Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

17 minutes ago, oneblessedchild1978 said:

I am on puréed foods and I feel full with just a tad over the 2.0 oz. I am drinking my sips of liquid and my eyes still want everything. Is this normal? It is almost four weeks after surgery.

Sounds quite normal. Try to remove the stimuli. I refused to watch commercials In the beginning when I was home recovering because they were all about food.

34 minutes ago, oneblessedchild1978 said:

I am on puréed foods and I feel full with just a tad over the 2.0 oz. I am drinking my sips of liquid and my eyes still want everything. Is this normal? It is almost four weeks after surgery.

To further what greentealeal suggested, try NetFlix for a while. No commercials so no food temptations.

Edited by ShoppGirl

My day’s worth of food at work. I had already drank a Protein Soup and ate about a 1/3 of the rice dish I packed.

The rice dish is made of- duxelles, ground beef, way too much kale, a bag of frozen mix vegetables, a random jar of chicken gravy, half a stick of butter and the remnants of a box of instant rice from the back of the cupboard. The kids and my sister topped theirs with cheese but I wasn’t brave enough to try.

I probably won’t the rest of the cucumbers I packed (have eaten 3-4 so far) because one got stuck and gave me the foamies. 😞

Ill post a picture when I get home of what I have left/ate instead as an update.

Edit- added a copy of the total count for everything for the day.

69EA52F1-0B84-4CCF-82EC-4FDD9483E846.jpeg

57FC34D7-19C5-492E-B4DB-A1E6015E4478.png

Edited by Starwarsandcupcakes

2 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

My day’s worth of food at work. I had already drank a Protein Soup and ate about a 1/3 of the rice dish I packed.

The rice dish is made of- duxelles, ground beef, way too much kale, a bag of frozen mix vegetables, a random jar of chicken gravy, half a stick of butter and the remnants of a box of instant rice from the back of the cupboard. The kids and my sister topped theirs with cheese but I wasn’t brave enough to try.

I probably won’t the rest of the cucumbers I packed (have eaten 3-4 so far) because one got stuck and gave me the foamies. 😞

Ill post a picture when I get home of what I have left/ate instead as an update.

That's nice, thanks for posting this.

Ended up drinking a Starbucks doubleshot and leaving behind some other stuff after deciding I wasn’t in the mood for citrus fruit. I updated the nutrition info as well.

8A4E606E-F676-43C2-AC3B-4CCB67DAC24D.png

F5284305-2BB6-4671-B33C-18DE96075378.jpeg

9 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Wow! Nice planning

Smoked flap steak, smoked chicken breast, and smothered broccoli. Husband finished a piece of steak for me. So good!

354D2C4B-AAD6-49C0-A521-621FA93C5256.jpeg

Okay all... I am new here and I've been going through this thread, so I figure you guys are best to ask. I, too, am a fellow foodie and cook - so I CANNOT wait to be able to start cooking again, trying new recipes and eating actual food. I am about to go into week three after surgery and finally get to have eggs and tuna... maybe a 1/2 piece of toast. So... here's the burning question:

I've read RNY patients should avoid cabbage. As a Scot-Irish American... this makes me sad. However, I see some of you eating Brussels Sprouts.... which I LOVE with some bacon in a pan!!!!

Have any of you had adverse reactions to them? (I already no longer have a Gallbladder since ten years ago... so I know all about dumping syndrome, etc.)

Btw - first thing I am making when I get to have real food is Shakshuka in my new ramekins I just ordered... with a little Truff hot sauce on top!! I cannot wait.

45 minutes ago, Chris10Mariah said:

I've read RNY patients should avoid cabbage. As a Scot-Irish American... this makes me sad. However, I see some of you eating Brussels Sprouts.... which I LOVE with some bacon in a pan!!!!

not sure where you read that, but I eat cabbage a lot. I can't think of any reason why RNY patients should avoid it. Maybe early out when you're supposed to avoid raw vegetables (that is, if you eat it raw), but otherwise...???

Edited by catwoman7

58 minutes ago, Chris10Mariah said:

Welcome!

I am almost 10 months post-op and I eat both cooked and raw cabbage all the time. I can’t tell you when I started eating cabbage post-op, but I really had minimal veg the first couple months due to lack of space, so probably very small amounts around two months.

Please show us your shakshuka when you make it. 😋😊

Tried this for the first time Saturday at a crawfish boil....... OMG. Sooooo Good.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/taste-of-the-south-fried-pickles-buttermilk-ranch-dip-spread/prod24651000

3 hours ago, Chris10Mariah said:

Okay all... I am new here and I've been going through this thread, so I figure you guys are best to ask. I, too, am a fellow foodie and cook - so I CANNOT wait to be able to start cooking again, trying new recipes and eating actual food. I am about to go into week three after surgery and finally get to have eggs and tuna... maybe a 1/2 piece of toast. So... here's the burning question:

Have any of you had adverse reactions to them? (I already no longer have a Gallbladder since ten years ago... so I know all about dumping syndrome, etc.)

Btw - first thing I am making when I get to have real food is Shakshuka in my new ramekins I just ordered... with a little Truff hot sauce on top!! I cannot wait.

I early on I had adverse reactions to cabbage. The gas afterwards was bad but also I had chest tightness a few bites in.
I think it just wasn’t cooked well/tender enough. These days I have no problem with cabbage cooked or raw as long as I chew it well.