Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

On 5/21/2020 at 8:24 PM, ms.sss said:

Its BBQ season!

BBQ beef brisket (in the slow cooker for TEN HOURS, then finished off on the grill, which, btw, was inspired by that glorious slab of meat posted by @MarvelGirl25 a couple posts up...) + grilled garlic butter corn (a little burnt, oopsies) + a tub of cole slaw i got on sale at the grocery today (too lazy to make one from scratch)

...also toasted Buns for the fam (but sans bread for me) with some Gorgonzola for that touch of funk, lol. Anyone else a big fan of stinky cheeses??? I say the stinkier the better.

1549721443_IMG_79532.thumb.jpg.a5cdea019c7b998f858512adbea4c275.jpg IMG_7954.thumb.jpg.004f7a452477407f0d55d4ee4e083436.jpg 90185893_IMG_79562.thumb.jpg.78cc987992345d7810221593ecd6e096.jpg

Omg this looks so freakin gooooooodddddd! Amazing job! I’ve been wanting to do some kind of shredded beef but I’ve been unsure about the flavor. Completely forgot about BBQ! Oh and I’m also drooling over the corn on the cob 🤤 it’s perfectly charred

6 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Rigatoni with Sausage, Ricotta, Eggplant & Grape Tomatoes

Man, you still eat soooooo little!

23 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Crispy Ginger Pork over steamed rice (no rice for me though) with a side of ginger-lime-mint cucumber & scallion salad.

P.S. I don’t know why I don’t use mint more often...makes salads taste so much “fresher”...

IMG_7962.thumb.jpg.4accf7fe80fe2dbf66a9a731268c2658.jpg

WOW! LIKE YUM! I love pork any shape or form. The cucumber salad looks divine. Would you come down and create your magnificent cuisine for us after lock down?! Chef sss - perhaps, a new calling?

Reinventing, but engaging all the Memorial holiday picnic faves + comforts. Tonight was homemade baked Beans with the instant pot. A few frank bites added after. Does not look as good as it tasted! Years past, the meal would have been two butter toasted Buns with hotdogs, potato chips, Pepsi, baked beans + macaroni salad. And, cherry pie and ice cream. Oh boy. Less is definitely more concentrating on just a few simple flavors at a time. Has anyone else found that to be true?

IMG_4193.jpeg

IMG_4195.jpeg

I must be the only one who does not want to cook anymore , I'm seriously over it

Prepare for more cold meals 😂

Salmon Paté + Salad... before and after and after

20200523_185821_HDR.jpg

20200523_191902_HDR.jpg

20200523_191855_HDR~2.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

10 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Do you use the simmer stock for a sauce/gravy afterwards?

Way too much liquid to make a sauce as the meat is almost covered with the liquid in the pot. We cook onion & carrot in a small amount of Water & then use some of the water with milk to make a white sauce. We put the onion & carrot back in the sauce & serve it over the hot meat, with pickles on the side. We usually let the leftovers sit in the liquid in the fridge until the next day for extra flavour to be absorbed. It’s still a soft, easy to pull apart meat. It can become very crumbly if overcooked though. It’s a family favourite.

10 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Do you use the simmer stock for a sauce/gravy afterwards?

Way too much liquid to make a sauce as the meat is almost covered with the liquid in the pot. We cook onion & carrot in a small amount of Water & then use some of the water with milk to make a white sauce. We put the onion & carrot back in the sauce & serve it over the hot meat, with pickles on the side. We usually let the leftovers sit in the liquid in the fridge until the next day for extra flavour to be absorbed. It’s still a soft, easy to pull apart meat. It can become very crumbly if overcooked though. It’s a family favourite.

7 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I must be the only one who does not want to cook anymore , I'm seriously over it

I hate cooking. Always did. That's why I call microwaved rice with furikake a meal.

oatmeal with apple, raisins, the usual truckload of cinnamon, chia and white almond butter. Made it with Water instead of soy milk (didn't want to open a 1 l container to throw most of it away before going on vacation this night). Taste is more or less the same (it tastes not the same every time anyway), but consistency is a bit different. It's better with soy milk. More creamy.

IMG_6836.jpg

3 hours ago, summerset said:

oatmeal with apple, raisins, the usual truckload of cinnamon, chia and white almond butter. Made it with Water instead of soy milk (didn't want to open a 1 l container to throw most of it away before going on vacation this night). Taste is more or less the same (it tastes not the same every time anyway), but consistency is a bit different. It's better with soy milk. More creamy.

IMG_6836.jpg

Have fun on vacation!

15 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

WOW! LIKE YUM! I love pork any shape or form. The cucumber salad looks divine. Would you come down and create your magnificent cuisine for us after lock down?! Chef sss - perhaps, a new calling?

I would, but....you turned my spare room into an office!!!! Lolololzzzz

15 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

Less is definitely more concentrating on just a few simple flavors at a time. Has anyone else found that to be true?

Actually yes! A lot of times I get the Kid to taste stuff first and let me know if its worth me eating, or to save my stomach real estate for something more worth it...