Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

6 hours ago, summerset said:

Leftover brown Basmati rice with furikake spice. Smokes trout. Thawed edamame and wakame salad.

trout.jpg

I ❤ trout and IDK why but just its name brings visions of lazy lake fishing 😂

I took advantage of my pizza craving and attempted to make broccoli and cauliflower crust pizza. I topped the broccoli with Alfredo sauce, spinach, onions, feta, bacon and tomatoes. For the cauliflower I topped it with red sauce, pepperoni, ham, onions, mushrooms, and bell peppers.

Results: both were delicious! Didn’t make me miss regular Pizza Crust at all, and tbh I think I actually like these better! They both held together nicely, didn’t flop over and the broccoli had more of a bread like consistency. I can’t see myself making this a lot just because I’m still in weight loss mode but it was a nice way to get rid of the craving!

436D13F2-D3A6-42F4-9210-E0119E03A27F.jpeg

E5F7566A-2F11-49ED-A611-B86F2B9643B9.jpeg

17 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Ok, so this is the anecdote we always share when people find out that we lived in Brisbane for a year a while back, and they almost always ask about the weather:

We arrived in July, which was winter, and we were taken aback when we saw alot of people were wearing parkas with fur-lined hoods even. We must have looked ridiculous in our shorts and sandals. But we are used to Toronto winters, so we probably built up a level of immunity, lol.

Though, come summer/December I was taking like 2-3 showers a day from all the sweating. The poor Kid was almost comatose from the heat.

But whatever, it was probably one of the most enjoyable, peaceful years I've had in my life, so its all good.

I ❤️ Brisbane.

Will you be my tour guide? Let's go to Brisbane and meet up with Ms. Emma Peel!

Tomorrow night I'm going to make a stew with Tomato and coconut sauce. I planned to do a pita pizza with my leftover single pita but the vegetables and the coconut milk have to go first.

2 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

I took advantage of my pizza craving and attempted to make broccoli and cauliflower crust pizza. I topped the broccoli with Alfredo sauce, spinach, onions, feta, bacon and tomatoes. For the cauliflower I topped it with red sauce, pepperoni, ham, onions, mushrooms, and bell peppers.

Results: both were delicious! Didn’t make me miss regular Pizza Crust at all, and tbh I think I actually like these better! They both held together nicely, didn’t flop over and the broccoli had more of a bread like consistency. I can’t see myself making this a lot just because I’m still in weight loss mode but it was a nice way to get rid of the craving!

436D13F2-D3A6-42F4-9210-E0119E03A27F.jpeg

E5F7566A-2F11-49ED-A611-B86F2B9643B9.jpeg

These are a work of art! And, look delicious, too.

Had some cauliflower left in the fridge - so tired to replicate this salad we had a few weeks ago at our new fav restaurant. It's thinly sliced raw cauliflower, slivered roasted almonds, sliced dates and kale strips. Tossed and marinated in fresh lemon juice, honey, olive oil with S&P + chili flakes dressing. Shaved Parmesan cheese topping. It was lunch. I ate the entire serving in clear glass bowl.

IMG_5715.jpeg

IMG_3608.jpeg

Edited by Sophie7713
misspelled word

3 minutes ago, Sophie7713 said:

Had some cauliflower left in the fridge - so tired to replicate this salad we had a few weeks ago at our new fav restaurant. It's thinly sliced raw cauliflower, slivered roasted almonds, sliced dates and kale strips. Tossed and marinated in fresh lemon juice, honey, olive oil with S&P + chili flakes dressing. Shaved Parmesan cheese topping. Too lazy to make the shrimp and lemon zest... It was lunch. I ate the entire serving in clear glass bowl.

IMG_5715.jpeg

IMG_3608.jpeg

5 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

436D13F2-D3A6-42F4-9210-E0119E03A27F.jpeg E5F7566A-2F11-49ED-A611-B86F2B9643B9.jpeg

Recipe?

These pizza's are LOADED! They are like a deep dish pizza (my old fave) on a thin crust (also an old fave).

3 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

Will you be my tour guide? Let's go to Brisbane and meet up with Ms. Emma Peel!

That would be too cool. ❤️

3 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

IMG_5715.jpeg

IMG_3608.jpeg

Which one was the one you made?

Though, doesn’t really matter, they both look delicious.

*added to my to-make list*

Jerk chicken Thighs with Peach and Grilled Corn Salsa over Coconut Rice.

I had 1 thigh and 1/4 cup of the salsa: 158 calories.

(I feel like I’m still hungry though, and may have another thigh maybe in an hour if I am still thinking about food)

FF0D710E-E163-4ECA-B407-5E5ABBE1DDD6.jpeg

22 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Ok, so this is the anecdote we always share when people find out that we lived in Brisbane for a year a while back, and they almost always ask about the weather:

We arrived in July, which was winter, and we were taken aback when we saw alot of people were wearing parkas with fur-lined hoods even. We must have looked ridiculous in our shorts and sandals. But we are used to Toronto winters, so we probably built up a level of immunity, lol.

Though, come summer/December I was taking like 2-3 showers a day from all the sweating. The poor Kid was almost comatose from the heat.

But whatever, it was probably one of the most enjoyable, peaceful years I've had in my life, so its all good.

I ❤️ Brisbane.

Our humid summer day temps are 35+, so when we get winter days of 18 or less it’s freezing for us in Brisbane. I always shake my head at how people dress for the cold - wearing parkas with thongs. I love our springs & autumns. Just glorious days.

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

That would be too cool. ❤️

After this COVID debacle - Let's DO IT! ;]