Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

17 hours ago, ms.sss said:

First taste of alcohol was 1 month post-op, lol. Wasn't much though. Started drinking semi-regularly again once in maintenance (7 months po).

coffee, on the other hand. Was drinking Decaf every day for first 1-2 months, then regular ever since. I can't live without coffee. Or salad.

I think i'm going to wait longer on the drinking thing but it would be nice to have one on special occasions.

Did you have any side effects when you started drinking regular? My doc said it could be harsh on the stomach.

9 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I just ate soooo much homemade flan 😍 but no pics

I bet it came out great! I loveeeeee flan!

2 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

I think i'm going to wait longer on the drinking thing but it would be nice to have one on special occasions.

Did you have any side effects when you started drinking regular? My doc said it could be harsh on the stomach.

No, none at all (but we are all different!). The only thing that doesn't agree with me in term of ill effects are large amounts of sugar at one time.

Edited by ms.sss

Back on the meal prepping (yay!) and today’s lunch was jalapeño and bell pepper chicken burgers with an endamame salad. Finished the rest a couple hours after.

B369DE01-53E8-4862-9B95-6B6154F6B332.jpeg

E5D752B0-8D6F-49A8-B637-C1A4042FA8FF.jpeg

On 1/7/2020 at 5:51 AM, ms.sss said:

Omg @MarvelGirl25 I would eat at your uncle's restaurant every day #yummie

Same!! I've been to a fair amount of Peruvian restaurants and your uncle's food looks super fancy!

Going back to a previous post of yours @MarvelGirl25. I eat out professionally a lot. And how little I could eat, and how much it was noticed and commented on was, for me, the hardest thing about WLS. But as time went on I could eat closer to normal portions, and the comments stopped. So it won't last forever, just know it's temporary.

As far as alcohol. I had my first drink 3 weeks post op (work situation). But after that I mostly swore off alcohol during my WL phase. It just wasn't worth the liquid calories to me, they add up fast. But I also didn't deprive myself. I had a few drinks my birthday week, or when someone bought a really nice bottle of wine at dinner, and on vacation.

Edited by sillykitty

13 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Same!! I've been to a fair amount of Peruvian restaurants and your uncle's food looks super fancy!

Going back to a previous post of yours @MarvelGirl25. I eat out professionally a lot. And how little I could eat, and how much it was noticed and commented on was, for me, the hardest thing about WLS. But as time went on I could eat closer to normal portions, and the comments stopped. So it won't last forever, just know it's temporary.

As far as alcohol. I had my first drink 3 weeks post op (work situation). But after that I mostly swore off alcohol during my WL phase. It just wasn't worth the liquid calories to me, they add up fast. But I also didn't deprive myself. I had a few drinks my birthday week, or when someone bought a really nice bottle of wine at dinner, and on vacation.

Thanks! And I'm jealous! Even though I can eat it at home or from fam, I still wish there were more around me. I love trying other versions. Where I live there's only 3 spots (not counting my uncles) and two out of the 3 are not authentic. Also, its hard to find the ingredients. When we don't feel like cooking we drive 4+ hours to Patterson, NJ to eat because there are TONS of Peruvian places. There are bakeries, Breakfast spots, chicken spots (this requires explaining lol), Chifa spots (Peruvian Chinese), Nikkei spots (Peruvian Japanese), etc.

I feel you with the eating out. I used to eat out all the time and now Ive grown to hate it. Ill try to remember its temporary, but right now it just stinks. The other day i went to Korean BBQ with a few friends and they noticed. To make myself look normal I mostly ate pork belly. Its cut so thin I was able to trick them into thinking I was eating the average persons portion. Thats when the comments stopped.

I'm thinking Ill do the same. Drink on special occasions or when I get closer to my goal weight. It seems like that what successful maintainers like yourself and others have done. Its almost my birthday so maybe Ill treat myself to a glass of wine or a mixed drink. So far I haven't heard of anyone experiencing horrible side effects so that gives me some relief too. :) Thanks!

Today’s lunch: Ground chicken and lettuce wraps. Ended up adding more avocado 🥑 because why not :)

4C5B0A94-65BE-469B-8998-A1DFDB6A248B.jpeg

6FF60FF2-592A-413A-BA46-C9CD0A2127CB.jpeg

salad yesterday - a confetti chopped salad with tuna and cottage cheese salad. I ate all of it over 45 minutes.

confetti-tuna-salad_5578.thumb.jpg.b8e9bf644eec599a11c9858b06729bd2.jpg

8 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

salad yesterday - a confetti chopped salad with tuna and cottage cheese salad. I ate all of it over 45 minutes.

confetti-tuna-salad_5578.thumb.jpg.b8e9bf644eec599a11c9858b06729bd2.jpg

Looks delicious! Super colorful and vibrant! ❤️

9 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Chifa spots (Peruvian Chinese), Nikkei spots (Peruvian Japanese), etc.

Learn something new every day here!

9 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Its almost my birthday so maybe Ill treat myself to a glass of wine or a mixed drink.

So far I haven't heard of anyone experiencing horrible side effects so that gives me some relief too. :) Thanks!

Um, my second drink ever after WLS was a lemon flavoured soju/sake drink (this was about 2 months post-op) I had about 1 fl oz and I had my very first dumping experience. It was horrible. I dunno if you are prone to dumping, but my tip would be to be mindful of the sugar content in any mixed drinks you want to try....

Yesterday's Dinner:

Coconut Sweet Potato Curry w/ Keto Bagel chips.

The chips would have been better if they were thinner, and were pretty filling, or maybe I just felt bloated after, not really sure. Ate all the chips, and about 2/3 of the curry.

202 cals - 7.2g NET carbs - 15.3g Fat - 6.5g Protein

IMG_6751.thumb.jpg.d91b7cb172c404bb78e316d66b60f2a9.jpg

14 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Learn something new every day here!

Um, my second drink ever after WLS was a lemon flavoured soju/sake drink (this was about 2 months post-op) I had about 1 fl oz and I had my very first dumping experience. It was horrible. I dunno if you are prone to dumping, but my tip would be to be mindful of the sugar content in any mixed drinks you want to try....

If you ever get a chance, try it! :)

Oh noooo... Thanks for the warning! I'm assuming me throwing up is dumping? I dont get the usual symptoms of dumping like the racing heart, sweating, or going #2. For example, when i went to my uncles and ate the flan and that purple mazamora I ended up throwing up when I got home. I think it was the sugar since I just threw up the Desserts.

Hahaha. Felt so decadent this morning I had to take a pic. This is my "endulgence" LOL. A decaff espresso Keurig pod with 1.5fl oz fat free Mootopia (Fairlife in Texas) frothed with ground cinnamon.

decaff-espresso-fatfree-mootopia_5449.thumb.JPG.771e4c5fd34eb4d9b6566b6b2d6c1b1a.JPG decaff-espresso-fatfree-mootopia_5454.thumb.JPG.a7ae56e544a84555db27c6a4b1f6d57c.JPGdecaf-espresso-fatfree-mootopia-frothed-bac.JPG.4252a56b40c20f8a850677f4fd4693fb.JPG

@FluffyChix I am currently enjoying a new hot beverage myself!!! I cracked open a SF Salted Caramel Syrup Mr. bought me, and OMG its effing delicious.

1/2 of leftover black coffee (about 10oz) + Green Tea Bag w/ 10oz more Water + 1/8 cup unsweetened almond milk + 1 tsp SF Salted Caramel Syrup (though I will probably make it next time with 1/2 teaspoon to make it less sweet...)

7 cals - 0.1g Protein - 0.0g NET carbs - 0.4g fat

IMG_6795.thumb.jpg.52fe7e70bd6b165a2ddee3f43764d692.jpg

2 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Oh noooo... Thanks for the warning! I'm assuming me throwing up is dumping? I dont get the usual symptoms of dumping like the racing heart, sweating, or going #2. For example, when i went to my uncles and ate the flan and that purple mazamora I ended up throwing up when I got home. I think it was the sugar since I just threw up the Desserts.

Ah, you're lucky you don't get the regular symptoms. Though throwing up DOES still sucks on its own.

For me the absolute worst dumping symptom is the death feelings after the "expelling" of the offending food (weakness, lethargy, nausea, head spinning...sorta like a horrible non-alcoholic hangover) that lasts for like an hour or so.

Edited by ms.sss