Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

Been busy meal prepping today. Duxelles for omelettes, meatless no bean “meat” chili (made with TVP), salsa chicken, put another 2lbs of chicken in teriyaki marinade for tomorrow, roasted vegetables, ham and cheese egg muffins, and started salting some cucumbers for quick pickles. Had some of the chili for dinner and it’s SO good!

9E6B5EC2-C111-4879-8354-078951B4F799.jpeg

3B99F88C-0F1F-462C-9BF8-D5A383CD3460.jpeg

479B4E57-80BF-4FDF-AABC-0E3AE5A1E6CC.jpeg

5762D3DF-6934-4532-AB90-312348D292D7.jpeg

9C490EB2-0BEB-44A9-80D2-E4A8766B3B23.jpeg

72335054-DD1F-41E6-9883-F26A8CF4758F.jpeg

61FB46C8-04DD-438D-9049-36D1C5CFCBA8.jpeg

On 07/21/2021 at 17:54, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Been busy meal prepping today. Duxelles for omelettes, meatless no bean “meat” chili (made with TVP), salsa chicken, put another 2lbs of chicken in teriyaki marinade for tomorrow, roasted vegetables, ham and cheese egg muffins, and started salting some cucumbers for quick pickles. Had some of the chili for dinner and it’s SO good!

Would you mind sharing your quick pickle recipe? I love pickled veggies of all sorts.

What are Duxelles?

All look delicious, I need to get in gear meal prepping tomorrow for and four night stretch of work.

6 hours ago, kristieshannon said:

Would you mind sharing your quick pickle recipe? I love pickled veggies of all sorts.

What are Duxelles?

All look delicious, I need to get in gear meal prepping tomorrow for and four night stretch of work.

The method I’ve been using for pickles for a while now and can’t remember where I learned it but-

Slice cucumbers (I use English cucumbers) and place in a large bowl. Heavily salt with your choice of salt (I’ve used pickling, pink Himalayan, and Kosher before) and let sit for 20 minutes. Lightly rinse and drain. Stuff those bad boys as tightly as you can into a jar (I always use quart size canning jars). Mix together equal parts your choice of vinegar (I’ve used apple cider, rice wine, balsamic, and white vinegar or a mixture) and Water, any sugar to add sweetness and help preserve (I haven’t used a substitute so unsure how that would be but I have used only a tablespoon before and they were good), and any seasonings you want to add. Microwave (or heat) until the sugar dissolves and then pour over the cucumbers. I usually let mine lacto-ferment the counter overnight before refrigerating. As long as the brine is over the pickles they won’t go bad because of the acid and sugar. The longer they sit the better they taste but you can really eat them at any stage (I have sneaky kid hands that try to eat them while they’re still salting!). The longest pickles have ever lasted in my house was a week but that’s because they get devoured by then.

The batch I made yesterday was salted in pink Himalayan salt and the brine was straight apple cider vinegar (no water… they’re very bright and sour this go around), sugar, a giant pinch of pink Himalayan salt, cracked black pepper, ground mustard, and celery seed.

To answer your other question duxelles is classically a mixture of mushrooms, onions, shallots, butter and herbs reduced to a paste like consistency. It’s great on toast, in omelettes, and used in beef Wellington preparation. Also great in mixed with whipped cream cheese or goat cheese and used on bagel thins or to dip vegetables in!

69B3BECC-6EDC-46CF-8606-78A61B53ED4D.jpeg

The method I’ve been using for pickles for a while now and can’t remember where I learned it but-
Slice cucumbers (I use English cucumbers) and place in a large bowl. Heavily salt with your choice of salt (I’ve used pickling, pink Himalayan, and Kosher before) and let sit for 20 minutes. Lightly rinse and drain. Stuff those bad boys as tightly as you can into a jar (I always use quart size canning jars). Mix together equal parts your choice of vinegar (I’ve used apple cider, rice wine, balsamic, and white vinegar or a mixture) and Water, any sugar to add sweetness and help preserve (I haven’t used a substitute so unsure how that would be but I have used only a tablespoon before and they were good), and any seasonings you want to add. Microwave (or heat) until the sugar dissolves and then pour over the cucumbers. I usually let mine lacto-ferment the counter overnight before refrigerating. As long as the brine is over the pickles they won’t go bad because of the acid and sugar. The longer they sit the better they taste but you can really eat them at any stage (I have sneaky kid hands that try to eat them while they’re still salting!). The longest pickles have ever lasted in my house was a week but that’s because they get devoured by then.
The batch I made yesterday was salted in pink Himalayan salt and the brine was straight apple cider vinegar (no water… they’re very bright and sour this go around), sugar, a giant pinch of pink Himalayan salt, cracked black pepper, ground mustard, and celery seed.

To answer your other question duxelles is classically a mixture of mushrooms, onions, shallots, butter and herbs reduced to a paste like consistency. It’s great on toast, in omelettes, and used in beef Wellington preparation. Also great in mixed with whipped cream cheese or goat cheese and used on bagel thins or to dip vegetables in!
69B3BECC-6EDC-46CF-8606-78A61B53ED4D.thumb.jpeg.52cd8735abec0807a2a7fd27d95b0a73.jpeg
This looks great! My best friend does pickles every year and this year she's gonna show me how. I'm so excited!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

My family’s food vs my food:

vegan burger, raw carrots, hummus, raw spinach and couscous

04300870-4C51-4031-877D-854CD6F1BE97.thumb.jpeg.8beac9029ef31c2d7f9f8ef2d41c3cf3.jpeg

Organic lightly breaded chicken strips (w/ketchup) raw carrots, piyaz and hummus

4A5DADF2-8324-4D88-BAD5-6039C8E9D4D4.thumb.jpeg.60d21c9b5d39d9e94800f766d1eb185b.jpeg

Edited by GreenTealael

Long time observer, first time poster on this thread. Thanks for all of the food inspiration. This is my go to smoked salmon slice salad lunch. Looks and tastes more like tuna than salmon to be honest but has a good amount of Protein in it and pretty good calorie wise. There was none left though for an after photo 😂.

5B8FC695-33D7-4EE8-AFB3-568F7241023A.jpeg

478A6FD1-D9FB-4124-B752-A7F73B85AB37.png

Edited by Butterflyeffect

On 07/22/2021 at 06:54, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

69B3BECC-6EDC-46CF-8606-78A61B53ED4D.jpeg

Thank you-I’m going to try this with a mix of veggies!

On 7/23/2021 at 5:36 PM, GreenTealael said:

My family’s food vs my food:

vegan burger, raw carrots, hummus, raw spinach and couscous

04300870-4C51-4031-877D-854CD6F1BE97.thumb.jpeg.8beac9029ef31c2d7f9f8ef2d41c3cf3.jpeg

Organic lightly breaded chicken strips (w/ketchup) raw carrots, piyaz and hummus

4A5DADF2-8324-4D88-BAD5-6039C8E9D4D4.thumb.jpeg.60d21c9b5d39d9e94800f766d1eb185b.jpeg

Hey as a fellow organic foodie, have you tried Wallace Farms? Their meat is clean and so yummy! They ship to your door!

On 7/21/2021 at 8:54 PM, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

OH PLEASE come cook for me!!! All looks delish...

salad for lunch today... Love red radishes and walnuts. Very light ranch dressing - as a treat. Ate the entire portion here.

IMG_9231.jpeg

4 hours ago, WanderingHeart said:

Hey as a fellow organic foodie, have you tried Wallace Farms? Their meat is clean and so yummy! They ship to your door!

I don’t think so. That’s probably because I don’t always buy organic except soy products.

This Purdue organic line is new to me but it’s being permanently added to my shopping list. I’m going to look out for the Wallace Farms items also! Thanks for the suggestion

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I don’t think so. That’s probably because I don’t always buy organic except soy products.

This Purdue organic line is new to me but it’s being permanently added to my shopping list. I’m going to look out for the Wallace Farms items also! Thanks for the suggestion

While there are meat shortages, Wallace prices haven’t gone up. A few things are out of stock but no price gouging :)

This is a homemade salmon quiche and I’m able to eat this whole piece in about 1:30 something like that. I’m 4 weeks post op, is this too much ? It’s the only thing I ate today. I’m scared that this might be too much. But it goes down easily and I feel good. Help 😂

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

1 hour ago, WanderingHeart said:

While there are meat shortages, Wallace prices haven’t gone up. A few things are out of stock but no price gouging :)

That’s promising!

58 minutes ago, lrania said:

This is a homemade salmon quiche and I’m able to eat this whole piece in about 1:30 something like that. I’m 4 weeks post op, is this too much ? It’s the only thing I ate today. I’m scared that this might be too much. But it goes down easily and I feel good. Help 😂

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

What are the ingredients? Mostly egg?
At 4weeks post op what stage in the diet does your team have you on? Were you encouraged to do timed eating to prevent overeating?

Looks delicious BTW 😍