Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

1 hour ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Made air fryer fish tacos in honor of taco Tuesday yesterday. Topped them off with cabbage, pico de gallo, avocado, cotija cheese and a spicy jalapeño cilantro cream. I just ate the inside.

6E02E38E-2E4A-497C-BF02-B6992ED21760.jpeg

Another restaurant-worthy looking dish! #yum

I have been missing all your fab creations...keep ‘em coming. ❤️

OK, truth be told, I didnt eat any of this myself, but it smelled sooooooo good that Im gonna post it anyway! (I have a patio date tonight, so Im saving myself for the inevitable alcohol calorie consumption 🤣)

Made a Brie & Roasted Fig Croissant melt with some honey for the fam

532 calories to each of them, LOL.

459B8CF6-752C-4978-A3C1-8011AB88E26C.thumb.jpeg.0e86ee662979367d565669f1b15b4a73.jpeg

6 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Made air fryer fish tacos in honor of taco Tuesday yesterday. Topped them off with cabbage, pico de gallo, avocado, cotija cheese and a spicy jalapeño cilantro cream. I just ate the inside.

6E02E38E-2E4A-497C-BF02-B6992ED21760.jpeg

34B8D5C7-97E0-4CE7-A1CF-9529E9B08895.jpeg

What a pretty, festive and appetizing dish + presentation!

5 hours ago, ms.sss said:

OK, truth be told, I didnt eat any of this myself, but it smelled sooooooo good that Im gonna post it anyway! (I have a patio date tonight, so Im saving myself for the inevitable alcohol calorie consumption 🤣)

Made a Brie & Roasted Fig Croissant melt with some honey for the fam

532 calories to each of them, LOL.

459B8CF6-752C-4978-A3C1-8011AB88E26C.thumb.jpeg.0e86ee662979367d565669f1b15b4a73.jpeg

These are stunning, ms.sss - And, just want to reach in the screen and savor. I have a nice large desk top - sooo ALL these yummy recipes come to me bigger than life. ;]

New recipes from polyester's vegan links... The White Bean Soup was delicious made from cassoulet Beans and chicken broth. Tweaked a bit here, as I'm a flexitarian. The beans were deliciously creamy and tender.

Mr. Sophie (the baker in the family) made these Blueberry chocolate Bars and loves them! They did not agree with me. While layered with wholesome ingredients - A little too rich and sweet for my new sleeve palette. However, I did enjoy some fresh blueberries along with him. Seems simple, basic and unconstructed food is what I tolerate and savor most. Ho hmmm. I fear Ms. Sophie has become a culinary BORE! LOL. But like ms.sss - I really do appreciate and enjoy the sights and smells of a more complex dish. 😜

IMG_5529.jpeg

IMG_5533.jpeg

IMG_5536.jpeg

Edited by Sophie7713

I’m so excited, I finally mastered making corn tortillas! They aren’t low in calories, so my next step is making small ones. They are delicious.

36B7E249-4200-4863-83DD-3E2D9F3A992C.jpeg

11 hours ago, summerset said:

🤤

Recipe?

Corn tortilla dissertation:

The thing is it’s really more about feel vs. a specific recipe. Humidity and other factors really change the amount of Water. It’s simply Masa flour, water and salt. (Some recipes call for no salt, no thanks) I used Gold Mine brand organic white masa. There wasn’t a recipe for tortillas on the bag and googling didn’t help much. Most call for 2 cups masa 1.5 cups warm water. That was WAY too much, so I scaled back to 1 cup and added by tablespoon until I got the the consistency I was looking for. It should feel like Play dough, and shouldn’t stick to the palm of your hand. Also, patience is a key factor. Corn flour absorbs water slower than wheat flour so you have to knead it for awhile and let it rest a bit.
I need to use a tortilla press, I failed miserably without one. Use a cut open ziploc freezer bag inside the press. Cook on hot cast Iron skillet 45-60 seconds per side. My dough got sticky halfway through so I just kneaded in a little more masa and it worked.

Rick Bayless has some great videos on YouTube that helped me a lot. Sorry this is so long, I have too much time on my hands and I’m excited I finally figured this out. It’s been a long journey of failures.

35 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

The thing is it’s really more about feel vs. a specific recipe.

Which most likely means that this woman here is going to fail miserably. 😂

I need to use a tortilla press, I failed miserably without one.

I didn't even know what that is before googling it, lol.

Had Drumstick ice cream cones on the brain, but settled for strawberries and vanilla whipped cream instead: 304 calories

Joke’s on me though, turns out the strawberries and cream were more calories than the Drumstick (which is 300 calories for a whole one). On the bright side for me, though, is that the strawberries were only 5g carbs vs. the 36g of the Drumstick)

Whatever. It was delicious 😋

D8997EFD-9A68-4953-A81D-17D09E27D127.thumb.jpeg.30b05e38e6ab625dc7a64bf57fd01441.jpeg

18 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I’m so excited, I finally mastered making corn tortillas! They aren’t low in calories, so my next step is making small ones. They are delicious.

36B7E249-4200-4863-83DD-3E2D9F3A992C.jpeg

BRAVO! That's one fine looking corn tortilla - Worth the splurge.

lunch today was take-out Thai after the vet appointment with Bobby. Pepper steak - I mean YUM!

IMG_5537.jpeg

IMG_5538.jpeg