Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

18 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

My birthday was last month and due to scheduling we celebrated tonight. I had the best dinner I’ve had in a while. The bread is simply wood fired pizza dough with olive oil and rosemary, the salad is a blackened shrimp with Calabrian Chiles, pine nuts and a lemon vinaigrette.

Followed that up with a trip to my favorite chocolate shop. I had a raspberry and a dulce de leche truffle.

Every bite was worth the calories today.

DACF78A4-E62F-40F7-A82F-EE60429901A4.jpeg

FC12193E-7E95-4EEC-AACC-B10212C0849E.jpeg

CA098236-AF08-4147-A827-EC36B62EBD5F.jpeg

I want all of that ... like right now :)

6 hours ago, ms.sss said:

K, I know I wasn't asked, but am going to but in here and share my veggie (mushroom) mao pao recipe with you anyway. Mr & the Kid (and I) love it.

Including a pic I posted of it on my Instagram from last time I made it. This bowl (with the rice) was for the fam, I had mine with....SALAD.

IMG_7276D6AE74E2-1.thumb.jpeg.aaef9b41d7970892ccacc8dbec2d4b44.jpeg

Ingredients
- [ ] 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- [ ] 1 tablespoon maple Syrup (OR liquid Sweetener)
- [ ] 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce (OR Braggs liquid Soy Aminos)
- [ ] 1 teaspoon cornstarch (OR Xanthan Gum)
- [ ] 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- [ ] 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- [ ] 3 tablespoons fermented black Beans, roughly chopped
- [ ] 2 green onions, white parts only, chopped
- [ ] 6 cloves garlic, minced
- [ ] 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- [ ] 1 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
- [ ] 2 tablespoons chili bean paste (aka Doubanjiang)
- [ ] 1 (14 ounce) container silken tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- [ ] 1 tablespoon chili oil
- [ ] 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- [ ] 3 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- [ ] 1 tablespoon sesame seeds

Directions

1. Mix vegetable broth, maple Syrup, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a bowl.
2. Heat peanut oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, black Beans, green onions, garlic, ginger, and Sichuan peppercorns. Sauté until aromatic, about 1 minute. Add chilli bean paste and the soy sauce mixture. Cook and stir until thick, 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Add tofu; cook until heated through, about 1 minute more.
4. Transfer cooked tofu to a serving dish; drizzle chilli oil and sesame oil on top. Top with chopped peanuts & sesame seeds

I actually have all those ingredients in my house, except the tofu ... and I will still order take out most likely 🤣

chicken and Wild Rice Soup (I feel like I should only be in Minnesota when I eat this 😀)

IMG_7900.thumb.jpg.d57bc582885cbbdf1e7d6a7b6f8ba95a.jpg

IMG_7901.thumb.jpg.1961dc0aa5e87fd09eb22484eb2c14f5.jpg

dinner for tonight :) (this plate is for my bf) I thought the way I served him looked nicer then my sloppy mess.

My portion Is without rice and half the size of meat he has. Finished it all within an hour.

FD312E1E-6FF1-4D31-825D-95B1FED92A98.jpeg

5 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Special shout out to @FluffyChix who gave me some ideas on what to do with all my Protein Powder.

I give you: chocolate Protein powder Microwave Mug Cake w/ whipped cream

This cake is surprisingly filling! I ate it too fast I guess and realized this too late. Oopsies. I ate less than 1/2 and was done. The Kid had a couple bites of it too to taste, and even though she is not a fan of chocolate cake, she said she "woudn't spit it out". High praise from a dessert connoisseur. LOLOLzz

Next time I will use almond flour instead of coconut flour, as it was a tiny bit too coconut-y tasting to me. Also, it is sooooo much better when it is warm and right out of the microwave. Once it gets to room temp it becomes kinda meh.

348 cals - 34g Protein - 12g NET carbs - 15g fat
** if you use sugar-free chocolate chips and lose the whipped cream, you can save yourself 100 cals and 7g Net carbs total.

7CED48AA-4558-47A9-BF38-E9B5BEB32811.thumb.jpg.8233808966e6935c96fe3070526b7a3f.jpg IMG_E6B2B8FDBE60-1.thumb.jpeg.34aebe13a0ab6fc0474d4a0339b73e6e.jpeg

My surgiversary version used no alt flour... Just cocoa powder. Still rises

20191107_132122_HDR.jpg

20191107_132211_HDR.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

38 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

My surgiversary version used no alt flour... Just cocoa powder. Still rises

So just Protein Powder + cocoa powder? Was the Protein powder unflavoured?

12 hours ago, ms.sss said:

So just Protein Powder + cocoa powder? Was the Protein powder unflavoured?

Mine didn't even have Protein in it 😳😔but yes no coconut or almond flour. Cocoa powder used like flour then all the rest of your ingredients just the same.

I don't have measurements sorry, just mix until it is like cake batter

I when i tried to make Keto cornbread I used vanilla protein powder and coconut flour everyone decided it was more like yellow (spiced) cake

This was hospital food yesterday... I was honestly full all day from this nonsense WTF this was just lunch. To me this feels like a lot of food . And y'all know they go by dietary regs so every cal was accounted for IDK IDK IDK

Before -ish and After

20191121_122121_HDR.jpg

20191121_124544_HDR.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

Grilled chicken salad for lunch today. When I stick to eating just the veggies I feel like I can finish the whole thing but once I take a bite or two of chicken that's when I feel full and need to tap out.

IMG_1334.thumb.jpg.3be529af440f1c166538e7cd1ada82a6.jpg

IMG_1335.thumb.jpg.6f5862e74cf24dd11c69ab33044ca570.jpg

On 11/21/2019 at 2:46 PM, ms.sss said:

Special shout out to @FluffyChix who gave me some ideas on what to do with all my Protein powder.

I give you: chocolate Protein Powder Microwave Mug Cake w/ whipped cream

This cake is surprisingly filling! I ate it too fast I guess and realized this too late. Oopsies. I ate less than 1/2 and was done. The Kid had a couple bites of it too to taste, and even though she is not a fan of chocolate cake, she said she "woudn't spit it out". High praise from a dessert connoisseur. LOLOLzz

Next time I will use almond flour instead of coconut flour, as it was a tiny bit too coconut-y tasting to me. Also, it is sooooo much better when it is warm and right out of the microwave. Once it gets to room temp it becomes kinda meh.

348 cals - 34g Protein - 12g NET carbs - 15g fat
** if you use sugar-free chocolate chips and lose the whipped cream, you can save yourself 100 cals and 7g Net carbs total.

7CED48AA-4558-47A9-BF38-E9B5BEB32811.thumb.jpg.8233808966e6935c96fe3070526b7a3f.jpg IMG_E6B2B8FDBE60-1.thumb.jpeg.34aebe13a0ab6fc0474d4a0339b73e6e.jpeg

Yay! I do them many ways. :) Sometimes it is just cocoa powder etc, sometimes I blend up protein powder, cocoa powder, coconut flour etc. :) They all taste different with different textures, densities, and cals. :)

Mostly I do them without added oil these days. :)

https://fluffychixcook.com/keto-chocolate-cake/

Edited by FluffyChix

47 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Yay! I do them many ways. :) Sometimes it is just cocoa powder etc, sometimes I blend up Protein powder, cocoa powder, coconut flour etc. :) They all taste different with different textures, densities, and cals. :)

Mostly I do them without added oil these days. :)

https://fluffychixcook.com/keto-chocolate-cake/

How do you combat the dryness without oil/butter? I havent found an alternative yet?

22 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

dinner for tonight :) (this plate is for my bf) I thought the way I served him looked nicer then my sloppy mess.

My portion Is without rice and half the size of meat he has. Finished it all within an hour.

FD312E1E-6FF1-4D31-825D-95B1FED92A98.jpeg

Very pretty plate 😍

So good... Hot Cocoa w/ whip

I'm deep into Sublandia y'all, I'll never find my my out🔦. Its ok... just come visit me sometimes 😂

20191122_190848_HDR.thumb.jpg.46cc99a6e5e2df55eb241949223081fe.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael