Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

Tonight’s salad, with grilled chicken. Was going to make tofu, but ended up with chicken breast🤷‍♀️

Ate about 2/3 and put the rest in a bowl for tomorrow. 😋

8B695BEB-CFE9-4721-BECC-97E2588B0A27.jpeg

ps. Hubby ended up finishing salad, so I will start over tomorrow 😊

Edited by WishMeSmaller

52 minutes ago, WishMeSmaller said:

Tonight’s salad, with grilled chicken. Was going to make tofu, but ended up with chicken breast🤷‍♀️

Ate about 2/3 and put the rest in a bowl for tomorrow. 😋

8B695BEB-CFE9-4721-BECC-97E2588B0A27.jpeg

ps. Hubby ended up finishing salad, so I will start over tomorrow 😊

What's the brown crunchy looking stuff at 1:00?

35 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

What's the brown crunchy looking stuff at 1:00?

Sesame sticks. 😋😋😋

I spent the last two weeks cooking for friends but nothing really bariatric friendly. I'll usually take like two bites of whatever I make and always make sure I have some kind of app or side dish that I can eat that way no one notices that I'm not eating what I made them. All pics are the fiancés plate or a friends plate. Featured dishes:

• Tallarin Verde (Creamy basil & spinach Pasta dish)
  • Kimchi fried rice w/ pork
  • Tallarin saltado tipo chifa (Peruvian/Chinese veggie lo mein)
  • Arroz chaufa de mariscos (Peruvian seafood fried rice)
  • Green enchiladas
  • General tso tofu
  • Veggie and pork stir fry

The veggie and pork stir fry is an example of what I make for myself while everyone is eating the "regular" dish I made. I usually just alter it in some way or craze on something else I prepared. I still find joy in cooking and watching everyone else eat :)

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

@MarvelGirl25 I've been missing your pics of fab food! Those look awesome...I'm salivating for that steak and the veggie and pork stir fry 🤤

Slim pickins' in my fridge & pantry this afternoon, so steamed some frozen edamame I found it the back of the freezer.

120 calories...ate it all

(I need to go grocery shopping!)

IMG_1337.thumb.JPG.92a4aed40850ab2c346eeb117a264538.JPG

sugar-free meringue Cookies -- egg whites, cream of tartar, zero-calorie sweetener, and flavoring (this batch is vanilla marshmallow). Ready to bake:

1697849597_MeringuesRaw.jpg.221065b1a55839a5b54b928c11429404.jpg

Out of the oven:

1389663521_MeringuesBaked.jpg.235e8e3965616c7f0aff3f512a40b05b.jpg

The number of cookies depends on how big you make them; I got 64 out of this batch and split it into 4 servings of 16 cookies. 19 calories for this whole plate:

1732699606_MeringuePlate.jpg.3692887bf569e4fdde06a9022ad56218.jpg

53 minutes ago, BigSue said:

sugar-free meringue Cookies -- egg whites, cream of tartar, zero-calorie sweetener, and flavoring (this batch is vanilla marshmallow). Ready to bake:

1697849597_MeringuesRaw.jpg.221065b1a55839a5b54b928c11429404.jpg

Out of the oven:

1389663521_MeringuesBaked.jpg.235e8e3965616c7f0aff3f512a40b05b.jpg

The number of Cookies depends on how big you make them; I got 64 out of this batch and split it into 4 servings of 16 cookies. 19 calories for this whole plate:

1732699606_MeringuePlate.jpg.3692887bf569e4fdde06a9022ad56218.jpg

Recipe please, with info on which sweetener you used. I need these in my life! 😍😍😍

35 minutes ago, WishMeSmaller said:

Recipe please, with info on which sweetener you used. I need these in my life! 😍😍😍

I used this recipe (but I only baked them for 1 hour and 15 minutes):

https://thesugarfreediva.com/how-to-make-sugar-free-meringue-cookies/

And this sweetener (I've seen a lot of recipes that call for powdered Swerve, but that's pretty expensive):

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Granulated-No-Calorie-Sweetener-Value-Pack-19-4-oz/37415080

I made this batch with egg whites from a carton, and I only used the equivalent of 3 egg whites because I have found that the carton's idea of one egg white is more than an egg white from a whole egg. Also, I have a Kitchenaid stand mixer and it is too powerful to use on high for this recipe. I only turn it up to 6 -- any higher than that and the egg whites will be over-beaten and collapse in the oven.

On 3/23/2021 at 1:43 PM, ms.sss said:

Slim pickins' in my fridge & pantry this afternoon, so steamed some frozen edamame I found it the back of the freezer.

120 calories...ate it all

(I need to go grocery shopping!)

IMG_1337.thumb.JPG.92a4aed40850ab2c346eeb117a264538.JPG

Me, too! Grocery shopping that is after two + weeks away... Made two varieties of tender poached chicken salads for the road. Left was traditional with celery, scallions, pecans and parsley. Right with slivered almonds, curry and golden raisins. Both mixed with a dab of Hellmans. The mini YETI kept everything really cold for travel. Happy Spring everyone! Made arrangement for our airbnb stay...

IMG_7496.jpeg

Unknown-2.jpeg

IMG_8253.jpeg

On 3/23/2021 at 10:01 AM, MarvelGirl25 said:

I spent the last two weeks cooking for friends but nothing really bariatric friendly. I'll usually take like two bites of whatever I make and always make sure I have some kind of app or side dish that I can eat that way no one notices that I'm not eating what I made them. All pics are the fiancés plate or a friends plate. Featured dishes:

• Tallarin Verde (Creamy basil & spinach Pasta dish)
  • Kimchi fried rice w/ pork
  • Tallarin saltado tipo chifa (Peruvian/Chinese veggie lo mein)
  • Arroz chaufa de mariscos (Peruvian seafood fried rice)
  • Green enchiladas
  • General tso tofu
  • Veggie and pork stir fry

The veggie and pork stir fry is an example of what I make for myself while everyone is eating the "regular" dish I made. I usually just alter it in some way or craze on something else I prepared. I still find joy in cooking and watching everyone else eat :)

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

WOW!!! Presentation looks as amazing as I am sure it tasted. That is one lucky fiancé', I'd say. Many best wishes and congratulations to the MARVEL-OUS couple. ;]

My fridge is fully stocked again, but I'm eating leftovers to use them up.

Salad: romaine & vinaigrette, cucumber, carrots, mozzarella, canned corn, figs, & avocado with last night's grilled trout and asparagus. I ate 2 asparaguses (asparagai?) before I took the pic.

458 calories for the whole thing.

Will eat the rest later.

IMG_1348.thumb.JPG.ed74b593bff119e1375546531bc185c9.JPG

Edited by ms.sss

bread baking extravaganza today. Shown below, French Bread & Pandesal (a Filipino bread roll). I also made buttermilk biscuits, but they ate them all before I remembered to take a pic this morning.

I ate 1/4 of a pandesal roll earlier: 43 calories

Also had an expresso martini beforehand: + 141 calories

185 calories total

P.S. I really need to work on my portioning when baking. They are all different sizes, which makes calorie estimation difficult.

IMG_1367.thumb.JPG.9cac7c036e18e90801fb54c5c7c39b40.JPG

Edited by ms.sss

This creamy tortellini, spinach, and chicken soup is a very popular recipe for both the Instant Pot and Crock-Pot. Since I'm not eating Pasta, I made it without the tortellini and added extra chicken and spinach to make up for the lack of tortellini. It's good, but not mind-blowing (to be fair, maybe it would be with the tortellini). My 5-ounce serving:

1401961785_SoupBowl.jpg.50af9c9b06fc238968791a0b871de548.jpg

651979084_CreamySoupNutrition.png.cca82b644638047d04554fb07487332a.png

This was also a perfect time to try out my new Souper Cubes. I've seen several people in the bariatric community recommend these. They are pricey (a set of two 4-ounce trays is $36.99), but I splurged because people say this brand is much better in quality than the cheaper ones. They do feel very sturdy and heavy-duty, and it's easy to pop the frozen cubes out of the trays.

1925706293_SouperCubes.jpg.ceb962fa64eaf4e585d2d0258cd22200.jpg

I can fit 5 of these cubes in a quart-sized Ziploc bag. I usually use these glass containers (which I love and highly recommend), but the cubes in a bag are a lot more compact, and I'm not limited by the number of containers I have. I will definitely get a lot of use out of these and probably buy some of the other sizes, too!

1843255277_SoupBag.jpg.2143486bdb6a49a94028c12057ac20cb.jpg