Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

31 minutes ago, Sophie7713 said:

I have those days, too, when I am not very hungry AND occasionally where I feel like a bottomless pit! Haha. I think that's just the ebb and flow for most people whether WLS or regular folks. I enjoy cottage cheese and fruit, egg salad lettuce wrap

IMG_2206.jpeg

I think you may be right. I suppose I was more often than not a bottomless less pit pre-wls.

This lettuce wrap look DELICIOUS (so does ur steak stir fry, but freshness look of the wrap is calling me tonight...yum)

So today was another don’t-feel-like-eating day until tonight when Mr made Pasta for dinner that I had no interest in and so pulled these out if the pantry to eat at the table. I ended up eating a ridiculous amount (1.75 cups!) over about 2 hours of these unbelievably delicious mushroom “chips”. I think these may just be my kryptonite and the eventual death of me.

420 calories for 1.75 cups...but oh, sooooo good. I need to figure out how to make these in a lower-cal version...

I realize my diet hasn’t been the greatest/healthiest the past several weeks. I blame the lettuce shortage.

7333531C-9CFB-4BA5-B4C9-AC9E21678FFC.thumb.jpeg.24fd2b493da41101136d2b3663777a43.jpeg

915A95C7-DB6E-494C-8E2B-53359852C8AB.thumb.jpeg.5caeabad61da5cfd171a371e66009e5d.jpeg

16 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

So today was another don’t-feel-like-eating day until tonight when Mr made Pasta for dinner that I had no interest in and so pulled these out if the pantry to eat at the table. I ended up eating a ridiculous amount (1.75 cups!) over about 2 hours of these unbelievably delicious mushroom “chips”. I think these may just be my kryptonite and the eventual death of me.

420 calories for 1.75 cups...but oh, sooooo good. I need to figure out how to make these in a lower-cal version...

I realize my diet hasn’t been the greatest/healthiest the past several weeks. I blame the lettuce shortage.

7333531C-9CFB-4BA5-B4C9-AC9E21678FFC.thumb.jpeg.24fd2b493da41101136d2b3663777a43.jpeg

915A95C7-DB6E-494C-8E2B-53359852C8AB.thumb.jpeg.5caeabad61da5cfd171a371e66009e5d.jpeg

I ❤️❤️❤️ Portabella mushroom Jerky. Have not made it since surgery. Don’t have a real recipe, just add whatever sounds good like olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Aleppo pepper, etc.

Your snack/dinner looks yummy!

Edited by WishMeSmaller

22 minutes ago, WishMeSmaller said:

I ❤️❤️❤️ Portabella mushroom Jerky.

Ok, you got my attention. Crispy? or Chewy?

9 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Ok, you got my attention. Crispy? or Chewy?

A bit of both...some a bit more chewy and some a bit more crispy. I usually just google recipe for oven heat and times. I call it mushroom crack😂

I made pinto Beans (The long way from dried beans 😩) so I decided to make taco salad minus the taco- two meals, two days

IMG_20201120_181537.jpg

IMG_20201121_105400.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

Don’t normally eat dinner this late (started eating this a 9:15), but Mr. made another carb-heavy meal so I passed. But then i got hungry so...yeah.

Scrounged these up from the fridge: chicken, spicy sauce, Kimchi & cucumbers: 165 calories.

Moral of the story: don’t skip dinner, nor go too long without eating.

6EE3A4F7-BD8D-4005-818A-73E97CCE065B.thumb.jpeg.49e8a9cb4abc4c5851e137f7f2fff38c.jpeg

Edited by ms.sss

7 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I made pinto Beans (The long way from dried Beans 😩)

You're so brave. 🤣

I'm still asking myself if a pressure cooker will solve my time problem with cooking beans from scratch or if it will slowly collect dust in the back of some shelf because canned is still so much more convenient and the days in which red kidney beans and maybe chick peas (if lucky!) were the only canned beans available are over.

3 hours ago, summerset said:

You're so brave. 🤣

I'm still asking myself if a pressure cooker will solve my time problem with cooking Beans from scratch or if it will slowly collect dust in the back of some shelf because canned is still so much more convenient and the days in which red kidney beans and maybe chick peas (if lucky!) were the only canned beans available are over.

IDK what the solution is to the time issue is with dry beans I feel like you have to start a week in advanceb because I soaked them at room temp for about 16 hrs with 3 Water changes band STILL had to cook them (regular pot) for 1+ hr 😩

The only consolidation is that I made a large batch for a meal prep so several portions went to the freezer (for my vegetarian boyfriend who barely eats vegetarian food... so now I'm fighting back 😂)

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

IDK what the solution is to the time issue is with dry Beans

Pressure cooking is supposed to reduce cooking time considerably but I'm not sure what pot to get and if it really works out as easypeasy as some cooking blogs claim. Experiences seem to be mixed when it comes to this.

Not-so-fancy ones you simply put on your stove aren't that expensive so it might be worth an investment. Not 100% atm though.

44 minutes ago, summerset said:

Pressure cooking is supposed to reduce cooking time considerably but I'm not sure what pot to get and if it really works out as easypeasy as some cooking blogs claim. Experiences seem to be mixed when it comes to this.

Not-so-fancy ones you simply put on your stove aren't that expensive so it might be worth an investment. Not 100% atm though.

it's hard to know how much you're going to use it. I use my Instant Pot in pressure cooker mode about twice a week now (I've had it for about two years, I think), so it stays out on the counter. The first few months I used it almost every day, but now I use it mostly to make yogurt, sometimes (dried) Beans, chili, marinara sauce - in other words, things that cook for hours on the stove that I can make in the pot in about an hour (or less). My mother-in-law's was a big dust collector in her pantry, so I asked her if I could have it last Christmas as a backup in case mine ever died (which I'm sure they eventually do...)

4 hours ago, summerset said:

I have an irrational fear of the stove top ones 🥺

On 11/16/2020 at 2:51 AM, Sophie7713 said:

That looks delicious CB. Did you make it in the instant pot, stove or crock pot? What cut of beef? I love mashed potatoes and gravy. Hot roast beef sandwiches were all the rage in central Pennsylvania!

I used a lean stew meat that the store had already cubed up. I just cook old school and use a Dutch oven. I bought an instant pot and gave it away, I think I’ve purchased 3 crockpots during my life and eventually gave those away too!

The older I get the more minimalist I become.