Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

My salad bowl over-floweth.

Romaine, pan-fried chicken, carrots, cucumber, feta, apples + vinaigrette : 206 calories.

Will eat the rest later.

IMG_0789.thumb.jpg.e8b96841f8d750ff507936ff22bf9fec.jpg

Had a sample of strawberry cheesecake pea Protein. Mixed it up with soy yoghurt and some dark chocolate. Looks admittedly pretty ugly on picture, lol. Taste was not bad but it's not something I want to have regularly. There are definitely some flavors that are quite nice tasting but I wouldn't want to order a whole tub of. This is an example. Another example is peanut-butter-jelly.

In oats I definitely like vanilla, cinnamon and salted-caramel. Interestingly enough chocolate not so much. In yoghurt I like the more fruity flavors though vanilla and chocolate definitely aren't bad. Baked goods it always comes back to chocolate, vanilla, hazelnut or peanut.

yoghurt.thumb.jpg.eab9d3e22b39da51dd667e633e5edf42.jpg

Just some boring looking Protein oats. I still have some X-mas flavors left. Gingerbread and Vanillekipferl.

The gingerbread one is heavy on the aniseed and resembles more the flavor of aniseed Cookies. The powder is unpalatable solo but it blends in nicely with vanilla, cinnamon star or chocolate in oats/mugcakes.

oats.thumb.jpg.b86908c7f6ce4997039a4725f2ba0d46.jpg

Edited by summerset

Planning on bean Pasta with veg bolo sauce tonight but I won't deny that there ist definitely the possibility of me just heating up a frozen vegan pizza (never had it before, curious about the taste). 😅

ETA: btw, does anyone know where users like sillykitty or fluffychix have gone?

Edited by summerset

On 2/15/2021 at 6:39 PM, ms.sss said:

@MarvelGirl25!! @MarvelGirl25!! @MarvelGirl25!!

Look what I made!

Ever since I saw you post that luscious Pernil Roast last year, it has been on my recipe-to-do-list. Finally did the deed today (well, I started 3 days ago, technically), and it turned out pretty darn good.

I had cooking-method schizophrenia and kept switching how I was cooking it over a span of 19 hours cuz i just wasn't convinced I was doing it right. Started off in the slow cooker, then I moved it covered to a roasting pan in the oven, then i lifted up out of the liquid on a rack, then I removed the cover, and finally broiled it.

The result was melt-in your mouth meat with a crispy crunch skin. I left the citrus juices to the side for self-serve cuz I wasn't sure if the fam would approve and couldn't make myself commit to pouring it over ALL the meat.

In any case, I'm not sure I would do this again anytime soon unless I am cooking for a tonne of people...so much effort!!!! We have a good amount of leftovers (but the skin is all gone) so will likely transform it into pulled pork sliders tomorrow.

Next up: I'm gonna try my hand at your Estofado de Res!

I had 55g of it plus some pineapple salsa (we didn't have any peas nor plantains, so just worked with what I had in the pantry...fam had it with rice): 199 calories.

Ate all the pineapple, and about 2/3 of the portioned pork (pork is really filling for me).

IMG_0776.thumb.JPG.3a5e1ff5ae4be753880b9fde618ac1f8.JPG

WOWWWWWWWW! That came out absolutely perfect!! Seriously! You can really tell the meat is super soft, and that skin .... my mouth is watering just thinking about it 🤤🤤

Using pineapple on the pork reminds me of Cuban style pernil where they use sour oranges. I need to try making one this way! Was it sweet?

But you're right, its a ton of work just because you have to keep an eye on it. I believe the last time I made one I through it in the oven covered for 7 hours and then uncovered for about 3 so I can only Imagine what 19 hours did to it ❤️

Cant wait to see how the estofado de res comes out!

One of my friends came over yesterday and cooked me Pho 🍜 So much Pho that I will be eating it for a few days, and I couldn’t be happier! 😩

This one is beef and meatball. I later went back and topped it with siracha, roasted garlic, and hoisin sauce.

7ED4225F-2BFC-4D66-88CD-EACC6D56F6E0.jpeg

7 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Using pineapple on the pork reminds me of Cuban style pernil where they use sour oranges. I need to try making one this way! Was it sweet?

LOL, i think that is what I made as the recipe called for sour oranges! I didn't put the orange juice on though, just left it on the side. Which was a good thing as the fam didn't care for it. The pork itself wasn't sweet at all...but I'm assuming you are asking about the pineapple? Which, yes, it was sweet-ish...I added onion and spices to savoury it up a bit, lol.

Is your friend Vietnamese? I would LOVE for someone to come over and cook me up some authentic Pho!!

Edited by ms.sss

Ok, I made these yesterday, but had to let it refrigerate overnight before taking them out of the springform pans.

Woke up this morning and found out Mr. ate one of the mini-ones out of the pan as a midnight snack. Arg! I was giving those minis away!!!

Anyhoo...am pretty proud of these guys: White chocolate Amaretto Cheesecakes!

I ate 1/3 of 1/4 of the big one: a whopping 315 calories, which basically amounted to like 3 bites, boo! That tiny little dish its in is a sushi soy sauce plate. I thought if I used a tiny dish, I wouldn't fill it up too much unnecessarily, lol. Its been over an hour since I ate it, and no dumping in sight, so that's a win, yay!

Going to deliver the minis and a chunk of the big one to fam and friends after dinner tonite.

IMG_0811.thumb.JPG.dbe888f0ca4a7f7f3bad8c837e5bdeac.JPG

IMG_0810.thumb.JPG.329a69f08552576d4bba8a9096bfa9f8.JPG

Tonite's Dinner: chicken in Peanut Sauce & Steamed Chinese Broccoli with Oyster Sauce.

I ate 1 chicken thigh (forgot to take a pic) + 1 espresso martini beforehand (not shown): 221 calories total:

IMG_0815.thumb.jpg.66ef6912218c5edbe37a3bec98ecadd8.jpg

IMG_84661B00356B-1.jpeg.32c114585ad8b98121401d90a84beced.jpeg

"Cashewsan"

cashewsan.thumb.jpg.1a793d6cd8ee5e13936263a38929b12f.jpg

115 g cashews (give or take a few gram)

4 tbs nutritional yeast

0.5 tsp onion powder, garlic powder, salt

Throw into blender and swirl for a few seconds. Store in an airtight glass in the fridge. I found it to be good tasting even after four weeks (though it usually doesn't last this long, lol).

I'm out of salad. Boo.

First meal of the day: Cottage cheese, cantaloupe, blueberries, pumpkin seeds and spices: 172 calories. Planning on eating it all.

IMG_0828.thumb.jpg.b83f27ef274c08a22fd1b7b9c50475e2.jpg