Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Your 13yr old daughter made these?

She’s been making these since about age 6 or 7. Simple no-bake recipes like these are perfect for younger kids; they can easily manage them on their own (with an adult nearby when using the mixer), especially if just rolling into balls or bars. I had a food blog for many years, and both my kids were helping out (and I use that term veeeeery loosely 😂 because basically it meant everything took 20 times longer and was 50 times messier) by the time they were 3 with little things like mashing foods, stirring batter, shaking liquids, kneading dough, rinsing fruit and veg, helping with grocery shopping, etc. Both had their first nylon knife and peeler sets by age 5, could read recipes (kids cookbooks) and make them without any help by age 6, and my daughter cooked and served an entire plant-based holiday meal for us by herself last year.

She’s been obsessed with watching Kids Baking Championship and Chopped Jr. for years now. Since kids summer cooking camp was cancelled this year, we got her a monthly subscription service for a kit that includes ingredients, recipes, a video cooking lesson, a new kitchen tool, and fun dinner conversation starters – takes some pressure off of me, plus I don’t have to cook as often, win-win!

4 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Avocado toast topped with a running egg, everything bagel seasoning, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and red pepper chili flakes. Obsessed. I was only able to eat one.

F9F0D16F-DD73-4648-9003-A12F9B56B6F9.jpeg

I have nothing but love for avo toast, especially when it includes everything bagel seasoning. This is soooooooo beautiful and nummy-looking!

On 7/6/2020 at 6:05 PM, ms.sss said:

I ate all my salad (mine was smaller than these) and 1/2 a skewer (plus 1 tbsp of tzatziki): 223 calories

5C4AD69E-7FBF-48E6-B40E-87F3DB3F4B4D.thumb.jpeg.a8d8c48e6ee0e67adb07183c87e638ba.jpeg

Mmmmmmm!! 😍😍😍😍 your salad presentation, ms.sss!

5 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Second pic, are what I am now going to refer to as DEATH TARTS (Portugese custard tarts w/ scoop of vanilla gelato). I ate one tart and all the gelato: 329 calories.

Eating the tart is the likely culprit to my evening of nausea, cold sweats, & lethargy. I spent pretty much the remainder of the day on the couch oscillating between feeling death-y and sleeping. Lesson learned? Probably not. 🙄

91B0CFF4-ED89-4BE1-B550-D4D76B6312AB.thumb.jpeg.ae504ccd1c02c22707e6d822519bffb1.jpeg

Death tarts! 😂😂😂😂 Seriously though, sorry about the dumping 😥. I've dumped too, after eating a bar with too much coconut oil in it. So unpleasant, and for such a long time afterwards. Hopefully we will both learn from these mistakes! 😇

A day at the lake sounds like heaven....

7 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

AMAZING! 😩😩😩

Thank you so much, MarvelGirl! Not to worry though, there's a lot that you don't see: for every dozen or so photos or dishes, there's at least one epic fail that looked like this ("before") in my mind, but ended up like this ("after") in real life! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

© Elías García Martínez/Cecilia Giménez

epic fail cecilia jimenez.jpg

Edited by PollyEster

I've never been a huge Jello fan and hadn't had it since my surgery five years ago (the pre-op diet...), but someone on another forum eats sugar free Jello all the time - with light Cool Whip - as a snack or dessert. Since I seem to be having trouble controlling my snacking lately, I thought I'd give it a try. It's not bad - and it's sweet - and super low in calories. I picked up this coconut whipped topping that I saw the other day at Trader Joe's (I noticed that they also have it at Aldi's) - it's even lower in calories than light Cool Whip (10 calories per 2 tablespoons), and it has a nice, coconut-y taste to it. Voila! Just had this as my morning snack...

jello.jpg

On 7/9/2020 at 10:42 AM, ms.sss said:

Second pic, are what I am now going to refer to as DEATH TARTS (Portugese custard tarts w/ scoop of vanilla gelato). I ate one tart and all the gelato: 329 calories.

Eating the tart is the likely culprit to my evening of nausea, cold sweats, & lethargy. I spent pretty much the remainder of the day on the couch oscillating between feeling death-y and sleeping. Lesson learned? Probably not. 🙄

91B0CFF4-ED89-4BE1-B550-D4D76B6312AB.thumb.jpeg.ae504ccd1c02c22707e6d822519bffb1.jpeg

Uhhhh I feel you !😩 I’ll be visiting my bfs giant Portuguese family tomorrow and I know these will be at the get together. Such a weakness! Thankfully I don’t get sick from eating them but I do feel guilty 😅

8 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Uhhhh I feel you !😩 I’ll be visiting my bfs giant Portuguese family tomorrow and I know these will be at the get together. Such a weakness!

Meh, I usually only get the shakes when I eat too much sugar and alcohol is involved. My liver having to break down glycogen for stabilizing blood sugar while having to activate alcohol dehydrogenase at the same time doesn't seem to like that. And now guess what combo I had today, lol.

I don't seem to learn that lesson, too, but I'm prepared to experience the late dumping and don't do that kind of thing in the evenings but at noon or early afternoon so I get any adverse reactions during the (early) evening and can react accordingly.

I am so enjoying the turn this tread has taken. Your healthy meals have given me ideas! Seeing pictures of meals of 2-3 bites missing is just silly to me, although I know people are happy about their restriction. I love my restriction too, but sharing healthy meal ideas is so helpful to me.

Edited by rene50

3 hours ago, summerset said:

Meh, I usually only get the shakes when I eat too much sugar and alcohol is involved. My liver having to break down glycogen for stabilizing blood sugar while having to activate alcohol dehydrogenase at the same time doesn't seem to like that. And now guess what combo I had today, lol.

I don't seem to learn that lesson, too, but I'm prepared to experience the late dumping and don't do that kind of thing in the evenings but at noon or early afternoon so I get any adverse reactions during the (early) evening and can react accordingly.

Oh no that’s horrible :( but it could be worse? I’ve read that a lot of wls patients feel like they are dying. For me if I do get anything it’s foamies, or I throw up within minutes. But after that, I’m good.

Today’s lunch is oatmeal banana pancakes with low cal maple Syrup, a drizzle of almond butter, walnuts, a broken down cluster of granola, hemp seeds, chia seeds, and raw cacao nibs. I also microwaved some berries and used it as a sauce. First time having pancakes in YEARS.

7A9ACEF9-E1DB-493B-BB2D-C6DB2AC0A9DF.jpeg

2 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Oh no that’s horrible :( but it could be worse? I’ve read that a lot of wls patients feel like they are dying.

Nah, the feeling of really low blood sugar is some trembling hands, being sweaty and being able to kill for some instant sugar. It's gone within a few minutes. It's majorly annoying when it wakes you up.