Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

2 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

My sister gifted (more like cursed) me with a 2lb bag of sunflower seeds and I already had a stash (like 25+) of 1oz size snack bags! I’ve already made nut free Nutella with some of it. Usually I just eat them as is for a work snack but couldn’t resist the crunchy goodness on salad.

I'm a pumpkin seed gal myself. *I put that sh*t on everything*

5 hours ago, ms.sss said:

I'm a pumpkin seed gal myself. *I put that sh*t on everything*

The only time I get pumpkin seeds is when gutting pumpkins. Im excited for this pumpkin season because I am dying to roast some with the mesquite smoked salt I bought and maybe some chili lime ones with lime fresco salt...

In case anyone is wondering about my salt obsession it includes 18 different salts🧂🧂-

black truffle salt
wild porcini salt
vintage merlot salt
espresso brava salt
lime fresco salt
Spanish rosemary salt
coarse sea salt
pink Himalayan salt
Celtic sea salt
Hawaiian black lava salt
black garlic salt
alderwood smoked salt
mesquite smoked salt
coarse Kosher salt
maldon sea salt flakes (for cookies!) regular iodized salt
Larry’s seasoned salt
and accent (which is technically a salt but most people call MSG).

If I don’t add salt to just about everything (even bouillon granules) my blood sodium levels end up low so, yay yummy salt for me. 😂

Also, in case that wasn’t enough salt in planning on taking some of the fine pink Himalayan salt and mixing some vanilla Beans in with it to use for some baking.

Have I mentioned how much I love my restriction? 😂

Carnitas taco

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

image0.0.jpg

I made a version of zuppa toscana for dinner last night. I skipped the bacon and added mushrooms, celery, and red bell peppers. It was so good! I ate all of what I packed for lunch and I’m having leftovers for dinner tonight.

1E0244C0-B510-4401-95C0-DA5009D9F8AC.jpeg

2 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

I made a version of zuppa toscana for dinner last night. I skipped the bacon and added mushrooms, celery, and red bell peppers. It was so good! I ate all of what I packed for lunch and I’m having leftovers for dinner tonight.

1E0244C0-B510-4401-95C0-DA5009D9F8AC.jpeg

Zuppa Toscana is next on my list of recipes to try! I just bought some Italian turkey sausage to use for it. I’ve actually never had zuppa Toscana before, but I’ve been seeing it on Pinterest and it looks good. I hope mine turns out as well as yours.

2 hours ago, BigSue said:

Zuppa Toscana is next on my list of recipes to try! I just bought some Italian turkey sausage to use for it. I’ve actually never had zuppa Toscana before, but I’ve been seeing it on Pinterest and it looks good. I hope mine turns out as well as yours.

It’s one of the very few ways I’ll eat kale. Although, some recipes call for spinach, kale is what’s used in the Olive Garden Soup so I wanted to stay close to that. I love soup and it’s one of my favorites by far.

7 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

It’s one of the very few ways I’ll eat kale. Although, some recipes call for spinach, kale is what’s used in the Olive Garden Soup so I wanted to stay close to that. I love Soup and it’s one of my favorites by far.

I'm not a fan of kale, so I was planning to substitute spinach... Maybe I should give kale a shot in the soup.

16 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Have I mentioned how much I love my restriction? 😂

Carnitas taco

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

image0.0.jpg

😍

I made a bean & cheese burrito with low carb tortilla yesterday and only ate half. Made french fries and ate 6. BUT If it was tortilla or potato chips, I would have eaten 976425670753 😂

On 4/19/2021 at 3:12 PM, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

In case anyone is wondering about my salt obsession it includes 18 different salts🧂🧂-

black truffle salt
wild porcini salt
vintage merlot salt
espresso brava salt
lime fresco salt
Spanish rosemary salt
coarse sea salt
pink Himalayan salt
Celtic sea salt
Hawaiian black lava salt
black garlic salt
alderwood smoked salt
mesquite smoked salt
coarse Kosher salt
maldon sea salt flakes (for cookies!) regular iodized salt
Larry’s seasoned salt
and accent (which is technically a salt but most people call MSG).

If I don’t add salt to just about everything (even bouillon granules) my blood sodium levels end up low so, yay yummy salt for me. 😂

Also, in case that wasn’t enough salt in planning on taking some of the fine pink Himalayan salt and mixing some vanilla Beans in with it to use for some baking.

Ah, girl after my own heart!!!! I am a serious salt-a-holic as well, and, like you, was encouraged to take in more sodium by my doc due to low blood pressure. No complaints from me!

I never thought of mixing up salt with vanilla Beans.

tenor.gif.492c59d9ea39de89fe2829a762c9e73b.gif

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Ah, girl after my own heart!!!! I am a serious salt-a-holic as well, and, like you, was encouraged to take in more sodium by my doc due to low blood pressure. No complaints from me!

I never thought of mixing up salt with vanilla Beans.

tenor.gif.492c59d9ea39de89fe2829a762c9e73b.gif

Yeah. I saw it on Amazon but I wasn’t paying $8 for 2oz of vanilla salt when I’m going to make my own vanilla extract and have the pods anyway. I’d much rather pay $60 for 48oz of vanilla extract and 8oz of vanilla salt than $180 for all of it. 🤷‍♀️

5 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

2 egg spinach omelette (1/3 was my portion)

6485E0DB-6A6B-4D44-BDE3-D957F114C404.jpeg

Okay don’t laugh (cooking novice here) did you buy the spinach cut up like that or just cut it yourself. I ask because the NP said that the chopped lettuce is easier for us to digest so I’m guessing that would be the same for most greens. BTW it looks delicious.

17 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

Okay don’t laugh (cooking novice here) did you buy the spinach cut up like that or just cut it yourself. I ask because the NP said that the chopped lettuce is easier for us to digest so I’m guessing that would be the same for most greens. BTW it looks delicious.

Absolutely no judgement here ❤️
I cut it myself and the technique is called chiffonade. It’s super easy :

39 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Absolutely no judgement here ❤️
I cut it myself and the technique is called chiffonade. It’s super easy :

That looks easy enough with the right knife. I think I’m going to have to invest in a knife sharpener and some new knives if I’m going to be cooking more at home. Thanks!!

I am on puréed foods and I feel full with just a tad over the 2.0 oz. I am drinking my sips of liquid and my eyes still want everything. Is this normal? It is almost four weeks after surgery.