Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

6 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

TY! Can't wait to make this! I have a chuck arm in DS9 right now. :) I think it will be Sunday dinner!! It looks amazeballs. And will definitely do roasted smashed cauli with as another meal! I will toast and grind my cumin as well!

We did the maiden voyage of the IP this week. I just made one of my staples: French chicken that I used to make in either LeCreuset in the oven or in the slow cooker. You can omit the tarragon in the recipe and it forms a base you can spice however you want. Am using some with enchilada sauce tonight for Tuesday Tacos with the Fluffys. LOL. (The recipe will be up soon...still building the website.)

french-chicken-in-broth-instant-pot-bac_5695-vert.thumb.jpg.21d310c758a7094fa9dbe942edd4cffd.jpg

Looks delish! You even have your carrots arranged similarly 😂

6 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Oh no! You were sooo close too! They call Patterson little Lima because of the large Peruvian population. Heres a pic of when I went for the first time. I was shocked by all the flags and how there was an area called Peru square lol. Hopefully you get a chance to go back. I went to a Peruvian restaurant that had over 60 dishes! At first that scared me but everything was really good and fresh. The food took forever to come out though. A good sign.

2AFF3066-5063-4DCB-BA65-C29265C949D8.thumb.JPG.2e4784a93d73f490f8847ea954ac3157.JPG

I've notice the increase in Nikkei in the U.S. too, not sure whats making it so popular all of a sudden.

The term Nikkei is fairly new but the fusion has been around for a very long time in Peru. There was just never a proper name for it until recent years. Peru has the largest population of Chinese people in Latin America and second largest population of Japanese (Brazil is #1 for Japanese) which created the two fusions. Kinda makes me think of the banh mi sandwich Vietnam has with the French influence. Sadly I've never even tried one yet! Its on my food bucket list lol

I went to a Chifa spot in NJ pre-op. This is what it looks like so you have an idea. I ordered the wonton Soup and my brother and bf ordered the lomo saltado with arroz chaufa.

Instead of the traditional Chinese wonton Soup that has a light broth, veggies (depending the place), and wontons, the Chifa one is heavier. Chifas version has roasted pork, duck, chicken, and beef all marinated with peppers native to Peru, veggies, and a million overstuffed wontons..... but seriously, these things are always overstuffed. I honestly thought i would never see the bottom of my bowl! You cant really see them because they have sunken down to the bowl, thats how heavy they are. The flavor is similar to the traditional Chinese but does have a little twist because the broth is made with different cuts of meat.

The lomo is basically a steak stir fry with french fries, tomatoes, red onions, peppers, and cilantro. The Chaufa is fried rice with a twist in flavor. It was a great meal and made me seriously miss Peru.

IMG_0401.thumb.JPG.6806d5ad3eacb00b5d8c42895987d657.JPG

IMG_0402.thumb.JPG.737a5abd1e3e9ccc687128ed331c6ffd.JPG

I feel your pain with being let down. It seems like once you find a good place, there isnt consistency. Oh and i love Ajiaco! I think its hard to find because its more of home dish, nothing too fancy.

Ill be trying a drink this Thursday! Im curious to see what happens lol

Whooo, sorry for hogging space, that was a mouthful!

MarvelGirl are you a food blogger? If not, you definitely need to become one! You're taking us to school with this...it's great! 😊

13 hours ago, justmetj said:

MarvelGirl are you a food blogger? If not, you definitely need to become one! You're taking us to school with this...it's great! 😊

Thanks! Just a food fanatic! lol :D

18 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Looks delish! You even have your carrots arranged similarly 😂

I was channeling you! :D

Ok, this isn't really a food post. This is a PSA.

Run. DO NOT WALK! Into your kitchen. Grab your carton egg whites, your favorite flavor of Premier and 2 ramekins.

Mix up the two. Divide into 2 ramekins. Place in a Water bath and cook at 350* for about 18 minutes. Center should still jiggle and wiggle a bit. It will continue to cook. Then you can add whatever the frick you want.

I did bananas and cream cuz I was craving nana puddin yesterday. Since i didn't cave and today I'm not craving...I made em and ate one for MS. Ok, I ate both of them for morning snack...I did.

I remain unrepentent. (Only one had the fruit garnish. The other was without toppings.) The yogurt and stevia get mixed together like a faux "whipped cream".
So dang tasty tasty!

Here it is. These are the numbers for BOTH! BOTH! YES! I AM YELLING!

image.png.7d05cf37d8162ea67d2f7ded443249a8.png

bari-healthy-life-protein-custard-bananas-cream-blueberrie_5782-cropped.thumb.jpg.f5c9b65937a0e5a5f4d6e54f241dcc6b.jpg bari-healthy-life-protein-custard-bananas-cream-blueberrie_5790-cropped.thumb.jpg.0586ce577c84ae53e4b18a21f206be7d.jpg

@sillykitty - thank you for that suggestion. I will look out for those noodles!

Early dinner today: Hot food from the Whole Foods bar. Chose two pieces of cooked chicken thigh, a piece of meatloaf, and about two tablespoons of mashed potatoes and quinoa. Gave the meatloaf to my bf and ate half of one thigh.

6E58D51F-F54A-42C2-9763-C3C843BF14A1.jpeg

998E2A3D-332B-4182-8A31-2440F20FCA26.jpeg

1 minute ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Early dinner today: Hot food from the Whole Foods bar. Chose two pieces of cooked chicken thigh, a piece of meatloaf, and about two tablespoons of mashed potatoes and quinoa. Gave the meatloaf to my bf and ate half of one thigh.

6E58D51F-F54A-42C2-9763-C3C843BF14A1.jpeg

998E2A3D-332B-4182-8A31-2440F20FCA26.jpeg

Looks so moist and tender!

Homemade (maintenance friendly?) Real Cinnamon Rolls

Sorry no subbing of flours... This is real flour, but 4 tsps of stevia, a dash of Torani Syrup and and only 4 tsps of cane sugar was used for sweetener throughout the recipe so I'm counting this as a win.

Made this for my BF, because he's been so sweet.

And yes I'm cooking this soon after plastics 😂

Fresh out of the oven without frosting

337063040_20200116_110203_HDR2.thumb.jpg.ac4ea1bf1fcfea305888fe689a12c427.jpg

And with hand made cream cheese frosting

20200116_110448_HDR.thumb.jpg.ea04d35e968b09cf6022e31399f22e46.jpg

10 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Homemade (maintenance friendly?) Real Cinnamon Rolls

Sorry no subbing of flours... This is real flour, but 4 tsps of stevia, a dash of Torani Syrup and and only 4 tsps of cane sugar was used for sweetener throughout the recipe so I'm counting this as a win.

Made this for my BF, because he's been so sweet.

And yes I'm cooking this soon after plastics 😂

Fresh out of the oven without frosting

337063040_20200116_110203_HDR2.thumb.jpg.ac4ea1bf1fcfea305888fe689a12c427.jpg

And with hand made cream cheese frosting

20200116_110448_HDR.thumb.jpg.ea04d35e968b09cf6022e31399f22e46.jpg

😮 😮😮😮😮

Those look sooo good! and hugeeeeee!

*slowly licks computer screen while crying*

Tonight's dinner: Takeout sashimi #yummmmmm

Assorted sashimi + 2 slices of beef tataki (not shown) + tamari & 1 tbsp wasabi patste
...ate it all save for 1 shrimp, 1 yellowtail & and the 2 salmon, which I will likely eat tomorrow.

294 cals - 44.5g Protein - 2.5g NET carbs - 10.6g fat

IMG_6828.thumb.jpg.3b63ed8463894cdc9f392d41817b8d58.jpg IMG_6832.thumb.jpg.bf6a146f6776f5d7b61e29b0ba81d1d4.jpg

Edited by ms.sss

Yesterday was a big eating day for me. I hit a little over 1500 calories and its the highest calorie intake I've had since surgery.

Since I knew I was going out to dinner for my birthday i skipped lunch and had an egg for Breakfast. My coworkers bought me a cheesecake and we sat around eating. They served me a large slice and I had to sit there picking at it little by little. I managed to eat half of it. I could have kept going but I didn't want to. Forgot to take a before and after pic of my slice but here's the cheesecake after I brought the rest home for my family:

IMG_2220.thumb.jpg.4a234f0d8c7c367e227d1338ed4ad5db.jpg

Oh, and when i got home my bf surprised me with chocolate covered fruit and mini cheesecake from Edible Arrangements. I ate 1 banana and 1 apple before heading out.

0.jpg.fc08634d8b37f0945cb0c1e6dd25341b.jpg

For dinner we went to a restaurant that owns their own aquaculture and organic vegetable farm. The oysters they harvest are delicious! For a drink I had their signature kombucha with fresh ginger, rosemary, and a splash of cranberry juice. For a starter and app I had two raw oysters and 3 grilled.

3.jpg.5f19fcfa2b7dadc7a7afbf51ad7b7610.jpg

IMG_2227.thumb.JPG.8eb6a4e9207ccc1a75c19d8b786c96af.JPG

For dinner I had a blackened yellowfin tuna with mashed red potatoes, a sweet pepper relish and creole mustard cream sauce. I also ate 1 scallop, and 2 oz of lobster from my bf's dish.

Before:

12.jpg.45c91eb46c9ec57fbecd21f44dd1a2d3.jpg

After: My bf helped me eat a good amount of it

0.jpg.fa693ca662d283360263257b4966df52.jpg

When I got home I had a chocolate covered strawberry, another banana and a few hot fry chips. Gave the left overs to my siblings.

0.jpg

0.jpg

Edited by MarvelGirl25