Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

Found these!!! It’s too much bread for me in one sitting so I’ll likely not eat any (but my family will 😅) Has anyone else tried these yet?

CBEEDF06-D17D-4324-8F67-7F9E453D67FD.thumb.jpeg.0cbcc18bb009ce090e05b3cc09747f4a.jpeg 175A1009-9688-4915-9DB9-7E83AD6860BD.thumb.jpeg.c2f9721486b65ae836d51f38920b3e06.jpeg

On 7/27/2018 at 1:48 PM, insta_adventurer said:

I can finally participate!!!!

I made some low-fat ricotta bites and they are ahhhmazing!

Also- I made so many, because I’m bringing some to my surgery buddy to try!

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

These look awesome! Can you share the recipe?

On 8/4/2021 at 5:58 PM, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

I’m usually never hungry when I wake up for work but I’d already been up a couple hours before making the kids dinner. They had sweet stuffed sweet potatoes and sloppy joes made with TVP. I chose a savory loaded sweet potato instead. The black Beans are tossed with cumin and tajin and the sweet potatoes had pumpkin pie spice on them when roasting.

I’ve only managed 4 bites so I'm packing the rest for work along with some roasted bell pepper strips.

AB50D898-17E6-4DB0-A0A4-6D81C0B03ABD.jpeg

4C1FB3CE-63ED-43EA-BFD8-6F2BC7EB25A4.png

I need to see if there is a post-surgery thread for vegetarian or vegan recipes

On 7/15/2021 at 9:06 AM, LouLouM said:

Hello everyone. New here and waiting for gastric sleeve surgery to be approved by insurance. Meanwhile, I like to visit this thread for inspiration. I do have a question for GreenTealael: how do you cook your smoked chicken breast (I have a stove top smoker and can't seem to find a good method for cooking boneless chicken breast) and your beautiful tofu??? Thank you!

Hi!

My gastric sleeve surgery is coming up August 23!
I can’t wait.

Good luck to you

8 hours ago, Three bunny mom said:

There is in the nutrition section but it’s not updated frequently

11 hours ago, Three bunny mom said:

I tend to eat a lot of plant based meals now. I do have the occasional animal Protein but it’s mostly grains, dairy, and veggies now. Plant based Proteins just sit a whole lot better for me since surgery.
I know I’m not the only one on this thread who does the same thing.

On 8/8/2021 at 1:20 AM, GreenTealael said:

Found these!!! It’s too much bread for me in one sitting so I’ll likely not eat any (but my family will 😅) Has anyone else tried these yet?

CBEEDF06-D17D-4324-8F67-7F9E453D67FD.thumb.jpeg.0cbcc18bb009ce090e05b3cc09747f4a.jpeg 175A1009-9688-4915-9DB9-7E83AD6860BD.thumb.jpeg.c2f9721486b65ae836d51f38920b3e06.jpeg

Were these good, did you try them yet? Where did you find them?

On 8/8/2021 at 1:20 AM, GreenTealael said:

CBEEDF06-D17D-4324-8F67-7F9E453D67FD.thumb.jpeg.0cbcc18bb009ce090e05b3cc09747f4a.jpeg 175A1009-9688-4915-9DB9-7E83AD6860BD.thumb.jpeg.c2f9721486b65ae836d51f38920b3e06.jpeg

What stores have you seen these? I have such a hard time finding healthy options. I live in tiny town and no one carries the healthy stuff.

17 minutes ago, Candace76 said:

Were these good, did you try them yet? Where did you find them?

14 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

What stores have you seen these? I have such a hard time finding healthy options. I live in tiny town and no one carries the healthy stuff.

These are Aldi store brand. I don’t plan to eat these myself (too thick, I eat the sliced bread version) but my family said they taste exactly like regular burger Buns.

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

These are Aldi store brand. I don’t plan to eat these myself (too thick, I eat the sliced bread version) but my family said they taste exactly like regular burger Buns.

Great, thanks I'll give them a try when I am able to eat the modified regular diet.😊

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Man I wish I had an Aldi. I am going to visit my friend on Thursday though. Perhaps I can talk her into going with me.

Yay, I can finally contribute "food before and afters" to this post. I started soft foods today. I guess the restriction kicked in! I think I gave myself way too much for my first meal. Perhaps I stopped to early, but I felt like I didn't want to push it. I will have to learn what my full signals truly are, but I think I felt something that made me say "enough".

Served myself:

3 oz of scrambled eggs

1 oz canned peaches in light s.f. Syrup drained

Ate: about 1 oz ? of eggs & 2 dices/cubes of peaches.

Does anyone weigh their food after, so they know how much they ate? I didn't think of it until after I cleaned up.

20210811_084135.jpg

20210811_085129.jpg

1 hour ago, Candace76 said:

Yay, I can finally contribute "food before and afters" to this post. I started soft foods today. I guess the restriction kicked in! I think I gave myself way too much for my first meal. Perhaps I stopped to early, but I felt like I didn't want to push it. I will have to learn what my full signals truly are, but I think I felt something that made me say "enough".

Served myself:

3 oz of scrambled eggs

1 oz canned peaches in light s.f. Syrup drained

Ate: about 1 oz ? of eggs & 2 dices/cubes of peaches.

Does anyone weigh their food after, so they know how much they ate? I didn't think of it until after I cleaned up.

20210811_084135.jpg

20210811_085129.jpg

Nice! Welcome back to food 😬

I’ve never even thought to weighed or measured afters!

Varied up the veggies in the zuppa toscana I made. Added green peppers, carrots, and subbed half the potatoes for sweet potatoes. Had with a copycat Olive Garden salad.
My mistake was snacking on 3 olives, a pepperocini, 4 pickle slices, and 3 tater tots while making and plating dinner for kids.
I can’t wait to have more Soup though. 😍

C7C33D9A-80D7-4FAD-A088-B2446074A132.jpeg

1A29BC9F-2524-4CE4-8C8C-45678719E059.jpeg