though I know I’ve been at goal and maintained. Give it take a few pounds each way.
I think weight will be something I have to always keep vigilant on.

On 2/2/2022 at 10:55 PM, Arabesque said:

OMG yes!!! What’s up with that??? I’m the same at the moment. I’ve been swearing & wondering if this is this why people experience the third year bounce back gain??? Scary times.

3 hours ago, Kris77 said:

I’ve heard of the 3rd year bounce back too. Honestly scares the sh&@ out of me.

Ladies, you probably already know this, but i’ll say it anyway for the benefit of anyone else reading this: being afraid does nothing for you, especially for something you have some sort of control over. You are prime examples of weight loss success and YOU did this yourselves.

As we all know, weight doesn’t come back on by itself. Its the result of lifestyle choices given your current situation. Yeah, it may be a little more difficult to maintain a certain weight and require more effort than previously expensed as time goes on, but you already know how to do it (and are doing it presently). Don’t be afraid of doing what you’ve already been doing!

❤️

P.S. further, you may find that any further weight gained or lost is just fine with you and not worth the effort to change.

P.P.S. Or you may just stay they same with no changes at all!

Bottom line…being scared is a waste of time and energy that could be better utilized for funner stuff lol. But yeah, i know, easier said.

Very true @ms.sss
you are 1000% correct. It can only happen if we let it happen.

39 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

P.S. further, you may find that any further weight gained or lost is just fine with you and not worth the effort to change.

Hi! 😀 Long time no see everyone!

I don't post much, but I had to chime in and agree with this. I'm up 20 lbs from my lowest weight. At first I was scared. I mean, we've all lost weight, just to gain it all back again, right? But then, as @ms.sss said, I realized that I'm in control of this. I could IF, count my calories, and drop weight, it was totally within my power.

Then I had a second realization. Not all weight gain is bad! I objectively look better at the top of a healthy BMI, at the bottom of an overweight BMI. My face looks my youthful. My arms and inner thighs lost most of their crepey-ness. My breast are bigger. I have thicker thighs and hips, and a juicier butt.

Long story short, I'm glad I didn't panic at my weight gain. I loved seeing that low 120's number on the scale. But I'm glad I got over that, because it's more important what I see in the mirror.

On 2/2/2022 at 8:11 PM, Sophie7713 said:

I seem to have the opposite problem lately. When I am home - I feel like I'm in a more controlled environment. All the drinks are prepared and made a head of time, Vitamins on the counter, healthy choices in the refrigerator. It's when I go out that I can get in trouble... Very little I eat out satisfies me anymore (just too much oil, butter, salt, sugar, fried, powder sugar dusted even on chicken - over embellished dishes even when you ask them to leave off the salt!) So easily detected, now that I have been pretty clean for three years now - So, I end up not eating anything and crave a dessert or treat on the menu to compensate. Florida dining definitely had better choices out than here in South Carolina. We have really scaled back on eating out here. ;[

Confession: I will almost always choose dessert over food when eating at a restaurant.

But I concur, I am also not finding great dining options in the Carolinas for us, but I’m also burnt out on cooking.

7 hours ago, Kris77 said:

I’ve heard of the 3rd year bounce back too. Honestly scares the sh&@ out of me. It was from one person I know. Not sure if it’s bc she just had trouble with that or if it’s fact. Hard once someone says that not to let it stick in your head.
Even though I know I’ve been at goal and maintained. Give it take a few pounds each way.
I think weight will be something I have to always keep vigilant on.

My surgeon and Smoking hot PA also warned about years 3-5 where weight gain usually start. They just wanted me to know to be prepared. It helped to know what could happen so I could try to limit the amount. But they also warned me that almost no one stays at their lowest weight after WLS so not to chase it. That help much more.