Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

12 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Way too much liquid to make a sauce as the meat is almost covered with the liquid in the pot. We cook onion & carrot in a small amount of Water & then use some of the Water with milk to make a white sauce. We put the onion & carrot back in the sauce & serve it over the hot meat, with pickles on the side. We usually let the leftovers sit in the liquid in the fridge until the next day for extra flavour to be absorbed. It’s still a soft, easy to pull apart meat. It can become very crumbly if overcooked though. It’s a family favourite.

Hmmmm...I've still got 3/4 of the brisket slab in the freezer...going to try this next time we get a meat-slab hankering...

Grilled vegetables in Harissa with Halloumi cheese. None left for the after shot!

image-1.613020896911621.jpg

15 hours ago, ms.sss said:

I would, but....you turned my spare room into an office!!!! Lolololzzzz

OMG, that's right! Will just kick hubby out and send him back to his real office... LOL!

11 hours ago, froufrou said:

Grilled vegetables in Harissa with Halloumi cheese. None left for the after shot!

image-1.613020896911621.jpg

Looks delish!!! My plate would be cleaned as well...

Continued the holiday weekend spirit with last night's dinner of BQ chicken thighs (thanks to ms.sss BQ recipe to die for!) and blue cheese wedge salad. Such a satisfying meal... given it would have been fried chicken and cherry pie in 2018. Cherries are back in season! Yay! ;]

IMG_4198.jpeg

IMG_4202.jpeg

IMG_4203.jpeg

IMG_4204.jpeg

Didn't get a chance to pick up any blue cheese today, so any copy-catting of @Sophie7713 's wedge salad will have to wait 😞

Made a couple quiches instead. I didn't have any of it (having a don't-feel-like-eating day today), but the fam tells me they were yum. If there are any leftovers after the fam's midnight Snacks tonight, I may try some tomorrow....

Quiche #1: Broccoli-Turkey-Green Onion (background)

Quiche #2: Bacon-Mushroom (foreground)

P.S. Surprisingly, they preferred the Broccoli-Turkey over the Bacon one...and this coming from certified bacon-lovers, LOL.

IMG_8004.thumb.jpeg.9cd33c749a9da8f197365cafce677345.jpeg

Edited by ms.sss

27 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Didn't get a chance to pick up any blue cheese today, so any copy-catting of @Sophie7713 's wedge salad will have to wait 😞

Made a couple quiches instead. I didn't have any of it (having a don't-feel-like-eating day today), but the fam tells me they were yum. If there are any leftovers after the fam's midnight Snacks tonight, I may try some tomorrow....

Quiche #1: Broccoli-Turkey-Green Onion (background)

Quiche #2: Bacon-Mushroom (foreground)

P.S. Surprisingly, they preferred the Broccoli-Turkey over the Bacon one...and this coming from certified bacon-lovers, LOL.

IMG_8004.thumb.jpeg.9cd33c749a9da8f197365cafce677345.jpeg

Okay, NOW! hubby really needs to report back to his regular office! Although, I'm doubting your fam would ever let you venture out of their kitchen to ours! Haha. What a treasure they have in you... Your dishes exude such LOVE.

Another such person who bakes with delight, skill and love is hubs. This was his May 2017 homemade basket weave crust strawberry rhubarb pie.

IMG_0872.jpeg

3 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Egg white ++ wraps

20200525_100720_HDR.thumb.jpg.1c166fe5e6cdd054f4e1022aa775e5c1.jpg

Pastrami +spinach+ sweet potato

Oh my...this one is making my mouth water...hmmmm...sweet potato...

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

Oh my...this one is making my mouth water...hmmmm...sweet potato...

It was very tasty

8 hours ago, summerset said:

Vacation food. Took me an hour to eat or so.

IMG_2413.jpg

Hope you are having a wonderful time!