Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

So this gigantic salad is a whopping 52 calories for the entire thing, LOL. I ate it for both lunch and dinner.

At lunch it was just salad, but for dinner I also had a few pieces of sashimi (+200 cals) and about 2 tbsp of crab fat (+155 cals) and a glass of red wine (+172 cals)

F5B38A63-3822-487B-9606-1DA3875C8DA2.thumb.jpeg.3760e4721f84d715dd8ab297f3241930.jpeg

Yesterday I went out for Korean bbq but sadly forgot to take pics :( I had about 3 ounces of meat and a big pile of kimchi. I didn’t do too well in regards to eating enough because that was all I ate the entire day.

For today my bf and I went to our usual Salvadorean spot. I order the grilled pork chop and steak skewer. Didn’t really make a dent either as you can see. I also had two bites of the pupusa on the right.

D4E3B52A-EDFF-463A-BD3F-A1BC7ED12A40.jpeg

AA68C54E-5F01-46F6-9233-6614A7743FF0.jpeg

@MarvelGirl25 Your meals always look so awesome!

@ms.sss What is crab fat?

Tonight I had 2 of these: 2oz smoked pork loin with Frontera grill carnita marinade, a tablespoon of grilled corn, onions & peppers on a homemade corn tortilla. It took me about an hour to finish. It felt like so much food for about 400 calories.

E6E9FC66-CEFB-4A12-8F52-845332760E09.jpeg

15AF34D1-F11E-4E31-A79E-C056B182A0DE.png

Edited by Cheeseburgh

9 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

@MarvelGirl25 Your meals always look so awesome!

@ms.sss What is crab fat?

Tonight I had 2 of these: 2oz smoked pork loin with Frontera grill carnita marinade, a tablespoon of grilled corn, onions & peppers on a homemade corn tortilla. It took me about an hour to finish. It felt like so much food for about 400 calories.

E6E9FC66-CEFB-4A12-8F52-845332760E09.jpeg

Well that looks delicious, yum!

P.S. Crab fat is is the greenish guts inside a crab’s body cavity (also called Tomalley...you’ll find it in lobsters too). Its a liver-pancreas combo thing. It looks quite disgusting and most people i know wouldn’t touch it with a ten foot pole. But I think it’s delicious, lol. Its also terribly high in cholesterol and not recommended to eat in large portions due the toxins and other filtered stuff in there. But yeah, still delicious 😂

My take on Peking duck, except I couldn’t get my hands on duck so I made Peking roast chicken. This is the bfs plate. Ate just the baby bok choy and chicken.

8EA15CED-A97B-4297-A893-4BB361853440.jpeg

4 hours ago, ms.sss said:

P.S. Crab fat is is the greenish guts inside a crab’s body cavity (also called Tomalley...you’ll find it in lobsters too). Its a liver-pancreas combo thing.

Ok, I’ve seen that on Top Chef and food Shows. I always thought they were saying tamale vs. tomalley. No wonder I found that term a bit confusing! I’m sure it’s wonderful but I get easily squicked out on guts, offal and any meat I’m unfamiliar with. I know it sounds weird but if I think about what I’m eating, I get grossed out. I can eat crab, shrimp etc... but I would pass on the tomalley.
I don’t have the guts to try it! I can’t bring myself to even try lamb.

Steak and shake double cheeseburger, bun Removed (not seen the 12 fries I ate but didn't enjoy 😒)

20200719_220707_HDR.thumb.jpg.7cea660ec5dfb000d589a53c4265306f.jpg

I have given up trying to eat any bread that's not sprouted, like Ezekiel bread, because i can't handle it *womp womp*

Side story: My teens know that I've lost weight (obviously) but not that I had WLS. It was my choice not to tell them. I'm not embarrassed but wanted to focus on promoting self love especially during their teen years. They are also thin/average due mostly to a clean diet (plus their father's genes I suspect), so weight is not an issue or concern for them.

They are constantly trying to understand why I make certain food choices now, like no bun on a burger, no desire for milkshake on special outings or if I'm eating enough when I ask if they want the rest of my food even if its just salad. It's very very odd because I really believe I eat p l e n t y of food but from other's perspectives, It DEFINITELY looks different.

I guess If even my lithe, carefree, music & social media absorbed young adults notice changes and are quietly concerned, I must imagine other people are making many inferences about my weight loss.

Will I tell my teens about my WLS? No or at least no time soon. Will they eventually figure it out in their own? Quite possibly. There's really no way to keep it a secret forever.

(Thanks for attending my TEDx talk 😂)

Edited by GreenTealael

I can understand why you didn’t tell your teens. I did tell my 2 “kids” but they were 19 & 28 which is very different. Body issues at that age make a lasting impression. I told a total of 5 people, my husband, my 2 sons, 1 friend and my sister. I didn’t tell my stepsons or my brother, I don’t see them as often and I’m pretty private.

I made a new easy “pie” last night that was super good. I don’t have any issues with breads or sugar, however I do watch how much I have. I baked wonton wrappers in a muffin tin 350 for about 8-10 minutes without filling. I stacked 2 in each tin for this dessert. I cut up apples and cooked them in Water and lemon juice with about 1 tsp of sugar per apple and added cinnamon. I also sprinkled a little cinnamon and sugar on the wontons before I baked them. Just fill the wontons afterward with whatever you like. sugar free pudding would be good too. My son scarfed a few down and I had one.

Total of 75 calories, it probably was less but I always add calories when I’m eyeballing a recipe. Nice change of pace for when I get a sweet tooth.

411CB252-6A46-40CA-8C79-87671372E77D.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Total of 75 calories, it probably was less but I always add calories when I’m eyeballing a recipe. Nice change of pace for when I get a sweet tooth.

I love wonton bites. So easy and easy on the carbs vs regular tart/pie shells. Yours look nice and even :)

Try brie & cranberry, cream cheese & jalepeño, bacon & fig, blueberries & oat crumble....#yuuuummmm

3 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I made a new easy “pie” last night that was super good. I don’t have any issues with breads or sugar, however I do watch how much I have. I baked wonton wrappers in a muffin tin 350 for about 8-10 minutes without filling. I stacked 2 in each tin for this dessert. I cut up apples and cooked them in Water and lemon juice with about 1 tsp of sugar per apple and added cinnamon. I also sprinkled a little cinnamon and sugar on the wontons before I baked them. Just fill the wontons afterward with whatever you like. sugar free pudding would be good too. My son scarfed a few down and I had one.

Super clever, looks delish!!

5 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Side story: My teens know that I've lost weight (obviously) but not that I had WLS. It was my choice not to tell them. I'm not embarrassed but wanted to focus on promoting self love especially during their teen years. They are also thin/average due mostly to a clean diet (plus their father's genes I suspect), so weight is not an issue or concern for them.

They are constantly trying to understand why I make certain food choices now, like no bun on a burger, no desire for milkshake on special outings or if I'm eating enough when I ask if they want the rest of my food even if its just salad. It's very very odd because I really believe I eat p l e n t y of food but from other's perspectives, It DEFINITELY looks different.

I guess If even my lithe, carefree, music & social media absorbed young adults notice changes and are quietly concerned, I must imagine other people are making many inferences about my weight loss.

Will I tell my teens about my WLS? No or at least no time soon. Will they eventually figure it out in their own? Quite possibly. There's really no way to keep it a secret forever.

(Thanks for attending my TEDx talk 😂)

Do you think they have already figured it out?

(I had what I thought was a pretty convincing cover story, and I had one person ask me straight out recently, and there are several other I'm certain figured it out on their own)

18 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

My take on Peking duck, except I couldn’t get my hands on duck so I made Peking roast chicken. This is the bfs plate. Ate just the baby bok choy and chicken.

8EA15CED-A97B-4297-A893-4BB361853440.jpeg

How did you make the peking chicken?? I so want to try!