Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

23 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Ok, I will confess that I often do not get excited when I see vegan meals. Sorry vegans everywhere! I'm sure my pics of meat and stuff would make you similarly un-excited, sorry for that too!!

...but I think if there is anyone who could activate my salivating glands over a vegan dish it would be YOU.

Bring it ON! 😂 YES, CHEF!

To be honest I’ve always felt the same way about vegan meals lol But I’m determined to change that!

So.... CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!! 💪🏼👩🏻‍🍳🔥🔪

Oopsies, it's 3pm and I just realized I haven't eaten yet.

Whipped up this NON-dessert-based (lol) salad: Spring Mix w/ vinaigrette, cucumbers, carrots, red bell peppers, 1/4 cup cole slaw, 1/2 fl oz pumpkin seeds & 100g of leftovers of almond flour-and-pork-rind crusted basa fillet (and some fresh cilantro for garnish)

350 calories.

1606523678_IMG_82582.thumb.jpg.2b8c267d3310d7eca1128f50287bb086.jpg

Edited by ms.sss

Roasted cauliflower tart with walnut crust and creamy lemon filling (recipe here; I omit the olive oil), and salad fixin's from the garden. At 8 months out almost to the day, I can suddenly consume startlingly more food: a small slice of tartplus a good-sized green saladin one sitting (though it takes a minimum of 90 to 100ish mins to eat).

PS ms.sss: Word. 😂 ("Ok, I will confess that I often do not get excited when I see vegan meals. Sorry vegans everywhere! I'm sure my pics of meat and stuff would make you similarly unexcited, sorry for that too!!")

1187001108_Roastedcauliflowertartwithoat-walnutcrustandlemonherbfilling.jpg.0be9e32ed21074a0c5505c3c6e3abd55.jpg

1947709145_saladfixinsfrommygarden.jpg.f7a5a57afa49b26ee3def7c7c90ee040.jpg

39 minutes ago, PollyEster said:

Roasted cauliflower tart with walnut crust and creamy lemon filling (recipe here; I omit the olive oil), and salad fixin's from the garden. At 8 months out almost to the day, I can suddenly consume startlingly more food: a small slice of tartplus a good-sized green saladin one sitting (though it takes a minimum of 90 to 100ish mins to eat).

PS ms.sss: Word. 😂 ("Ok, I will confess that I often do not get excited when I see vegan meals. Sorry vegans everywhere! I'm sure my pics of meat and stuff would make you similarly unexcited, sorry for that too!!")

1187001108_Roastedcauliflowertartwithoat-walnutcrustandlemonherbfilling.jpg.0be9e32ed21074a0c5505c3c6e3abd55.jpg 1947709145_saladfixinsfrommygarden.jpg.f7a5a57afa49b26ee3def7c7c90ee040.jpg

Well, well, well, someone is a talented food photographer!

...AND that same someone has activated my salivating glands with something vegan! Am going to try out a modified version that tart recipe now! (will likely add butter and eggs).

P.S. you guys are all making my list of foods to try/make super long!

dinner tonite: Instant Pot Butter Chicken w/ potatoes + Indian Cucumber salad w/ peanuts

The fam's serving on a dinner plate (??? cals) vs. mine on a saucer (194 cals):

Aside: the oddly fluorescent-look of the cucumbers I think was due to the turmeric...lol

IMG_8263.thumb.jpg.068f9e1718e37e07ec5c300973e10ec0.jpg

IMG_8267.thumb.jpg.e041255f69953814f4ef22d98cff74a6.jpg

20 hours ago, PollyEster said:

1187001108_Roastedcauliflowertartwithoat-walnutcrustandlemonherbfilling.jpg.0be9e32ed21074a0c5505c3c6e3abd55.jpg

1947709145_saladfixinsfrommygarden.jpg.f7a5a57afa49b26ee3def7c7c90ee040.jpg

I'm going to try my hand at this tart !

I was supposed to go on strike and stop cooking but these dishes are drool worthy and no one is going to cook for me...

Can I please have the Peruvian dish recipe @MarvelGirl25 and the butter chicken recipe @ms.sss ?

Edited by GreenTealael

chicken fajita ? Taco? Open faced burrito? IDK what to call it but it was quick and easy.

I stir fried canned chicken (didn't really want to cook from scratch today) and added it to carb counter tortilla with cheese and asian salad greens.

Unfortunately I had to remove the greens. They were being stored with fresh sage and absorbed the aroma too well 😂

20200617_170246_HDR.jpg

20200617_170308_HDR.jpg

Tried a new NYT recipe. Chinese chili made with sesame oil, ground beef + pork, fresh ginger, garlic, Chinese 5 spice, soy sauce for dinner.

IMG_4465.jpeg

IMG_3542.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Sophie7713 said:

Tried a new NYT recipe. Chinese chili made with sesame oil, ground beef + pork, fresh ginger, garlic, Chinese 5 spice, soy sauce for dinner.

IMG_4465.jpeg

So what was the verdict? Btw, was this in Instant Pot recipe?

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I was supposed to go on strike and stop cooking but these dishes are drool worthy and no one is going to cook for me...

Can I please have the Peruvian dish recipe @MarvelGirl25 and the butter chicken recipe @ms.sss ?

Apologies for aiding in the picket line crossing but here it is:

Butter Chicken: https://twosleevers.com/instant-pot-butter-chicken/ (I did the butter/cream version and used skin-on chicken drumsticks cuz it was all I had...not enough meat in my opinion..thighs would have been better, breasts if you want leaner, but I think breasts would not get soft enough. And I added extra cayenne pepper cuz we like heat) Also, I would go with a touch LESS cinnamon if/when you make this. Further, I boiled some potatoes separately and added it to the curry after the pressure cooking and let it sit for about 30 mins so it could soak up some goodness.

Garam Masala: https://twosleevers.com/home-made-garam-masala-recipe/ (can always use store bought, but anytime i have an excuse to use the mortar and pestle, i take, so I made my own, lol)

Indian Cucumber Salad: https://twosleevers.com/indian-cucumber-peanut-salad/#indian-cucumber-peanut-salad-kakadi-chi-koshimbir (I just used regular peanuts that I roasted for a bit, and I used regular yellow mustard seeds. Also used my teeny-tiny cast Iron to prepare the oil. Careful: it really does splatter...almost dropped the pan when that first pop startled me)

8 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Yes! Which one though? The linguine one or the green rice ?

On 6/16/2020 at 7:58 PM, ms.sss said:

IMG_8267.thumb.jpg.e041255f69953814f4ef22d98cff74a6.jpg

6 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

20200617_170246_HDR.jpg

5 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

IMG_3542.jpeg

10 hours ago, summerset said:

Salad.jpg

Omg all this looks so gooooooooddd! And that cauliflower tart too! 😩😩😩😩