Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

10 hours ago, MusicalKate13 said:

You went to the Cheesecake Factory and didn't get cheesecake!?!?!?!?! Who ARE you?!

Sent from my SM-J727R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

LOL 😂 I said the same thing to my bf while we were eating. Ironically I was scrolling through Facebook and saw this... I’ll be more willing to try this!

DD554C82-65A2-4AE8-AFA6-3A35FA4DE028.jpeg

5 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

LOL 😂 I said the same thing to my bf while we were eating. Ironically I was scrolling through Facebook and saw this... I’ll be more willing to try this!

DD554C82-65A2-4AE8-AFA6-3A35FA4DE028.jpeg

...ahhhh....ice cream (and cookies) is my Kryptonite.

Okay, so your picture reminded me that I invited BFF and her kids to come over tonite to help polish of some ice cream I've been impulse buying the past several weeks. Just went to the freezer to see if we have enough for everyone.

Um, I guess the answer is a resounding YES.

(man, I did not know we had accumulated this much...i totally forgot about the Haagen Dazs, it was in the back)

IMG_7127.thumb.jpg.8d56f16dbf3130dbc0d80fff066f4659.jpg

18 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Okay, so your picture reminded me that I invited BFF and her kids to come over tonite to help polish of some ice cream I've been impulse buying the past several weeks. Just went to the freezer to see if we have enough for everyone.

Um, I guess the answer is a resounding YES.

(man, I did not know we had accumulated this much...i totally forgot about the Haagen Dazs, it was in the back)

IMG_7127.thumb.jpg.8d56f16dbf3130dbc0d80fff066f4659.jpg

Wow that is a lot! Good for you for trying to get rid of it!

I got my eyes on that Haagen Dazs 😋

Breakfast Date ❤️ eggs grits turkey sausage biscuits and hash browns

(Didn't feel like eating so additional carby vegetarian options went to BF, I just had tea then the grits with an apple slice, savings the rest for lunch)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Breakfast Date ❤️ eggs grits turkey sausage biscuits and hash browns

(Didn't feel like eating so additional carby vegetarian options went to BF, I just had tea then the grits with an apple slice, savings the rest for lunch)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Cracker Barrel?? 😍

Why did I accept the piece of cake when I know I’m going to be eating more cake this Saturday for my bfs bday 😩

I think I’m going to go on a liquid diet and have 3 fairlife Protein Shakes a day and if I’m hungry a small salad. I’m on week two of stalling and I don’t want to make it a month of no weight loss. Has anyone done a liquid fast post op? Sorry if I’m posting in the wrong place!

5FCF9DFB-8A87-4312-893C-9C442ADA69D3.jpeg

26AA6BBF-35BD-45ED-9FC7-874DC7DEC700.jpeg

On 02/20/2020 at 14:30, MarvelGirl25 said:

Why did I accept the piece of cake when I know I’m going to be eating more cake this Saturday for my bfs bday 😩

I think I’m going to go on a liquid diet and have 3 fairlife Protein Shakes a day and if I’m hungry a small salad. I’m on week two of stalling and I don’t want to make it a month of no weight loss. Has anyone done a liquid fast post op? Sorry if I’m posting in the wrong place!

5FCF9DFB-8A87-4312-893C-9C442ADA69D3.jpeg

26AA6BBF-35BD-45ED-9FC7-874DC7DEC700.jpeg

Honestly I’m not sure if this is the best strategy or not.
Going all liquid diet might lead to feeling deprived and making poorer food choices later.
Instead, forgive yourself that piece of cake and make a food plan for the next 2 days and stick to it like glue!

Also, have an honest convo with yourself on why you’ve pre-determined that you’re going to have cake.
Why is it already decided???

43 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

Honestly I’m not sure if this is the best strategy or not.
Going all liquid diet might lead to feeling deprived and making poorer food choices later.
Instead, forgive yourself that piece of cake and make a food plan for the next 2 days and stick to it like glue!

Also, have an honest convo with yourself on why you’ve pre-determined that you’re going to have cake.
Why is it already decided???

You might be right but I just can’t seem to find a balance. The last few weeks I was barely eating a thing and then last weekend I go out to eat and my hunger came back full force.

i wasn’t dying for cake but it was there and I was still hungry after my meal so I said what the heck.

I’m going to try packing more Protein and lay off the potatoes for a while. I’ve been eating them all week and I don’t think it’s doing me any good. Potatoes.... and rice have always been my weaknesses :(

I wish I didn’t get so tired of eating the same thing. Back to the drawing board for meal prep!

22 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

You might be right but I just can’t seem to find a balance. The last few weeks I was barely eating a thing and then last weekend I go out to eat and my hunger came back full force.

i wasn’t dying for cake but it was there and I was still hungry after my meal so I said what the heck.

I’m going to try packing more Protein and lay off the potatoes for a while. I’ve been eating them all week and I don’t think it’s doing me any good. Potatoes.... and rice have always been my weaknesses :(

I wish I didn’t get so tired of eating the same thing. Back to the drawing board for meal prep!

A lot of people have trouble finding a balance that works for them. Especially when they are tempted constantly, so you're not alone and at least you're aware ❤

I personally had to learn (mostly during losing phase) :

Not every celebration meant eating

I didn't have to eat celebratory foods because it was a celebration

Protect my journey from negative influences

Eat what I wanted/needed (on plan) vs what's expected

I could handle a single indulgence not a days worth

People in my life can conform to my food standards too vs always conforming to theirs

A stall is a setback but not a failure

There's no going backwards

You got this ❤

On 02/20/2020 at 16:15, MarvelGirl25 said:

I think it’s wonderful that you’re identifying foods that are triggers and then making a plan to conquer those cravings.
All of us are in this together and it’s HARD sometimes.
We will have each other’s backs and bounce ideas off and learn from ourselves and from each other.

For me, meal planning is essential.
Without it I find myself wondering around lost and grazing in my own kitchen

When I find myself doing that, I can usually recognize the behavior and get out of my own way, but without the planning I’d be lost most days.

You got this!!!!!!

A lot of people have trouble finding a balance that works for them. Especially when they are tempted constantly, so you're not alone and at least you're aware
People in my life can conform to my food standards too vs always conforming to theirs
You got this
Needed to read this!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

A lot of people have trouble finding a balance that works for them. Especially when they are tempted constantly, so you're not alone and at least you're aware [emoji173]
You got this [emoji173]
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]
Especially the conforming to others! This was a hard one to learn after a lot of years forcing myself to just go along with everything.

Sent from my SM-J727R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

14 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

A lot of people have trouble finding a balance that works for them. Especially when they are tempted constantly, so you're not alone and at least you're aware ❤

You got this ❤

I adore this entire post!!! Absolutely golden advice!!!! It should be a sticky.

@GreenTealael can I copy this part into the Doing The Headwork Thread?