Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

35 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

My guess is some sort of egg bake...amirite??

Ok, I see it now. I thought it was a wedge of cold mashed potatoes!

On 12/12/2019 at 12:32, FluffyChix said:

I think it's quince paste. :D Goes with Manchego.

Ahhh. Yes that’s what it was.
Thanks for helping my brain recollect the word.

Okay, so I’ve learned something from the last few pages here.

1. Hospital food always has and always will suck out loud.
2. Wait til honeymoon period is well and truly over to have plastics so when my sleeve becomes more stretchy I can use the surgery as a reset.
🤣🤣🤣

Forgot my lunch bag at home so I was forced to buy something at the cafe downstairs. Salads looked like they were going bad so I ended up with chowder.

Can someone tell me why I felt immensely guilty while eating it?? I felt like I was cheating or something. Maybe because i dont know how its made and whats in it? The closest thing I can compare it to is Chupe de Camarones which is a Peruvian milky shrimp and seafood Soup (see google pic below). I know thats made with evaporated milk but chowder im guessing a heavy cream with a rue?? Omg as I continue writing this now I'm thinking I just had flour ... I dont want to stretch my pouch 😭

ALSO, i feel like every time I post my meal on this thread i write a novel of unneeded info or a paragraph full of questions so I apologize for that lol i can talk a lot in person... as well as overthink.

IMG_1665.thumb.jpg.5b677f0af51c474e691bf701e9cb1088.jpg

IMG_1667.thumb.jpg.f3e867570847cc6cc9464b7bbe7d741c.jpg

IMG_1671.thumb.jpg.6328c0678df39f8978bbad73e6d94672.jpg

7 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Forgot my lunch bag at home so I was forced to buy something at the cafe downstairs. Salads looked like they were going bad so I ended up with chowder.

Can someone tell me why I felt immensely guilty while eating it?? I felt like I was cheating or something. Maybe because i dont know how its made and whats in it? The closest thing I can compare it to is Chupe de Camarones which is a Peruvian milky shrimp and seafood Soup (see google pic below). I know thats made with evaporated milk but chowder im guessing a heavy cream with a rue?? Omg as I continue writing this now I'm thinking I just had flour ... I dont want to stretch my pouch 😭

ALSO, i feel like every time I post my meal on this thread i write a novel of unneeded info or a paragraph full of questions so I apologize for that lol i can talk a lot in person... as well as overthink.

I hated eating out early on when i had no clue how food was prepared.

Luckily a roux is unlikely to cause any stretching in a single sitting (repetitive over eating over long periods more likely if anything and even that is rare / mostly people just eat excess cals by grazing)

Oh and we ❤ long post

16 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I hated eating out early on when i had no clue how food was prepared.

Luckily a roux is unlikely to cause any stretching in a single sitting (repetitive over eating over long periods more likely if anything and even that is rare / mostly people just eat excess cals by grazing)

Oh and we ❤ long post

Yes! I absolutely cant stand it especially when its unplanned. As of now I try to avoid it as much as possible but this Sunday I do know Im going out for Breakfast with the fam. That should be easier since i can just get plain eggs.

Thats good to know, thanks. Ive been paranoid about stretching.

And I just realized i spelled roux wrong smh.

34 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Yes! I absolutely cant stand it especially when its unplanned. As of now I try to avoid it as much as possible but this Sunday I do know Im going out for Breakfast with the fam. That should be easier since i can just get plain eggs.

Thats good to know, thanks. Ive been paranoid about stretching.

And I just realized i spelled roux wrong smh.

Over time it maybe better as more options open up to you

The autocorrect on my cell misspells on purpose these days just to keep me from greatness 😅

@FluffyChix got me all salad-jonesing, so I went and fixed myself a Ginormous salad too!

This sucker is a whopping 383 calories (majority of which is from the avocado, yum) and I was literally giddy to sit down and eat it. To my great disappointment, I barely made a dent. This is what it looks like almost 2 hours later....just not feeling it today! On the bright side, Mr. and I are going out with friends tonite so that means more room for tequila, right? :P

383 calories - 22g Protein - 10g NET carbs - 25g fat

E5825659-215D-4B16-8483-6F0326D13930.thumb.jpg.6cd06aeebd1baeaef7ecef9045781649.jpg

IMG_6543.thumb.jpg.f06a539a7f3622bc46feb8c984fcaaf9.jpg

5 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

@FluffyChix got me all salad-jonesing, so I went and fixed myself a Ginormous salad too!

This sucker is a whopping 383 calories (majority of which is from the avocado, yum) and I was literally giddy to sit down and eat it. To my great disappointment, I barely made a dent. This is what it looks like almost 2 hours later....just not feeling it today! On the bright side, Mr. and I are going out with friends tonite so that means more room for tequila, right? :P

383 calories - 22g Protein - 10g NET carbs - 25g fat

E5825659-215D-4B16-8483-6F0326D13930.thumb.jpg.6cd06aeebd1baeaef7ecef9045781649.jpg

I’m starting to see a lot of avocado on this thread. I love it!🥰😉

One of the things I love about the surgery is the ability to stretch a meal! I wanted chipotle so I got a burrito bowl (no rice) and added a tortilla and cheese to make two meals for me and a quesadilla for my son!
Before & Afters, my son didn’t have any left over but I did! 😃

04BB1B23-A740-4A08-9DA7-EF406139839F.jpeg

21EA2A19-F96C-4187-947A-4DCC2837B12C.jpeg

2E224633-AC7E-4133-8670-BE23E9DB0F3C.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Starflower said:

One of the things I love about the surgery is the ability to stretch a meal! I wanted chipotle so I got a burrito bowl (no rice) and added a tortilla and cheese to make two meals for me and a quesadilla for my son!
Before & Afters, my son didn’t have any left over but I did! 😃

04BB1B23-A740-4A08-9DA7-EF406139839F.jpeg

21EA2A19-F96C-4187-947A-4DCC2837B12C.jpeg

2E224633-AC7E-4133-8670-BE23E9DB0F3C.jpeg

I have done this with my BF (sofrito & bean bowl) 😍 and was able to get 2 Meals each! I already had corn tortillas waiting to use for him.

It was perfect

On 12/13/2019 at 12:18, MarvelGirl25 said:

Okay so we really do love long posts.
I’m the queen of them TBH.

it really sucks to get stuck in an emergency situation and not know exactly what’s in something, but I feel like you made a fine choice.
Besides, it’s not like you planned to go off course and you’ve been planning and staying the course so it’s all good.

One day back when I was still in the first 4 months post-op, I had a similar situation.
Left my cottage cheese out in my car and it was a few hours before I realized and it was prolly at least 90 degrees outside.
So I ordered lunch off of my Panera app (we don’t get breaks at my job and I’m prohibited by law to leave the premises) and got a turkey avocado sandwich.
Even though I ate only the insides, I got a piece of bread in a bite and it tasted God-awful and made me feel horrible that I had left my planned lunch in the car.
After that, I brought emergency food to work like packets of bari-oatmeal and the bariatric hot cocoa that I keep in my cubby.

Oh well, we live and learn.

19 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

IMO, dealing with real life eating is a good skill to have. You won't always be able to only eat food you cook yourself. Additionally, succeeding after WLS does not require perfection. Plenty of us have had great success, and have eaten non ideal foods :)

And about stomach stretching....

Edited by sillykitty

6 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

IMO, dealing with real life eating is a good skill to have. You won't always be able to only food you cook yourself.

"Real life eating". Liking this.

The video is also a good one. Dr. Weiner's videos are usually always worth a few minutes of your time. "Your body is far more smarter than your doctor" - liking that as well.