Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

19 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Man, these pics belong in a magazine!

18 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

So... I'm going to need you to hold a newspaper with today's date in these pics to prove who made this 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Thank you both so much, I really appreciate the compliment! Confession: I do sell photos (just not for a living) and also had a food blog for many years, so have taken a food pic or two before 😉. I haven't updated it for a number of years now, but let's just say that I never used tricks such as hairspray or glue to enhance anything: I cooked the food, styled it naturally, then ate it afterwards... now here I am on a bariatric forum, so we'll leave it at that 😂😂😂😂. I kept a few of the food styling props like dishes and bowls, and have a good camera, lenses, lights, reflectors, etc.

Since I haven't been able to do photography outside of my home during the pandemic, I set a goal of taking a photo a day during this time just to keep up -- and hopefully improve -- my skills. Sometimes it's food, but usually it's not 😊.

16 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

Carnitas for lunch today sprinkled with lime juice.

IMG_4684.jpeg

This looks absolutely wonderful! I can almost taste it 🤤. Slow-cooked beef carnitas was one of my favourite meals when I ate meat. I'm going to make a vegan variation this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration!

18 hours ago, summerset said:

What powders do you use? I use Alphafoods, Nutri+ and ProFuel - Vega is very hard to get your hands on in Europe as it seems.

I checked out the Alphafoods website and see that there's a spekulatius/lebkuchen flavour, omg 😋🤤 Hadn't thought of those spices as a Protein powder flavouring before, but it's all I'm thinking about now! 😂

My favourites are pea protein isolate and brown rice from Canadian Pea Protein, the fermented vegan+ blend from Genuine Health, hemp protein from Prairie Naturals, and Amazing Grass products. I bought the unflavoured unsweetened protein powders so I could flavour and sweeten them to my liking, and also use them in baking, Soups, etc.

Maybe you could order Vega from their UK site? Very limited selection, though.

10 minutes ago, PollyEster said:

I checked out the Alphafoods website and see that there's a spekulatius/lebkuchen flavour, omg 😋🤤 Hadn't thought of those spices as a Protein Powder flavouring before, but it's all I'm thinking about now! 😂

Oh, don't be fooled! 🤣

It doesn't taste anything like Lebkuchen/Spekulatius at all. It's too heavy on the aniseed for that - some people reviewing it compare it more to "Pfeffernüsse" and I agree. I personally think it's absolutely undrinkable on it's own but it adds a really nice flavor to a chocolate Protein Shake when used sparingly. I'm thinking of trying the pumpkin Spice one next time.

Maybe you could order Vega from their UK site? Very limited selection, though.

I already had this idea a while ago. Unfortunately only the same limited selection of products one can get in Germany. Oh, well...

21 minutes ago, summerset said:

some people reviewing it compare it more to "Pfeffernüsse" and I agree

Mmmmmm, pfeffernüsse 😋😋🤤🤤 Dinge, die ich an Deutschland vermisse... (Things I miss about Germany...).

Edited by PollyEster

13 hours ago, JordanKylie said:

...bacon butter tart?! Need some deets.

LOL, it was a bakery-bought item...i’ve never attempted to make butter tarts, but if ever do, they will be bacon ones for sure!

They were delicious: sweet and salty and creamy and crunchy and flaky all at the same time. It did also have a relatively large piece of candied bacon as a garnish, which I let the kid have cuz she was faster than me, lol.

Surprisingly, I didn’t dump! #yayMe

3 hours ago, PollyEster said:

Thank you both so much, I really appreciate the compliment! Confession: I do sell photos (just not for a living) and also had a food blog for many years, so have taken a food pic or two before 😉. I haven't updated it for a number of years now, but let's just say that I never used tricks such as hairspray or glue to enhance anything: I cooked the food, styled it naturally, then ate it afterwards... now here I am on a bariatric forum, so we'll leave it at that 😂😂😂😂. I kept a few of the food styling props like dishes and bowls, and have a good camera, lenses, lights, reflectors, etc.

Since I haven't been able to do photography outside of my home during the pandemic, I set a goal of taking a photo a day during this time just to keep up -- and hopefully improve -- my skills. Sometimes it's food, but usually it's not 😊.

Definitely continue to share! We do appreciate and value your craft + art immensely. Your food content and styling is exquisite, PE. Continuing to style + photographing is a worthy and great goal in this pandemic. As is your commitment to eat clean, healthy and lean. I'm a creative professional, too. An interior designer trying to remain relevant, positive and creative by doing the same around the house + garden. Illustrating, baking/cooking (hubbies strawberry rhubarb 4th of July pie a few years back - we don't eat this way now...) and staging simple vignettes. I get it! LOL. All the personal and career cancellations and postponements are daunting and a lot to process. Just on a perpetual "ON HOLD" button. LOL. No longer able to plan ahead with confidence. Along with striving to maintain and commit to our new WLS lifestyles. And, many of us were so excited to come out of the closet with fun, new, down sized fabulous fashions after recently arriving at our goals. PollyEster, your posts are timely and inspiring! I feel honored. Thank you.

18- Southern cow girl.jpg

one pie.jpg

038_Breakfast.jpg

Stuffed portabella mushroom. I cut it in half and ate the whole thing !! YUMMY

20200704_123912.jpg

9 hours ago, summerset said:

Oh, don't be fooled! 🤣

It doesn't taste anything like Lebkuchen/Spekulatius at all. It's too heavy on the aniseed for that - some people reviewing it compare it more to "Pfeffernüsse" and I agree. I personally think it's absolutely undrinkable on it's own but it adds a really nice flavor to a chocolate Protein Shake when used sparingly. I'm thinking of trying the pumpkin Spice one next time.

I already had this idea a while ago. Unfortunately only the same limited selection of products one can get in Germany. Oh, well...

Ugh I totally promised to bring you Vega products when i visited Germany last year.

We did not take the trip and now that international borders are all but closed , i wish we did 😭

Edited by GreenTealael

my first time posting on this particular thread - it came highly recommended!

this is my breakfast - a grilled peach topped with vanilla Greek yogurt and sprinkled with cinnamon (a food photographer I am not, obviously!). I love this dish in the summer during peach season, but I usually have it for dessert or a snack. But I woke up this morning wanting it for breakfast. So...here it is!

20200705_095348 (1).jpg

10 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

this is my Breakfast - a grilled peach topped with vanilla Greek yogurt and sprinkled with cinnamon (a food photographer I am not, obviously!). I love this dish in the summer during peach season, but I usually have it for dessert or a snack. But I woke up this morning wanting it for breakfast. So...here it is!

20200705_095348 (1).jpg

I am eating same thing except having strawberries instead of the peach, its yummy !

1 hour ago, Tracyringo said:

I am eating same thing except having strawberries instead of the peach, its yummy !

I eat Greek yogurt with strawberries a lot this time of year, too! In fact, that's probably my most frequent breakfast this time of year...

8 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

this is my Breakfast - a grilled peach topped with vanilla Greek yogurt and sprinkled with cinnamon (a food photographer I am not, obviously!). I love this dish in the summer during peach season, but I usually have it for dessert or a snack. But I woke up this morning wanting it for breakfast. So...here it is!

20200705_095348 (1).jpg

Welcome Cat7! Peaches rule, right!? And, they have been sooooo good this year shipped from California and Georgia. Very nice presentation, by the way. Looks delish! ;]