Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

On 9/26/2020 at 8:05 PM, Pandemonium said:

The tacos were GREAT! The texture was spot on for a regular tortilla. Taste-wise, they weren't overly flavorful, but I find multigrain wraps tend to have a little bit of a bland flavor to them, so it wasn't anything unusual. And really, the flavor comes from what you're putting in the tortilla more than the tortilla itself!

Just ordered 6 packs! Thank you for the feedback!

I think I am overestimating my eating capabilities and only expect to make it through two of these.

Rotisserie chicken (because I was lazy) heated in enchilada sauce, refried Beans, a little queso fresco crumbled, and some salsa...all on the 1-Carb Tortillas.

photo_2020-09-28_19-14-59.thumb.jpg.2275240f478d227da64dd5d1bab45974.jpg

<30 minutes later>

Yep...definitely overestimated! But so yummy!

photo_2020-09-28_19-58-09.thumb.jpg.f13a11237f1234c435966860db30ce99.jpg

I've been making some tasty meals but my phone is dead and I havent been able to take pictures! 😭 Come on pixel 5/iphone 12...

My recent fav has been shiozake, japanese salted salmon. Cut salmon into 2 oz filets, marinate in sake for 10 mins, pat dry and coat in salt. Line a tupperware with paper towels and stick it in the fridge. Broil on a sheet pan for 5 mins, no need to flip. I do this for Breakfast every morning these days, so easy and good

33 minutes ago, Double_Me said:

I've been making some tasty meals but my phone is dead and I havent been able to take pictures! 😭 Come on pixel 5/iphone 12...

My recent fav has been shiozake, japanese salted salmon. Cut salmon into 2 oz filets, marinate in sake for 10 mins, pat dry and coat in salt. Line a tupperware with paper towels and stick it in the fridge. Broil on a sheet pan for 5 mins, no need to flip. I do this for Breakfast every morning these days, so easy and good

This has always been my favorite cut style of salmon

a couple things i love in my kitchen..... #1 Foodsaver. OMG i have saved so much money by not throwing things out... like cheese, salad mix, fresh veggies, fruit, meat... etc. If you don't have one.... run to Walmart and get one... you will thank me.

#2 a sous vide .... go check out some youtube vids.....

@GreenTealael Happy belated Yom Kipur! How was the fasting? Did you feast afterwards?

Last night's dinner, forgot to take after pic, I was only able to eat half of it.

Soybean spaghetti with my favorite homemade beef sauce! 😋 I'm still not sure about the noodle texture though, but it did the trick for now.

20200925_220421.jpg

Wanted to switch up my breakfast by trying to eat a carb heavy breakfast instead and it didn’t go well 🤦🏻‍♀️

I made chia seed pudding out of the strawberry fairlife Protein Shake and topped it with 1 banana, 1kiwi, 1 peach, 5 black berries, 2 tbsp of blueberries, and 1 tbsp of almond granola. Everything was good and I enjoyed it but I was not full. I know it’s carbs but I would think after all that I would be somewhat full.

I might try this again but with oatmeal and less fruit. Anyways, Avo toast with two eggs on zero carb bread was my dinner since I missed it so much.

D91A42D5-F1E2-4E1D-881C-8A40E994936C.jpeg

52F41C6A-8E21-4787-A9B9-8F8972CC6258.jpeg

2 hours ago, Nermada said:

@GreenTealael Happy belated Yom Kipur! How was the fasting? Did you feast afterwards?

😋

Thanks ♥️, I eased out of it with just liquids then light fare. As always (on Yom Kippur) I was not hungry while fasting.

Tonight’s dinner: chicken picadillo on top of salad 🥗 finished it all

D1001FC5-AAEE-46C2-A737-42064DBEB74E.jpeg

Major splurge today. Thai rolled ice cream. This was banana, Nutella and it was sooo good. I ate 1/4 of it, although I could have polished it off!

Before, (minus 2 bites) and after. My son gladly finished the rest!

E739D002-7DF9-4441-B041-27ECB3C89E56.jpeg

7E8E3125-2861-483D-99D5-68C449F5748E.jpeg

Fiber waffle w/ avocado and burger

So I made my BF traditional waffles for a breakfast sandwich this morning (from scratch) and I decided I wanted a waffle too.

I wasn't going ruin my day by eating a traditional waffle because I haven't since RNY conversion so I had no clue how I would react.

I decided to make a fiber waffle (NOT chaffle 🤮) to use a a vehicle for avocado. Added a thin strip of leftover burger from dinner. It was really decent.

Made like traditional scratch made waffles but subbed fiber powder for flour.

IMG_20200930_095154.jpg

IMG_20200930_095213.jpg

IMG_20200930_100120.jpg

IMG_20200930_100158.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

The first is imitation crab meat salad made with light mayo, gochujang, fish sauce, and soy sauce and tossed with orange peppers and kimchi. I ended up eating it over 2 meals and my kids pilfered my leftover nori from the first meal.

The second is a weird tart I made from fat free vegetarian refried black Beans, cheddar cheese, tomatoes and an extreme wellness spinach tortilla. Ended up eating 3 slices and the rest might go in the garbage because the bottom didn’t crisp and I’m not about to eat soggy tart. 😬

66CFFDFE-0EBA-4D94-AE01-E1A7F204BD2E.jpeg

707ACDAA-E7EE-4CB7-9767-B0D524040A21.jpeg

00C5CC95-9FFD-4142-97A0-A9F4F1172243.jpeg