Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

Today’s lunch is salad 🥗 with homemade avocado dressing. I didn’t eat as much as I normally would because of the coffee I had this morning. Coffee always seems to suppress my hunger.

F80D7313-4A36-4B00-A61D-83A24FC092D4.jpeg

E80540DD-3256-458B-AAF7-12BAC2CE0E62.jpeg

3 hours ago, ms.sss said:

First, a PSA:

I do NOT recommend this dressing. 🤮 It does not taste like blue cheese AT ALL #pass #realStuffWaaaaayBetter

IMG_6809.thumb.jpg.4da82566f04b82ee105b26a410d31f8c.jpg

I have been looking for a good line of dressing. Any recommendations?

Tonights dinner Pepper steak and quinoa 20200113_182207.jpeg 20200113_183249.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

First time eating Chipotle since my surgery. Bowl with pinto Beans, fajita veggies, extra chicken, 1/2 pico, 1/2 corn salsa, extra sour cream, extra extra cheese. 1,050 calories total. I ate about 200 calories of it and I’m stuffed. Pre surgery that was lunch...now it is 3 days of food for me!

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

Edited by CO_Adventurer

17 hours ago, Lynda486 said:

I have been looking for a good line of dressing. Any recommendations?

Other than the vinaigrette I make, I have yet to find a good line myself!

But I have this one in my fridge right now (I tossed the yucky Walden Farms blue cheese one). Its not bad, Mr & the Kid like it, just not vinegary enough for me personally (30 cals per tablespoon).

Kraft has a whole line of "Calorie-Wise" dressings, but I haven't tried any of the other ones yet...

image.png.eddb1ce196b4d03149b538492db9be2b.png

Edited by ms.sss

13 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

@MarvelGirl25...can you share the recipe? pretty please?

Of course! Blend the following:

• 1 avocado
  • 1/4 of a small yellow onion
  • the juice of one lime
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1/3 or 1/4 cup of cilantro
  • salt & pepper
  • Water
  • a drizzle of olive oil or avocado oil. (optional)

FYI,

You can play around with the water and oil measurements. I eyeball it and usually do more water than oil but my step mom does more oil than water when she makes it for herself.

Also, if you notice yours looks different than mine its because i ran out of cilantro and made it without.

@Lynda486 @ms.sss

I love this one! 25 cals per tbsp. Doesnt taste like a diet dressing at all.

001175108-1.jpg.ad5883bd1cef79205777423ca92a593c.jpg

I will look for this today!

On 1/10/2020 at 11:15 AM, GreenTealael said:

Ok my BF actually did take pics of me and post surgery Flan 😅

Please disregard how i look this was 1 day post op

IMG_20200103_231436~2.jpg

Most humble brag ever 🤣

On 1/9/2020 at 7:09 AM, MarvelGirl25 said:

Thanks! And I'm jealous! Even though I can eat it at home or from fam, I still wish there were more around me. I love trying other versions. Where I live there's only 3 spots (not counting my uncles) and two out of the 3 are not authentic. Also, its hard to find the ingredients. When we don't feel like cooking we drive 4+ hours to Patterson, NJ to eat because there are TONS of Peruvian places. There are bakeries, Breakfast spots, chicken spots (this requires explaining lol), Chifa spots (Peruvian Chinese), Nikkei spots (Peruvian Japanese), etc.

so maybe Ill treat myself to a glass of wine or a mixed drink. So far I haven't heard of anyone experiencing horrible side effects so that gives me some relief too. :) Thanks!

What?? ... I am so disappointed, I had my plastic surgery at Hackensack! No idea Paterson NJ was a Peruvian food mecca! Now I'm back on the opposite coast :(

Funny, I never really thought about the different types of Peruvian I've been to both locally and when traveling. There are chicken places (I totally know what you're talking about :) ). There are seafood places. There are homestyle places. More and more I'm seeing Peruvian Japanese places, that seems to be trending (the term Nikkei is new though). I'm intrigued by Chifa style, that I've never seen, or bakeries, or Breakfast spots. I think my Peruvian standards got set too high by the first Peruvian I had on the regular (although my mom ate there recently and was said it wasn't as good as it used to be). I'm generally let down more often then not. Also, no place seems to have my favorite dish, Ajiaco de Pollo

As far as mixed drinks go, I'd say, go slow. I'm a rare? sleever that sometimes lightly dumps. If I do my trigger is very sweet liquids :(

22 hours ago, ms.sss said:

First, a PSA:

I do NOT recommend this dressing. 🤮 It does not taste like blue cheese AT ALL #pass #realStuffWaaaaayBetter

IMG_6809.thumb.jpg.4da82566f04b82ee105b26a410d31f8c.jpg

Ok, so the beauty of WF products are that they "extend" real stuff for zero calories...except I love their Italian Vinaigrette, Asian, and Sesame Ginger on their own. :) But I mix that in with Ken's Steakhouse Lite Blue cheese for a super ultra light version. :) Try it. I triple dog dare you!!! Add a little garlic and a splash of ACV also.

On 1/11/2020 at 4:46 PM, froufrou said:

Thank you for letting me know! I am going to give them a miss haha. I cannot stand the smell of fish and I hate slimy things. Definite pass!

I'm with you on this!

I do find edamame/soybean Protein pastas to an acceptable substitute

1264224040_BSBpasta.thumb.jpg.a3705eea116b95a523d0b16ee8df807c.jpg1768444100_Edpasta2.jpg.1dec11f8bd3354dfa600eba14c4ff83f.jpg1746090288_Edpasta.jpg.ffdd9849792caa4e5d99b073cee2d3ac.jpg

IMG_7933.thumb.jpg.e42fdae91c313b4e8b5c8afe07c8574f.jpg

Edited by sillykitty

Lazy meal prep for the bf this week. I'm trying to take it easy and baby my tender tummy muscles.

Build Your Own BBQ or Buffalo chicken Wraps

IMG_8956.JPG.thumb.png.2556d42a2167c6c68a1a38a42996e0a7.png