Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

13 hours ago, MusicalKate13 said:

And I will have to just love your salads visually since they make me sick

I'm so very sorry. I don't know what I would do if salads made me sick!!! (Probably die of starvation, or gain all my weight back...)

Can you eat cooked veggies?

I ran across a recipe for Dalgona coffee and it looked so good so I made it.

It’s really easy. 2 TBS instant coffee or espresso (I used decaf) 2 TBS Splenda (or sugar) and 2 TBS boiling Water. Blend at a high speed with a hand mixer until it is mousse like, takes about 5 minutes. Scoop over milk of choice and stir as you go. I used almond milk.

It’s really good!

F43E0690-C99D-49A3-8A10-1772B380F40E.jpeg

1CEE264B-FC62-4FEB-ADFB-791EBB6FFDEB.jpeg

A3136AA3-1407-4AA6-9185-E4D07107CF14.jpeg

I'm so very sorry. I don't know what I would do if salads made me sick!!! (Probably die of starvation, or gain all my weight back...)
Can you eat cooked veggies?
Yes, thankfully. I'm so sad because big beautiful salads have always been my go-to meal and favourite. That's what I craved the most after surgery. But about 5 min. Into eating one-saliva, stomach cramps, bam. Throw up. So so sad. I'm ok with lettuce wraps, weirdly. And like baby iceberg salads, but those have no flavour or nutritional value

Sent from my SM-J727R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I ran across a recipe for Dalgona coffee and it looked so good so I made it.

It’s really easy. 2 TBS instant coffee or espresso (I used decaf) 2 TBS Splenda (or sugar) and 2 TBS boiling Water. Blend at a high speed with a hand mixer until it is mousse like, takes about 5 minutes. Scoop over milk of choice and stir as you go. I used almond milk.

It’s really good!

OMG thanks for the share! I totally made one for myself tonite. And yes, it really is yummy.

I made a few tweaks with mine though cuz #1, I didn't want it to be sweet & #2 I wanted to spike it (LOL):

• 2 tbs Decaf instant coffee
  • 1 tbs stevia
  • 1 tbs boiling Water
  • 2 tbs warmed-up Kahlua

Items of note:

* I only had to mix up mine for about 1 min to fluff up
* Used up half of the resulting fluff with 1 cup cashew milk. I felt it was too creamy so will use maybe a quarter per 1 cup cashew milk in the future.
* I still found it a little too sweet, will try 1/2 tbs stevia next time, or maybe even skip the sweetener altogether, since I used cashew milk (sweet) and Kahlua (also sweet).

IMG_7797.thumb.jpg.9488f16bac23919910991051b29a9836.jpg

I guess it doesn’t work without sweetener, it’s what fluffs it up. I’d just add more instant coffee. You must have a better hand mixer than me, mine took 3 minutes, or I think my bowl was too big?

I used unsweetened almond milk so I liked how sweet mine was. Kahlua is a stroke of genius, every once and awhile I miss booze lol

Edited by Cheeseburgh

On 4/27/2020 at 1:24 PM, ms.sss said:

Its, been a while, but glad to see one of my fave threads still going strong with so much deliciousness. I LOVE looking at pictures of food. Is that weird? LOL. You guys have stepped up your plating game! I've basically stuck to eating my go to meal 95% of the time: salads with stuff on top, here's some. I know, I know, kinda boring...but DELICIOUS. I heart salad 4-ever.

C695EAB2-332E-40E5-860B-3E7B7E3B9C3A.thumb.JPG.2d442eadf4ff22932eb23e7e76a7206c.JPG

Absolutely not monotonous! Just healthy, delicious, filling, substantial, beautiful, colourful gorgeousness. I've been eating like this everyday for years, and it never gets old. Just wanting to pass along a few favourite cookbook recommendations, in case you ever need inspiration or do get bored, though.

• Show Up for Salad: 100 More recipes for Salads, dressings, and All the Fixin's You Don't Have to Be Vegan to Love by Terry Hope Romero
  • salad Samurai: 100 Cutting-Edge, Ultra-Hearty, Easy-to-Make Salads You Don't Have to Be Vegan to Love by Terry Hope Romero
  • The Modern Salad by Elizabeth Howes
  • Food52 Mighty Salads: 60 New Ways to Turn Salad into dinner by Food52
  • Williams-Sonoma Salad of the Day by Gorgeanne Brennan
  • Saladish: A Crunchier, Grainier, Herbier, Heartier, Tastier Way with Vegetables by Ilene Rosen
  • Ruffage: A Practical Guide to Vegetables by Abra Berens
  • Salad for Dinner: Complete Meals for All Seasons by Jeanne Kelley
  • Mandy's Gourmet Salads: Recipes for Lettuce and Life by Mandy Wolfe

57 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I guess it doesn’t work without sweetener, it’s what fluffs it up. I’d just add more instant coffee. You must have a better hand mixer than me, mine took 3 minutes, or I think my bowl was too big?

I used unsweetened almond milk so I liked how sweet mine was. Kahlua is a stroke of genius, every once and awhile I miss booze lol

In my experience it depends on the kitchen tool and vessel used, not the sweetener, Water, coffee, or proportions (to a certain extent as long as no more than a few tbsp water is used in total). I always got a super fluffy, aerated, dense-but-light foam using a high-powered blender (Vitamix) or high-powered stick blender (Kitchen Aid) in a tall narrow container. For sweetener, stevia, Truvia, honey, sucanat, and unsweetened Torani syrups all worked perfectly well, as would any other sweetener. I had equal success using just water and instant coffee, as well as with water at any temperature (or just Torani Syrup instead of water). I made my own nut mylks, and if anyone's into doing that I recommend hazelnut mylk especially since it's so absolutely rich, creamy, and decadent. Once I'm in maintenance, I know I'll be enjoying this drink again...

Edited by PollyEster

9 hours ago, PollyEster said:

In my experience it depends on the kitchen tool and vessel used, not the sweetener, Water, coffee, or proportions (to a certain extent as long as no more than a few tbsp Water is used in total). I always got a super fluffy, aerated, dense-but-light foam using a high-powered blender (Vitamix) or high-powered stick blender (Kitchen Aid) in a tall narrow container. For sweetener, stevia, Truvia, honey, sucanat, and unsweetened Torani syrups all worked perfectly well, as would any other sweetener. I had equal success using just water and instant coffee, as well as with water at any temperature (or just Torani Syrup instead of water). I made my own nut mylks, and if anyone's into doing that I recommend hazelnut mylk especially since it's so absolutely rich, creamy, and decadent. Once I'm in maintenance, I know I'll be enjoying this drink again...

Good to know, Torani Syrup as sugar sounds great! Thanks

dinner tonight! Shrimp with honey, lime, soy sauce + red chili flakes in wok. Ready in a flash. IMG_3461.thumb.jpeg.cbe59912b8e9896f68fb4ff6fa783682.jpegI just love Bird's Eye baby garden peas - This my last frozen pea package... They don't appear to be restocking them. :[

IMG_3468.jpeg

On 4/30/2020 at 3:02 AM, GreenTealael said:

Vegetarian Corn Chowder

IMG_20200428_210622.jpg

20200430_025110_HDR.jpg

LOOKS SOOOO TASTY! When is dinner tonight? Grocery shopped yesterday and purchased corn-on-the-cob + sweet potatoes. Hoping to make chowder this weekend. ;]

36 minutes ago, Sophie7713 said:

LOOKS SOOOO TASTY! When is dinner tonight? Grocery shopped yesterday and purchased corn-on-the-cob + sweet potatoes. Hoping to make chowder this weekend. ;]

This was for the BF who does not like sweet potatoes (childish taste buds 😂) so I didn't bother to add any.

Homemade Brocolli Soup
no after pic I can literally eat 20 bowls!20200501_152520.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Spicy Ground Pork and Ramen Noodles, Chili Crisp Green Beans, Sesame Slaw

No afters

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg