Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

I also can’t stop baking brownies!! This is the 4th batch I’ve made in the past week and a half (btw, batch #3 was a bit of a fail...accidentally put in crispy fried onions...but that’s another story, lol)

Anyhoo, here is a pic of today’s batch: Roasted Cashew and Skor bits Fudge Brownies. I made it with real sugar and everything.

I ate one 1x1inch square piece: 159 calories

DDA8BA1E-CD6B-40E3-801A-D33A57084BA1.thumb.jpeg.a7889c083d3f6d40db7c0c82b40a33f3.jpeg

Looks beautiful! I now know where all of my cooking desire/ambition went! What I have lost, you found 😃

dinner tonight with lots of left overs for the rest of the week. Veal with peppers and ⅓ of brown rice in mix. And, one of ms.sss brownies for dessert! I WISH anyway. Haha. Oh boy, one of my favorite baked goods.

IMG_6834.jpeg

food for today's late shift:

Rolled up whole wheat tortilla after it was baked with leftover Tomato sauce and vegan cheese. Not a culinary gem but the stuff had to go. Protein toasties with seitan burgers. Some bananas that have to go. Some cherry tomatoes. Not enough vegetables to be healthy today for my taste.

I'm still cleaning out my pantries to use up the stuff already opened. I will take quite a bit of food with me to the new town, lol.

wrap.thumb.jpg.58c6d6c6d750b2a629f859300c7cc3cc.jpg

16 hours ago, ChubRub said:

You are going to have to tell the onion story! LOL!!

Just before pouring mixture in the pan, I remembered that I missed adding Skor bits into the batter so grabbed it out of the pantry and shook some in. Realized it was actually crispy fried onions when I put the canister away and saw the Skor bits container still on the shelf. 🙄

A had as cracking up when he took a bite and said, in his best Joey Tribiani impression:

”Chocolate, good. Onions, good. This: GOOOOOOOD.” 😂😂😂😂😂

Spoiler Alert: It wasn’t that good.

In my defense, Skor Bits and Crispy Fried Onions look very similar:

134949DB-3087-40DE-833D-090CEEA2DAB1.thumb.jpeg.8bf5c1bd211ee2975b13b12e49d37df0.jpeg

edited to add: BFF said to expect a label maker for christmas 😂😂😂😂

Edited by ms.sss

Pan fried a few chicken breasts for my salads for the next few days.

Then proceeded to fix this ginormous salad for my meal. Obviously my my eyes were hungrier than my stomach.

275 calories for the entire ginormous bowl’s contents. Will have the rest later:

38 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Just before pouring mixture in the pan, I remembered that I missed adding Skor bits into the batter so grabbed it out of the pantry and shook some in. Realized it was actually crispy fried onions when I put the canister away and saw the Skor bits container still on the shelf. 🙄

A had as cracking up when he took a bite and said, in his best Joey Tribiani impression:

”Chocolate, good. Onions, good. This: GOOOOOOOD.” 😂😂😂😂😂

Spoiler Alert: It wasn’t that good.

In my defense, Skor Bits and Crispy Fried Onions look very similar:

134949DB-3087-40DE-833D-090CEEA2DAB1.thumb.jpeg.8bf5c1bd211ee2975b13b12e49d37df0.jpeg

edited to add: BFF said to expect a label maker for christmas 😂😂😂😂

LMAO!!! My fave part of the story is the Joey impression! Totally remember that episode! I'm a sucker for any Friends or Seinfeld joke!!

5 minutes ago, ChubRub said:

I'm a sucker for any Friends or Seinfeld joke!!

“I’m the Holiday Armadillo” is my all time fave episode.

That, and “Pivot!!” still make me laugh out loud even after watching them a gazillion times. 😂😂😂😂

10 hours ago, summerset said:

I'm still cleaning out my pantries to use up the stuff already opened. I will take quite a bit of food with me to the new town, lol.

How's the relocation going?

Cabbage Soup with ground turkey. Ended up eating what was pictured and then more. 6042C197-B204-46EF-AFB2-17718A29F2FF.thumb.jpeg.b24e1fa39cd36afc686b22fc74ce1c9d.jpeg I’d been craving cabbage for weeks so this really hit the spot.

20 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

@MarvelGirl25 @Cheeseburgh

How did the move go?

Thanks, it was a Smooth Move. I forgot how much I HATE moving. I’m still not sure where to put stuff. The house is nice, updated, modern and a good size for a downsize. I don’t think we could have found a better house to rent. It is so weird renting though!

I miss painting, but we found a new hobby. My oldest son called and told us to get our Pokémon cards out of storage. (My husband was a SERIOUS collector) turns out we have thousands of cards and a ton of really rare and expensive ones. I had no idea! So we are learning the ropes on EBay and having fun sifting through our treasure!

2 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I miss painting, but we found a new hobby. My oldest son called and told us to get our Pokémon cards out of storage. (My husband was a SERIOUS collector) turns out we have thousands of cards and a ton of really rare and expensive ones. I had no idea! So we are learning the ropes on EBay and having fun sifting through our treasure! 

Thats awesome. You can make a killing!

My Kid was an avid collector too when she was little (as avid as a 6-8 year old can be, lol). But she only kept the cards that she deemed "cute". She gave away the rest. Rarity and value be damned. 😂

Cant seem to find any candied ginger in the grocery stores (seems they removed all the bulk-help-yourself-bins, where i usually get them), soooo I figured i’d try to make it myself.

Didn’t realize how long it would take!

Ended up with a 2-cup sized batch, a large jar of veeeerrrryyyy concentrated ginger tea, and a medium jar of ginger Syrup (which is unbelievably delicious).

They aren’t ready yet (supposed to dry out another 24 hours) but I had 2 teeny pieces (3g) and about 1/2 a tsp of the syrup to taste....im guessing 17 calories total. Never getting store-bought again!!

243AE863-8DCE-4FF1-86A8-FA6DE4FE1E6C.thumb.jpeg.d472bc9f2d5c44be610f5fc5b884b696.jpeg

29 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Cant seem to find any candied ginger in the grocery stores (seems they removed all the bulk-help-yourself-bins, where i usually get them), soooo I figured i’d try to make it myself.

Didn’t realize how long it would take!

Ended up with a 2-cup sized batch, a large jar of veeeerrrryyyy concentrated ginger tea, and a medium jar of ginger Syrup (which is unbelievably delicious).

They aren’t ready yet (supposed to dry out another 24 hours) but I had 2 teeny pieces (3g) and about 1/2 a tsp of the Syrup to taste....im guessing 17 calories total. Never getting store-bought again!!

243AE863-8DCE-4FF1-86A8-FA6DE4FE1E6C.thumb.jpeg.d472bc9f2d5c44be610f5fc5b884b696.jpeg

I've made that a few times. It does take awhile - but it's ridiculously easy to make. and yes - that syrup is great! The only thing about homemade crystallized ginger is that it can be really intense, though. Sometimes it's fine - but other times it's TOO intense...