Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

On 4/30/2021 at 5:13 PM, GreenTealael said:

I felt complete restriction (VSG) about 16 mins later I felt fullness (RNY).

OK...you are going to have to explain this to us! What's the diff between restriction and fullness?

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Gathered together a bunch of stuff that needed to be used up and came up with.... FANCY TOAST. 😉

Ricotta mixed with preserved lemon & juice on toasted french bread slices, topped with truffle roasted figs and drizzled with honey...oh and some toasted walnuts on top.

I ate one toast: 184 calories.

IMG_1973.thumb.JPG.86243dbbe421a975eca49a20d772c9e8.JPG

IMG_1972.thumb.JPG.ecad2f2a7b30e16c29079aa01f7873b3.JPG

Holy Yum! I want that right now! 😍😍😍

51 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

OK...you are going to have to explain this to us! What's the diff between restriction and fullness?

I felt (for me anyway) the VSG restriction tightness occurred long before I felt satisfied with whatever I was eating but the discomfort feeling was more intense than hunger so I stopped eating. Sometimes I wanted more to eat but physically could not.

Fullness from RNY (for me) feels like traditional fullness where you don’t want to eat anymore. I feel truly done and don’t want anymore food.

But sometimes I get both restriction and fullness when I’m eating drier things especially Protein (the restriction hits first)

Finally got around to unmolding the creme caramel I made yesterday but then someone took a slice before I got a chance to take a pic of the thing (p.s. we call it “Leche Flan”).

I had like 1/2 tbsp like bite cuz i felt like any more and I’d dump. It was pretty delicious if you like creamy, silky, sweet, decadent, rich stuff. Its not something one would have alot of at once though, lol:

D8C9803D-5514-41C2-AFAC-53980D42B42E.thumb.jpeg.0ec43cae73e206c932051b16734ffc28.jpeg

Ms.sss this looks delicious! I have tried to find figs is now the right tie of year for them?

Ok, a little off-topic, but how do I get that little graphic in everyone's signature?

Also, on topic. Before sushi - after the coffee banana yogurt smoothie is on my desk as we speak. Not as cute, but just as yummy. IMG_5263.thumb.jpg.6464043968614e3e92ee1dcd63b2fe49.jpg IMG_0814.thumb.jpg.fc30045d4d39d5315b08760e3e55513c.jpg

30 minutes ago, SC72 said:

Also, on topic. Before sushi -.

IMG_5263.thumb.jpg.6464043968614e3e92ee1dcd63b2fe49.jpg

Have to ask: what is the pink-ish stuff that i covering the the roll at the bottom of the pic????

5 hours ago, Lynda486 said:

Ms.sss this looks delicious! I have tried to find figs is now the right tie of year for them?

Honestly, I have no idea when figs are in season, lol. I'm in Ontario, so not even sure its grown here.

I just buy the whenever they have them in costco :)

(but yeah, I loooooove figs, raw AND roasted, YUM. but not so much when they are dried...)

Edited by ms.sss

It has spicy mayo, which I assume is the lighter colored one and eel sauce. The name of the place is Super Yummy and that is the Super Yummy roll lol

40 minutes ago, SC72 said:

Ok, a little off-topic, but how do I get that little graphic in everyone's signature?

Click on your profile name (top right corner), then select "My tickers". Tickers are a graphic representation of the numbers you put in the "Progress" tab under "My Surgery" (also found under your profile).

Thank you!

This is my meals for work and the total nutrition information aside from the sipping Soup (will eat tomorrow instead)

Thermos of zuppa toscana, coconut vanilla Greek yogurt, beef bouillon Protein soup, coffee with 2tbsp chobani Creamer, thin mint Protein Shake, 3 mini pitas cut in half, sweet and spicy radishes, lean Protein Bar (a let down as it tastes like protein powder), protein pretzels, 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries, and Spanish rice with riced cauliflower, carrots, edamame, onions, garlic, hoisin sauce, and JUST egg vegan egg substitute.

88750400-8B7F-4E2F-B6E2-969E28FC1A85.jpeg

4E15623E-66FC-4478-9751-749EBCE55160.png

@GreenTealael that balloon topper is adorable...did you make it or did you buy it like that??!?!? Also the amount of frosting you have between the two layers of cake is ca-ray-zeee, lol. HBD, BF!

@Starwarsandcupcakes is that cornucopia of food your food for an entire day, or just during work hours???

Tonite's dinner was a CORN-extravaganza.

Clockwise from top: Grilled corn on the cob, Jalepeno & Cheddar Corn bread, Corn Donut-Fritters with maple bacon cream cheese filling, Corn Dogs & a Corn succotash/cole slaw type of salad.

I had about 1/4 cup of the slaw, 1/2 a grilled corn on cob, and 1/3 cup-ish of the corn bread. Estimating 300 calories.

IMG_2007.thumb.JPG.0686c74cdb2b12266d39892e71c054cd.JPG