Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

Was gifted an instant pot about a year and a half ago, and we use it at least once a week, sometimes more. Use it for meats (especially good for pre-cooking bbq ribs and ANY chicken application...even if i have to finish in oven/grill...super moist and tender!) stews/chili, mac&cheese, Soups, even made a cheesecake a couple times.

It IS huge though (way too big to stay on the counter, IMO), so I keep it in the island cupboards, along with a whole host of other kitchen appliances. Unlike @Cheeseburgh, im a bit of a small appliance hoarder in my old age 🤦🏼‍♀️

P.S. my one complaint, though, about the instant pot is that it is so tall that I need to stand on a stool/chair if i have to sauté stuff, or even just have to look into it...

P.P.S. Just though of another complaint...the rubber sealing ring in the lid tends to absorb food smells quite a bit so I need to soak the ring in baking soda overnight to de-smell it.

Edited by ms.sss

The Instant Pot is great for beans! You don't have to soak them and they cook in less than an hour for a pound of dry Beans. I made black bean Soup the other day and it was delicious. Actually, anything I've made in it is delicious. Ms.sss, I have the same height challenges as you with the instant pot...I too have to stand on a step stool sometimes to use it!

First post-COVID workout today after two weeks with nothing more strenuous that short, slow, walks in the neighborhood with my dogs. 60 minutes of cardio. Hopefully I did not overdo it. It is great to be off quarantine 😬

Lunch: ham slices filled with cream cheese, micro greens, banana peppers, and some tomatoes on the side. 200 kcals. Yum!

0D3FF146-CE48-4567-B536-E6C58EB38C8B.jpeg

Curry coconut mussels.

Ate 7 of them: 115 calories.

PLUS: coffee martini beforehand (not shown): 141 calories

60956E0D-F127-4D80-918C-18A9B0F07052.jpeg.931ef5963c28f3c6f1d899dc1d9e61c4.jpeg

Edited by ms.sss

Pressure cooking is supposed to reduce cooking time considerably but I'm not sure what pot to get and if it really works out as easypeasy as some cooking blogs claim. Experiences seem to be mixed when it comes to this.
Not-so-fancy ones you simply put on your stove aren't that expensive so it might be worth an investment. Not 100% atm though.
I have an Instant Pot and it's great. Before that I had one I got from Aldi for 15 bucks and it was actually really good too. I especially like it for things like Beans, chili, and pulled pork because it decreases cooking time so much. I don't use it a ton because I don't make those things frequently, but it's great for when I do. I like making beans from scratch because then I can control the sodium.
Before surgery I made Mexican rice in it all the time and it came out perfect every time, but I'm not eating rice now.
The only thing I'd change is I got the 8 quart because it was a great deal at the time, but it's pretty big for our family of three. The 6 quart would be much better.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

I ate 10 mussels (140 calories, not shown) earlier, but was still hungry so this was up next.

Cucumbers, carrots, dates, cranberries, pumpkin seeds & some cheddar: 156 calories. Ate it all.

So total for “lunch” is 296 calories.

Im seriously suffering from lettuce withdrawal. I feel like im just eating soggy trail mix without it. 😭

41C51789-A928-406A-AC3E-1115164C386C.thumb.jpeg.e3b4331cfa49d5efc4599153bce6b51e.jpeg

0BDAA617-DF1D-4676-86FD-8911196FB4D5.thumb.jpeg.d00f218b4345ce09fc59fd474119a8d9.jpeg

Edited by ms.sss

Just to torment Ms.SSS. You really do need to come back to Aust. No lettuce shortage here. I have access to paddocks filled with them. (Not to sound like I’m dealing or anything - lol) I eat 2 every week.
867023A9-A7EF-4E55-808E-577B750552C8.thumb.jpeg.051f984538914edb74a9c8bb82b13ff7.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Arabesque said:

Just to torment Ms.SSS.
867023A9-A7EF-4E55-808E-577B750552C8.thumb.jpeg.051f984538914edb74a9c8bb82b13ff7.jpeg

That's just mean.

12 minutes ago, Arabesque said:

You really do need to come back to Aust. No lettuce shortage here. I have access to paddocks filled with them. (Not to sound like I’m dealing or anything - lol) I eat 2 every week.

I think you may be right. And you CAN be my lettuce dealer...

😂

Edited by ms.sss

I’m a week out from an emergency internal hernia repair (who knew that was a complication of LGBP because I didn’t!). Anywho eating has been ROUGH the last week. Most days I only average 400-500 calories and that’s with a Protein Shake. Found a healthy choice steamer bowl in the freezer my sister left (woohoo!) Normally 190 calories, 28g of Protein, 5g of fat, and 8g of carbohydrates for the whole thing. Ate about half? My kid snatched the rest while asking if I was full after a half hour. Yes, kid, go ahead I’m totally done with it.

54AFAE56-A793-4B56-8B21-6BAE8615A2F9.jpeg

3E54A3E0-0686-4C52-BC91-3B2DAC8FC20D.jpeg