Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

Ive been eating the same old food everyday.

Featured:

Shrimp tostadas topped with homemade pico, queso fresco, avocado, black Beans, lettuce and crema centro americana

Scrambed tofu wrap

A082E958-BC62-459E-A555-F8E0DABB7AC5.jpeg

289A2B35-1C93-4702-80B1-F484A650D2B8.jpeg

A29162F3-8B9B-4D1E-93A3-745F22F3A890.jpeg

8 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

I love how you post pictures of your "same old boring food" that look like plates served at a fine restaurant ❤️

I will take your same old boring food ANY. DAY. Lololzzzzz....

And yes: You. Me. And the cafe of dreams one day. If not this life, then the next.

P.S. would you believe I cannot find queso fresco in my MANY months of having it on my grocery item list. I need to find me a specialty store or something....

36 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

What's the difference between the Chinese style and Filipino?

Filipino steamed Buns are sweeter and a little denser...and Chinese ones are fluffier (and whiter).

7 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

P.S. would you believe I cannot find queso fresco in my MANY months of having it on my grocery item list. I need to find me a specialty store or something....

I “believe” queso fresco is easy to make...perhaps a new project for you????

ps. I like living vicariously through everyone else’s food these days. I would appreciate invitations to dine at cafe @ms.sss and cafe @MarvelGirl25. 😉😉😉

11 minutes ago, WishMeSmaller said:

I “believe” queso fresco is easy to make...perhaps a new project for you????

ps. I like living vicariously through everyone else’s food these days. I would appreciate invitations to dine at cafe @ms.sss and cafe @MarvelGirl25. 😉😉😉

Ooooooommmggg. I just googled it and it IS super easy to make! Thanks!!!!

P.S. we'll have a reserved "regulars" table just for you.

project.gif.558b51ef5099cd9ca81c2696be72903d.gif

7 minutes ago, OAGBPal said:

You don't have to speak French to enjoy this wonderful man and his shakshuka. As any good tourist, I've been there, and it was awesome ;)

CHALLENGE. ACCEPTED.

P.S. Though after watching this I have more of an urge to make shawarma (note to self: how to I get my hands on one of those contraptions....)

P.P.S. the language of food is universal lolololzzzzz.

7 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

CHALLENGE. ACCEPTED.

P.S. Though after watching this I have more of an urge to make shawarma (note to self: how to I get my hands on one of those contraptions....)

P.P.S. the language of food is universal lolololzzzzz.

I’d like a reservation for Shawarma

6 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Featured:

Shrimp tostadas topped with homemade pico, queso fresco, avocado, black Beans, lettuce and crema centro americana

Scrambed tofu wrap

A082E958-BC62-459E-A555-F8E0DABB7AC5.jpeg

289A2B35-1C93-4702-80B1-F484A650D2B8.jpeg

A29162F3-8B9B-4D1E-93A3-745F22F3A890.jpeg

Scrambled tofu looks amazing 😍

Some food from today....

1st pic, first meal of day, a salad, of course. My regular salad stuff with beets, some of yesterday's shakshura, and some curried chicken salad: 322 calories. Me and the Kid ate out of the container at the same time, and am guessing I probably ate a little less than a quarter of it (she eats faster than me!)

2nd pic, today's baking item: Earl Grey Macarons w/ earl grey infused buttercream filling & Ginger Macarons w/ glacé-ginger cream filling. I ate almost half of one of the Earl Grey ones: 130 calories. (the sad looking clumps at the bottom left of this image were shell fails)

3rd pic, dinner: Tamarind Soup with chicken: 219 calories. (drank all the broth first then worked on the solids)

IMG_1019.thumb.JPG.6faba48d3486ba77e5e6d555318ac784.JPG

IMG_1034.thumb.JPG.6f09f7be81f97948fe9ccb30357c79a6.JPG

IMG_1032.thumb.JPG.37c2502404c8c0aba7beb899b72a0332.JPG

Edited by ms.sss

On Sunday I made the pork char sui for me (lean Protein for the week), and chicken and bacon chowder for the husband (he eats keto). This is the last of the chowder. Not super photogenic, but very yummy and very rich 😋

E8E2BEEE-FE70-4AC5-86DA-6AD4E062866C.jpeg

8 hours ago, WishMeSmaller said:

On Sunday I made the pork char sui for me (lean Protein for the week), and chicken and bacon chowder for the husband (he eats keto). This is the last of the chowder. Not super photogenic, but very yummy and very rich 😋

E8E2BEEE-FE70-4AC5-86DA-6AD4E062866C.jpeg

I was hoping you would post a piC of this when you mention it last.
I think it looks good, you can tell Its the kind of chowder that zooms in and hits the spot, lol.

i’d eat it out of a mug outside in the cold....yummmmmm

Edited by ms.sss

32 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

IFYKYK

E6F656C0-4F5A-4C67-9770-C358A1AF4F59.jpeg.798f9891dc813595ddcd2dab63440ba4.jpeg

1000000% AGREED.

I actually HATE it when someone offers to help (or if Mr. asks one the Kids to help me). I don't want to discourage helpful behaviour, but at the same time, inside i'm all: You're doing it wrong/too slow/etc...)....When someone is "helping" me, it becomes WORK.

....But don't tell them that!!

Edited by ms.sss

4 hours ago, ms.sss said:

I was hoping you would post a piC of this when you mention it last.
I think it looks good, you can tell Its the kind of chowder that zooms in and hits the spot, lol.

i’d eat it out of a mug outside in the cold....yummmmmm

This is the recipe I roughly followed. https://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/chicken-bacon-crock-pot-chowder/

Just in case you need another project on a cold day. 😂😂 A bit of chowder with a small slice of your homemade bread on your porch sounds amazing 🤩

ps. I had a small serving on Sunday night and hubby ate the rest. I would have been sick if I ate more than a quarter of what he put in that last bowl. 😂 that guy can eat!

Edited by WishMeSmaller