Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

dinner tonight! We grilled cheese burgers and had curly fries. Mine was bunless
Ate half and a few fries. Really good!!

image-0.003933906555175781.jpg

image-0.003933906555175781.jpg

Tonight’s imitation crab salad, aka deconstructed, spicy California roll. 😋

2853E330-D042-4DB8-BA1A-2AF3D66353F2.jpeg

11 hours ago, WishMeSmaller said:

yummmmmmmm...i love all things deconstructed

On 03/08/2021 at 20:19, WishMeSmaller said:

Man I need to up my game on plating up food beautifully and cooking new, adventurous foods!!
This looks so delicious!!

1 hour ago, Kris77 said:

Man I need to up my game on plating up food beautifully and cooking new, adventurous foods!!
This looks so delicious!!

Thank you! This is embarrassingly easy to make. I slice the stick style imitation crab, mix with mayo, Sriracha, and sesame oil to taste. Add cucumbers, green onions, avocado, drizzle of no sugar teriyaki sauce, and a sprinkle of furikake. After the picture I ended up adding more cucumber because it tasted so good. It is probably my favorite quick meal.

9 minutes ago, WishMeSmaller said:

Thank you! This is embarrassingly easy to make. I slice the stick style imitation crab, mix with mayo, Sriracha, and sesame oil to taste. Add cucumbers, green onions, avocado, drizzle of no sugar teriyaki sauce, and a sprinkle of furikake. After the picture I ended up adding more cucumber because it tasted so good. It is probably my favorite quick meal.

Definitely trying this!!

1 hour ago, kellym1220 said:

Definitely trying this!!

Me too! Add a couple spoonfuls of tobiko (flying fish roe) and it'll be as close to a California roll (sans rice) as you can get! YUM.

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

Me too! Add a couple spoonfuls of tobiko (flying fish roe) and it'll be as close to a California roll (sans rice) as you can get! YUM.

Mmmmm...tobiko! Great idea!

Yep. My daily salad: 300 calories.

But more beautiful (to me) than the salad is the absolutely gorgeous day it is today. Funny how after months of sub zero temps that a day not quite even in the double digits is a reason to rejoice.

Ate about half before I got too cold and went back inside 🙄

E16850F8-4B65-4985-9D45-499BEAB711F0.thumb.jpeg.57862ef0caf2cb28731dbc4cddee1205.jpeg

On 03/09/2021 at 13:31, ms.sss said:

Yep. My daily salad: 300 calories.

But more beautiful (to me) than the salad is the absolutely gorgeous day it is today. Funny how after months of sub zero temps that a day not quite even in the double digits is a reason to rejoice.

Ate about half before I got too cold and went back inside 🙄

E16850F8-4B65-4985-9D45-499BEAB711F0.thumb.jpeg.57862ef0caf2cb28731dbc4cddee1205.jpeg

Omg girl after my own heart!! That is the perfect salad!! Yummmmmm
But 9 degrees!!🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶it’s a cool 72 degrees right now in Texas at 4pm.

I’m in the purée stage. I overdid it and now am feeling that sort of stinging pain in my chest 😰

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

16 hours ago, M4rlene said:

I’m in the purée stage. I overdid it and now am feeling that sort of stinging pain in my chest 😰

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

Ahhhh, the purée stage. Don't worry...it won't last long ❤️

Beef and Sweet Potato Empanadas. I ate 1 (the one in my hand!): 197 calories.

I can never seem to get the dough thin and uniform enough for patty/dumpling -type applications, so I busted out my Pasta roller/maker...works wonders! Am thinking I could probably use this to roll fondant too 🤔 Hmmmmm..

IMG_1186.thumb.JPG.f17b8ddc078c528f305ff987afcb8162.JPG

IMG_1185.thumb.JPG.7f0750c31f78ca0739b99494bb5fe52c.JPG

Edited by ms.sss

Was planning on grilling some jerk pork for dinner tonite, but didn't realize it takes as many hours as it does! I've never done it on the grill before, only oven or instant pot which is way quicker. Sooooo am going to let the meat marinate another night and start grilling it tomorrow morning.

Tonite was going to be the first time I broke out Mr.'s valentines day present he got me a few weeks ago: a super-cool food thermometer with a wireless transmitter. I think it was a subtle dig at my tendency to over cook stuff lol. (I haven't used it until now cuz I was intimidated by it, honestly)

Anyhooo, since the jerk pork is moving to tomorrow's menu, and I had already psyched myself up to try out this toy, I decided to make some chicharron from the skin of the pork I was going to throw out anyway, using the thermometer to monitor the temp of the oil.

O.M.G.

I am in love with this thing. Only perfectly cooked food coming out of my kitchen from now on. Plus I like wearing the transmitter around my neck....lolololzzzz.

Check out this perfectly crispy, crunchy goodness-ness (unless of course deep fried pork skin is not your thing, in which case, look away.)

I ate 10 pieces (44g): 241 calories

IMG_1187.thumb.JPG.faa13d85f99f7974eb39f3c75274ddae.JPG

Edited by ms.sss

Ate a piece of broccoli before taking the photo. Oops!

1 oz basmati rice, 3.5 oz chicken teriyaki, 2.5 oz veggies. I ate it all! Love when it looks like a huge plate of food, but it's a small desert plate that I used. lol

PXL_20210311_165205686.jpg