Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

15 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

No top secret tips from me, just consistency over perfection (Balance)

Help me out @Sophie7713 @ms.sss @sillykitty @Cheeseburgh @summerset @MarvelGirl25 @catwoman7

I agree, no top secret tips here

I think the key is to find a sustainable plan that will work for you long term.

What works for me (but may not work for anyone else)

• Logging everything I eat and drink everyday. So I know the approximate calories that I lose, maintain or gain at.
  • Weigh myself on a regular basis. I have weight red line. If I go over that for more then a few days I know I need to make adjustments to my diet to bring my weight back down
  • If I want to lose a little then I can do intermittent fasting which I might combine with calorie restriction.

I think it is also important to be aware of what will not work for you long term. I know that I will never maintain a rigorous work out schedule. I am also very susceptible to diet fatigue and will rebel if I feel deprived. So I know that moderation works for me, and not restrictive diets like Keto etc..

BBQ Feast!

BBQ Brisket (à la Instant-Pot then finished in the oven), warm German potato salad (with BACON vinaigrette!!), grilled corn & garlic bread.

You don’t see all of it, but the entire brisket was almost 6 lbs. Gonna be leftovers for days...

I ate 75g of the brisket, 1/4 of a corn cob, and (oh my) a spoonful of the potato salad with a generous amount of bacon bits. This was probably the first time I’ve had potatoes on purpose since surgery, and it was meh...I really just wanted a taste if the bacon vinaigrette (which was DELICIOUS).

398 calories.

P.S. Mr. was in charge of frying up the bacon and he didn’t cook it for long enough, nor at a high enough heat, hence the unappetizing pasty colour to them 🙄

3610B5B7-B95E-4C74-9156-7CFD43CD0B20.thumb.jpeg.f40db72c7f2437161269ac70ae651ce4.jpeg

Edited by ms.sss

@anniedebbie

Congratulations on your surgery date.

SIx years out, living healthy has become habit.😁 . There is no weight loss surgery secret. Follow your surgeon and dietitians plan. Be consistent not perfect.

This can be done long term

[mention=384903]anniedebbie[/mention]
Congratulations on your surgery date.
SIx years out, living healthy has become habit.[emoji16] . There is no weight loss surgery secret. Follow your surgeon and dietitians plan. Be consistent not perfect.
This can be done long term

Thank you sooo much!!! I need to look my best for a wedding in April and I really want to lose 100lbs in 6 months [emoji30] I know its probably too high a goal.

Sent from my SM-N970U using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, anniedebbie said:

Thank you sooo much!!! I need to look my best for a wedding in April and I really want to lose 100lbs in 6 months I know its probably too high a goal.

Sent from my SM-N970U using BariatricPal mobile app

I don't know your starting BMI, but 100 lbs in six months would be pretty optimistic for a lot of us. Some lose that much in six months, but I wouldn't say that's normal. Regardless, you should lose quite a bit if you're committed to your plan.

I decided to have a mini splurge dinner last night. (I consider over 450 calories, or high carb a splurge) I bought Molinaro pizza kits from costco. 220 calories for 1/4 crust and sauce. I added 1.5 oz of mozzarella 3 slices of pepperoni and 1/3 of an *Italian sausage. I sat down, took a bite and got confused , it was weird and gross.

I accidentally put bratwurst on my pizza! I DO NOT recommend this combo!
I took it off, saved 90 calories and learned a lesson.

DD632DF5-9E96-46D5-B594-4575D83B7AFB.jpeg

Edited by Cheeseburgh

1 minute ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I decided to have a mini splurge dinner last night. (I consider over 450 calories, or high carb a splurge) I bought Molinaro pizza kits from costco. 220 calories for 1/4 crust and sauce. I added 1.5 oz of mozzarella 3 slices of pepperoni and 1/3 of an *Italian sausage. I sat down, took a bite and got confused , it was weird and gross.

I accidentally put bratwurst on my pizza! I DO NOT recommend this combo!
I took it off, saved 90 calories and learned a lesson.

DD632DF5-9E96-46D5-B594-4575D83B7AFB.jpeg

How was the crust otherwise? Thick or thin? It looks really really good 😍

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

How was the crust otherwise? Thick or thin? It looks really really good

For as easy as it is, it’s very good. You top it and it’s done in 8 minutes. It isn’t as good as fresh dough but it’s better than frozen pizza. I would call it medium crust, I prefer thin and I don’t find this one bready. It might be marketed as thick crust, but it isn’t thick like Digiorno.

Hope that helps, I take my pizza seriously!

3 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

For as easy as it is, it’s very good. You top it and it’s done in 8 minutes. It isn’t as good as fresh dough but it’s better than frozen pizza. I would call it medium crust, I prefer thin and I don’t find this one bready. It might be marketed as thick crust, but it isn’t thick like Digiorno.

Hope that helps, I take my pizza seriously!

Thank goodness or I wouldn't have such good info, thanks!

4 minutes ago, summerset said:

There are ton of recipes for it, lol.

Since we're talking about weird pizza combos, I could try to make Pasta pizza for variety:

Pasta Pizza

Or if one is really brave:

Pizza with Pasta AND Wuerstchen

I have only ever seen mac and cheese pizza 😳