Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

45 minutes ago, lvidacovich said:

My parents must live in the wrong part of Texas or have the wrong friends! I'll ask around, I'll be there tomorrow!

Can attest that tamales for Christmas has been going on since I was a tiny girl. I'm 57. I'm willing to bet it's been tradition long before that. ;)

Ok, I give you Fun With Fluff! :) I made frozen Fluff Clouds. :D For 2 of them...only 34calories. They taste like a frozen type of ice cream sandwich cookie.

Question for everyone: Has anyone drank Kombucha after surgery? I ran it by my nutritionist and my surgeons assistant and they both said the carbonation is not as bad as soda so it wont cause stretching. They weren't concerned about the sugar or calories because its so little.

Does anyone's doc say otherwise? I love the stuff but I'm still afraid of drinking it on a daily basis. I've replaced my morning chamomile tea with a bottle of this.

These are the two brands I've been drinking. I find the Humm to have less carbonation.

IMG_1241.thumb.jpg.c581b6307d28e27775a2cee5f6e078e2.jpg

IMG_1242.thumb.jpg.ec2dc77fb314f12846366522214d5ae0.jpg

IMG_1382.thumb.JPG.68864036fa60184b557ae7d8736e6762.JPG

IMG_1383.thumb.JPG.ec3ce1b120dae16bf6499e1cb4ab97d6.JPG

Edited by MarvelGirl25

23 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Question for everyone: Has anyone drank Kombucha after surgery? I ran it by my nutritionist and my surgeons assistant and they both said the carbonation is not as bad as soda so it wont cause stretching. They weren't concerned about the sugar or calories because its so little.

Does anyone's doc say otherwise? I love the stuff but I'm still afraid of drinking it on a daily basis. I've replaced my morning chamomile tea with a bottle of this.

These are the two brands I've been drinking. I find the Humm to have less carbonation.

IMG_1241.thumb.jpg.c581b6307d28e27775a2cee5f6e078e2.jpg

IMG_1242.thumb.jpg.ec2dc77fb314f12846366522214d5ae0.jpg

IMG_1382.thumb.JPG.68864036fa60184b557ae7d8736e6762.JPG

IMG_1383.thumb.JPG.ec3ce1b120dae16bf6499e1cb4ab97d6.JPG

No, I drink hot Kombucha tea instead now

15 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

I have had carbonated drinks since early on post WLS. I know many would have an issue with that. It worked for me, and my surgeon's team grudgingly was ok with it.

But for me, personally, I wouldn't add 60 extra cals a day, in non satisfying (to me) liquid. But if that trade off is worthwhile for you, I don't see a problem with it.

4 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

...and restless and bored. Everybody scored.

...working on those night moves, trying to lose those awkward teenage moves..

.hahahahaha ;) Sorry, couldn't resist.

My favorite part: I used her she used me
But neither one cared
We were getting our share

My musician friend sings this one and it is one of my favorites.

4 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

45 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I have had carbonated drinks since early on post WLS. I know many would have an issue with that. It worked for me, and my surgeon's team grudgingly was ok with it.

But for me, personally, I wouldn't add 60 extra cals a day, in non satisfying (to me) liquid. But if that trade off is worthwhile for you, I don't see a problem with it.

Good to know my team is not the only one who is ok with it.

For me it’s a good trade off. Since surgery Water hasn’t tasted the same so not only is it helping me get down Fluid but also tmi - go to the bathroom...

I’m still on the hunt for another alternative/hoping the water problem goes away.

On 11/26/2019 at 13:36, FluffyChix said:

Yum! What dressing do you put on it?

I wondered the same thing. And I agree. No Syrup on my salad. Ever. Thanks. But it looked great until I knew it was syrupy kale🤣😂

Plantains ! (Yellow is better than Green -fight me [emoji23])

20191126_122458_HDR.thumb.jpg.9e3ed8a0de0023929d364b8b8be3855c.jpg
20191126_122520_HDR.thumb.jpg.587d7ff6afd4ce886155af7e41bc1a30.jpg
20191126_122720_HDR.thumb.jpg.d2cbf1f7ff7cf2d897e38567b7e66a17.jpg
20191126_122944_HDR.thumb.jpg.1a2b445a017938e7d02bc161e9a69568.jpg
20191126_123129_HDR.thumb.jpg.d230a150d761c2617ca8b029e9e458f3.jpg
20191126_125757_HDR.thumb.jpg.6773de9df0a1a913c580388c8a0bb004.jpg
1402367736_Screenshot_2019-11-06-19-00-172.png.6a666357d9a41e7004a56238ac82dd9e.png
Absolutely!!! GO YELLOW!!!🤚🤚

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

How much Maple Syrup do y'all think I'm using to cook with? Ahahahaha

It's a just dash- very likey less than the sugar amounts in commercial salad dressings (or I'd feel it 😭) & This **** is expensive...

Y'all are missing out on a golden opportunity

purinton-vt-maple-party-favors-1.jpg.65feb7dd27191177507e3469f10978e5.jpg

4 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

How much Maple Syrup do y'all think I'm using to cook with? Ahahahaha

It's a just dash- very likey less than the sugar amounts in commercial salad dressings (or I'd feel it 😭) & This **** is expensive...

Y'all are missing out on a golden opportunity 

Lol, the stuff gets used up pretty quickly in my house. Here is a pic of the maple Syrup we buy about once a year. (Milk container included for size comparison...) 😉

IMG_7301.thumb.jpg.8e5083c8e566637e2227ff5cbf8da126.jpg

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Lol, the stuff gets used up pretty quickly in my house. Here is a pic of the maple Syrup we buy about once a year. (Milk container included for size comparison...) 😉

IMG_7301.thumb.jpg.8e5083c8e566637e2227ff5cbf8da126.jpg

1/4 th that size has lasted me this entire year! I get mine during vacays to the ADKs or Vermont. I taste a few to decide which I want because I usually get a *darker grade smokey favored one - Not overly light and sweet ones (no one often eats pancakes or waffles with Syrup in my family 😂)

*Its a bit different from pancake syrup. I'm sure y'all know that

5 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I get mine during vacays to the ADKs or Vermont.

Ok, so if you are ever game for a road trip to Quebec (NY is not so far away!), you should try heading to the area north of Montreal and sample some maple-inspired menus in a traditional "Cabane à Sucre" (aka "Sugar Shack") during the maple harvest in the Spring. The venues range from 2 Michelin star establishments to decades-owned family farms whose barns are stuffed with harvest tables to serve meals to the public during maple season.

....and when you get tired of all the nature, you can head back into Montreal and party it up.

14 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Ok, so if you are ever game for a road trip to Quebec (NY is not so far away!), you should try heading to the area north of Montreal and sample some maple-inspired menus in a traditional "Cabane à Sucre" (aka "Sugar Shack") during the maple harvest in the Spring. The venues range from 2 Michelin star establishments to decades-owned family farms whose barns are stuffed with harvest tables to serve meals to the public during maple season.

....and when you get tired of all the nature, you can head back into Montreal and party it up.

I was just in Montreal last month (?) and didnt even think to get maple, we busy eating Poutine which i cant normally have but we found vegetarian options

I will totally check it out Thanks!

Edited by GreenTealael