Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

04/01/2021 05:29 PM, ms.sss said:

Ok, are you sitting down???

So for the first time in over 2.5 years, I actually ate (wheat-based) pasta! And I didn't implode! LOL.

I know this doesn't look so very appetizing, but I'm pretty proud of my efforts, so I'm posting it anyway, so there!

Mushroom Ravioli with Parmesan Cream sauce!

I served myself 3, and ate 1. The fam fought a little bit about who would eat my other two (spoiler alert: Mr. won): approximating 100 calories for 1 (with 1 tbsp of the sauce)

Honestly, I don't know how the Nonnas do this regularly. From gathering all the ingredients to serving them on a platter, the time elapsed was SIX EFFING HOURS for 40 effing raviolis (but I was having fun throughout, so its all good).

And it took them less than 15 minutes to eat it all. I sort wished they took longer to eat it, geez.

I'm pooped.

IMG_1419.thumb.jpg.a321bb9e9560edf6cfd45f5e1db8d7e8.jpg

IMG_1418.thumb.jpg.94caeceea8756a20758ed9d25b263334.jpg

O.M.G. Homemade mushroom ravioli! Looks and sounds amazing. I love that my sleeve allows to me enjoy things like this, but also like you could be totally satisfied after just one.

Maple glazed turkey burger salad! before and after

Usually turkey burgers are very dry (to me) but somehow this came out very juicy so I might add this into rotation permanently

0F5D0C5E-7975-476A-BFAE-347F133D43F8.jpeg

9FB5511A-0249-459F-BFD3-C315DDFFE7E4.jpeg

33 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Oooohhhh this looks gooooooood

It is delicious! Next time, I am going to use less sweetener though. I made a half batch from this recipe using granular Swerve. I needed a stove top recipe since the meringues were in the oven. 😬

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/natilla-creamy-custard

On 7/25/2018 at 9:55 AM, SueperGal said:

I love chicken pad Thai so much, but I haven't had it in months. I used to eat a full order in a sitting at least once a week. Last night i asked if they could replace the rice noodles with bean sprouts and ate 1/4th of an order (about 1 cup). My husband's full order is included for comparison. It was amazing! 20180724_191045.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

OMG that's a GENIUS idea! Love that bean sprout switch!

I'm so happy...i think the nice weather is here to stay and I can look forward to eating ALL my meals out on the deck! (well at least until I start complaining about the heat and the bugs 🙄)

Romaine, carrots, feta, pan-fried chicken, pan-fried brussel sprouts, 2 slices bacon & vinaigrette: 374 calories (plus an espresso martini beforehand +147 calories)

Brussel sprouts seems to be the only vegetable that I eat regularly that fills me up like dense Protein does...which is unfortunate as I love brussel sprouts. Looking forward to eating the rest later:

IMG_1556.thumb.jpg.e5a008f1b8febc2f63af401d0f4288c6.jpg

Spent the afternoon cooking my lockdown woes away and made the fam a homemade Dim Sum feast: 40 Sui Mai (steamed shrimp & pork dumplings), 10 Char Sui Cheung Fun (BBQ Pork Rice Noodle Rolls), and a large pile Yam Tempura. I had to take a phone call, and by the time I came back, this was all that was left. I swear, these people are vacuum cleaners.

I had 2 of the Sui Mai and the solitary Yam w/ a tsp of dipping sauce: 168 calories

IMG_1566.thumb.jpg.3f6cb217e796b2d9c252adbc7f930af9.jpg

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

French toast donut but it was too sweet and fatty 😩

9E0465C4-EE1E-4A8C-B30D-F4B344344E5F.jpeg

I call your donut and raise you 2 Oreo Thins (70 calories)

50B6774D-8AA6-4385-AE36-7E8B7E2AFFDB.thumb.jpeg.f4fedf188392352e95353d8a42382718.jpeg

On 04/07/2021 at 19:06, ms.sss said:

Spent the afternoon cooking my lockdown woes away and made the fam a homemade Dim Sum feast: 40 Sui Mai (steamed shrimp & pork dumplings), 10 Char Sui Cheung Fun (BBQ Pork Rice Noodle Rolls), and a large pile Yam Tempura. I had to take a phone call, and by the time I came back, this was all that was left. I swear, these people are vacuum cleaners.

I had 2 of the Sui Mai and the solitary Yam w/ a tsp of dipping sauce: 168 calories

IMG_1566.thumb.jpg.3f6cb217e796b2d9c252adbc7f930af9.jpg

Are y’all still in lockdown where you live?!

@ms.sss you are a Iron chef! Can you come cook for my family?! You’re always making from scratch dinners that look so good!! Come over please! Lol
Ps we aren’t on lock down here in Texas either so that may be appealing!!!

1 hour ago, Kris77 said:

Are y’all still in lockdown where you live?!

As of midnight tontie we are going back down for 4 weeks....our gov't's plan to curb the third wave.

1 hour ago, Kris77 said:

@ms.sss you are a Iron chef! Can you come cook for my family?! You’re always making from scratch dinners that look so good!! Come over please! Lol
Ps we aren’t on lock down here in Texas either so that may be appealing!!!

I've only been to Texas once (San Antonio) years ago, I'd love to go again, even just to cook for you and your fam, lol. Though our lockdown sorta prevents me from flying out of here easily anyway (not to mention coming back in).

Oh wow. Are y’all getting it really bad again? You’re in Canada right?
So you’re saying if you fly down here you will get stuck here...cooking awesome meals and hanging out?! Sounds worth it!!Come on down!! Lol I’m kidding. That does stink y’all are on lock down. Are you able to work from home?
San Antonio isn’t too far from H-town (Houston). San Antonio is beautiful too.