Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

4 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Falafel! Veggies fritters (spinach, carrots, zucchini etc)! Wings!

Speaking of Falafel...tonight's dinner (but made in the oven, not the air fryer, boo)

Fam had it with pita bread, I had it sans pita: 1 falafel ball, a couple tbsp each of the hummus, tzatziki and tabbouleh, 3 slices of the fried potatoes; plus some red wine before hand: 503 calories for the food and the wine.

I had just eaten my giant leftover bowl of brussel sprouts from lunch a hour or so before dinner, so this stuff was more of a snack.

P.S. The actual falafel was super quick and easy, but all the "fixin's" took a good part of the afternoon.

IMG_1638.thumb.JPG.1d231b973ce511b784d630f9633b7f41.JPG

IMG_1643.thumb.JPG.b0dc846ff4ec422547986c1fa0f7d05d.JPG

1 minute ago, ms.sss said:

I had just eaten my giant leftover bowl of brussel sprouts from lunch a hour or so before dinner, so this stuff was more of a snack.

Speaking of Brussel Spouts...

I served myself about 1/3 of the pans contents (about 2-ish cups)...finished it all (forgot to take a pic) over a few hours.

2-ish cups of Pan fried Brussel Sprouts with Bacon: 200 calories.

IMG_1642.thumb.JPG.2b96ef1dc6e09a99045d8ae7d5ef1af5.JPG

9 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

My AMAZING friend knew I would probably never decide on one of these babies so she gifted it to me! Let the games begin!
Can I have everyone’s favorite Airfryer recipes/hacks, pretty please ❤️

What a fabulous friend you have @GreenTealael. I only have a ‘don’t do it in the air fryer’ experience - crumbed lamb cutlets. One of my most favourite things. But they were very anaemic & unappetising looking. Plus no crunchy coating. Waaah! Think I needed to add more oil than I did but that was the point of the air fryer - less oil.

Fresh Salmon is great for Breakfast. I make it in two ways.

1. Simple ....bake or poach it. Brush it with olive oil, ( I use a little butter ). sprinkle w/mince fresh herbs: dill weed is my favorite but oregano, sweet marjoram, parsley, lemon juice, and season with a light touch of garlic/salt/pepper. Top it with poached egg dusted with Parmesan cheese. Add a side of asparagus sautéed quickly with olive oil and lemon juice, seasoned to your taste.

2. Salmon patties....Recipe: Poach fresh salmon filets and remove the thick skin. Flake the salmon into course bits. Mix with minced celery, sweet onion ( green shallots, diced sweet red pepper, opt.), Tablsp light Mayonnaise (opt), herbs and seasoning. Mix with 1 or 2 eggs and drop a serving size on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake in a 350 F oven until the patties are firm to touch and slightly toasted on top. Quantities will vary according to your taste and number of servings.

8 hours ago, Goddess1974 said:

I’m sure it will be interesting to see how we change our eating habits & portions!

At almost 4 yrs post op, I’m not sure if the Air fryer will change anything for me except less work cooking. 🙌🏾

For example, I tested my wing eating capacity a few times and I can only eat 3-4 (half pieces not whole traditional chicken wings) and I am surprised because that still seems like an awfully small amount to me.

2 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

At almost 4 yrs post op, I’m not sure if the Air fryer will change anything for me except less work cooking. 🙌🏾

For example, I tested my wing eating capacity a few times and I can only eat 3-4 (half pieces not whole traditional chicken wings) and I am surprised because that still seems like an awfully small amount to me.

Last week, I made chicken wings for the first time since my surgery. I was only able to eat one (plus some air-fried radishes).

17 minutes ago, BigSue said:

Last week, I made chicken wings for the first time since my surgery. I was only able to eat one (plus some air-fried radishes).

Oooo! How did they turn out?

8 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Oooo! How did they turn out?

The radishes were ok. I've seen a lot of people mention using them as a potato substitution, and this was my first try. I quartered them, sprayed them lightly with avocado oil, seasoned with Flavor God Everything seasoning, and roasted them in the air fryer with the chicken wing. The radishes themselves don't have much flavor, and even with the Everything seasoning, I found them pretty bland. I sprinkled some ranch seasoning on them and they were much better. I probably need to cook them at a lower temperature for a longer time. I think they're worth trying because they do have a nice, potato-like texture; I am going to experiment with different seasonings. I bet they'd be good with garlic parmesan.

8 minutes ago, BigSue said:

The radishes were ok. I've seen a lot of people mention using them as a potato substitution, and this was my first try. I quartered them, sprayed them lightly with avocado oil, seasoned with Flavor God Everything seasoning, and roasted them in the air fryer with the chicken wing. The radishes themselves don't have much flavor, and even with the Everything seasoning, I found them pretty bland. I sprinkled some ranch seasoning on them and they were much better. I probably need to cook them at a lower temperature for a longer time. I think they're worth trying because they do have a nice, potato-like texture; I am going to experiment with different seasonings. I bet they'd be good with garlic parmesan.

Thanks! Please let me know how it goes

On 04/13/2021 at 23:20, 1Artist said:

Fresh Salmon is great for Breakfast. I make it in two ways.

1. Simple ....bake or poach it. Brush it with olive oil, ( I use a little butter ). sprinkle w/mince fresh herbs: dill weed is my favorite but oregano, sweet marjoram, parsley, lemon juice, and season with a light touch of garlic/salt/pepper. Top it with poached egg dusted with Parmesan cheese. Add a side of asparagus sautéed quickly with olive oil and lemon juice, seasoned to your taste.

2. Salmon patties....Recipe: Poach fresh salmon filets and remove the thick skin. Flake the salmon into course bits. Mix with minced celery, sweet onion ( green shallots, diced sweet red pepper, opt.), Tablsp light Mayonnaise (opt), herbs and seasoning. Mix with 1 or 2 eggs and drop a serving size on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake in a 350 F oven until the patties are firm to touch and slightly toasted on top. Quantities will vary according to your taste and number of servings.

Omg sounds so good!! Salmon is my fav. I’m going to write these down! Thank you

Went out to lunch with my sister for the first time eating at a restaurant since my VSG in Dec 2019 (had revision in Aug 2020 and a bowel resection in Dec 2020), so I was over ambitious to say the least.

This is an after picture. I stole 3 small French fries from her and ate a bite of bacon off the salad. I think the melted cheese is what did me in. Next time I’ll order without the cheese. 😂🙃

6A852F6D-E5F7-4A4A-AF07-3EC301D4DF11.jpeg

17 hours ago, Arabesque said:

What a fabulous friend you have @GreenTealael. I only have a ‘don’t do it in the air fryer’ experience - crumbed lamb cutlets. One of my most favourite things. But they were very anaemic & unappetising looking. Plus no crunchy coating. Waaah! Think I needed to add more oil than I did but that was the point of the air fryer - less oil.

Agreed. No lamb in the Air fryer 😅

I love red lentils Green ones? Not so much. If red ones are cooked long enough they break down into this gloriously smooth texture akin to those of red bean paste without the sugar. The green ones I don’t have that luck with; they always taste overly starchy. My last shopping trip I bought a bag of red lentils to make this-

https://lovingitvegan.com/vegan-lentil-soup/

I’m excited but I have to use the ribeye I bought from the butcher first before it goes bad.

Edited by Starwarsandcupcakes