Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

On 12/11/2020 at 12:28 PM, ms.sss said:

Xmas == food gift baskets at Casa SSS!

I held off a full day before ripping open the box of peanut brittle that was calling my name *pats self on back* lol

15g: 55 calories

So far so good on the dumping front....

DEEP THOUGHTS: I read alot of posts from peeps on here that worry that they will never get to enjoy certain foods again. While I wouldn’t recommend eating this type of stuff during weight loss phase, after getting to maintenance i find there is room to eat some candy...#dontJudgeMe

Man, my hand looks pretty dry! Need some lotion, stat! 😂

F5E8FBC8-B081-443E-8728-73269FA0BF7E.thumb.jpeg.e860e7d692cad3a380a9d3ee2e3066f1.jpeg

88840CED-3B7B-48E6-B738-AA212EBD8585.thumb.jpeg.8af89d4beff908260271896f8f493b31.jpeg

2FE8FB25-A01C-4CA3-9509-808F7FB3632A.jpeg.0f98c044677aea153d569a366a3d2997.jpeg

When does my gift basket arrive!? ;]

12 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Looks really really good! Any specific recipe used or was this your own creation?

Had some leftover chicken thighs after making chicken salad and said HMMM... What could I make different than marinated baked chicken? We keep freshly ground Peanut Butter in the fridge as a staple - so I got creative! ;]

3 hours ago, ms.sss said:

@Starwarsandcupcakes...am loving that bowl of yours. I am stealing that idea

Thanks. I get the bariatricpal monthly subscription box and this was in my last one along with a banana bread (death fruit- I’m allergic) Protein bar. Definitely gave the protein bar to my sister but I’m loving the bowl!

I really liked what ms.sss said about not finishing every last bite at a meal - even if it seems silly. No joke in learning to listen to our bodies new cues when we are almost full. I have these miniature containers ready for just those occasions. I can enjoy a few more bites of chef salad at the next meal. Thank you ms.sss for that important news flash and wisdom. Hugs! Do send a recent snowscape. It must be a winter wonderland...

IMG_6974.jpeg

Breakfast was super filling so I ended up skipping lunch. Had an omelette minus the slice of toast and butter which was for my bf and dinner was homemade chicken Soup.

E8437D2D-5A99-4AC4-9A07-604873D55F88.jpeg

A8CECBCE-7EC1-49D9-B516-E1D119697E21.jpeg

3D425820-8F59-427D-80F8-182175AC3389.jpeg

When I work 12hr shifts I pack most of my calories. I had Chana saag for breakfast/dinner (I work nights) but this is everything else that I may or may not eat all of.

cottage cheese, no sugar peaches, Protein Tomato Soup, sugar free Jello, Protein Bar, Protein Shake for my coffee, seaweed Snacks, cucumbers, bell pepper and the rest of the dressing I counted yesterday but didn’t finish.

Nutritional info includes the Chana saag, too.

75A94997-E801-45B2-B80B-D620E2F5B45D.jpeg

DC0B1B00-FA25-4C34-9540-2A2489474DCD.png

Breakfast/lunch was scrambled eggs w/ avocado toast and bacon and dinner was another Soup. This time I made sopa de albóndigas (meatball soup) with chickpea Pasta and tons of veggies. Used ground turkey for the meatballs.

4999EB7F-8BD0-4272-B4C4-485E50A1E043.jpeg

1F71EF5B-A9BB-45C5-835D-F861027C8CBB.jpeg

9FBA3E03-32E1-4CD0-8626-EB177B387DF1.jpeg

Edited by MarvelGirl25

Cinnamon Spice Almost Keto pancake

IMG_20201215_083522.thumb.jpg.3d9d292c8d6df9cef48c46d12ed1c968.jpg

2 tbsps coconut flour, 2 tbsps wheat flour, 2 tbsps Water, 1 tbsp milk, 1 egg, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp sugar substitute, dash of salt and spices.

Bigger than it looks so I ate ~1/5 and gave the rest away.

I could not find a decent recipe builder to accurately give me cals for this so I'm estimating 300 cals.

Rant: I officially hate coconut flour. It's too hard to work with. I have wasted so much on failed attempts. I usually have almond flour which is a lot more forgiving, but I ran out.

34 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Rant: I officially hate coconut flour. It's too hard to work with. I have wasted so much on failed attempts. I usually have almond flour which is a lot more forgiving, but I ran out.

Coconut flour requires SO much moisture. It’s definitely not a favorite for sure.

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

I only use coconut flour if I am making something that I want to taste coconut-y 👩🏼‍🍳

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

I only use coconut flour if I am making something that I want to taste coconut-y 👩🏼‍🍳

Agree. I like using it in veggie fritters. Add a little curry, and I think it gives them a Caribbean twist. I've also used it sparingly in coconut baked goods, where it's less than 20% of the flour mix.

Egg salad lunch today... And, Mr. Sophie (our resident baker) just made these cinnamon swirl Cookies for a neighborhood Christmas stroll-by from a safe distance. Found this tea towel for a friend's gift. Unfortunately, Christmas calories are not on my menu! For today, I Celebrate my 2nd year sleeve anniversary. Mrs. Sophie and cookie calories all year long departed that very day December 17, 2018. No longer miss that out-of-control decadence. Very Happy Holiday season everyone!

IMG_6956.jpeg

IMG_6838.jpeg

IMG_6902.jpeg

IMG_6860.jpeg

Fish stew with cod, scallops, and shrimp. Yep, ate on the couch with the bowl in my lap. It was good! 😋

C0FE3678-2E73-437B-9367-FE4C9501013B.jpeg