Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

14 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Oldie but Goodie: Curried Salmon Patê w/ apples, cucumbers & raisins

20191120_135829_HDR.thumb.jpg.53c156b1d7f4d1a49cd9221618675e10.jpg

Ate 1/2 rest for dinner maybe

Looks good! I could eat salmon everyday and never get tired of it.

3 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Ma Po Tofu (restriction was in effect yesterday!)

IMG_7876.thumb.jpg.575e2d163c2ffbb0b89751c0ed63f336.jpg

IMG_7877.thumb.jpg.73fc79452b1030c9a08ecea6478647f5.jpg

That sauce 😍😍😍👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽

2 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

Looks good! I could eat salmon everyday and never get tired of it.

Totally Agree!

17 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Gosh I want that!!! I wish it was MY lunch!

Agreed! And that avocado 👌 I need one now

4 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Totally Agree!

Agreed! And that avocado 👌 I need one now

IKR? Like STAT! :D

My birthday was last month and due to scheduling we celebrated tonight. I had the best dinner I’ve had in a while. The bread is simply wood fired pizza dough with olive oil and rosemary, the salad is a blackened shrimp with Calabrian Chiles, pine nuts and a lemon vinaigrette.

Followed that up with a trip to my favorite chocolate shop. I had a raspberry and a dulce de leche truffle.

Every bite was worth the calories today.

DACF78A4-E62F-40F7-A82F-EE60429901A4.jpeg

FC12193E-7E95-4EEC-AACC-B10212C0849E.jpeg

CA098236-AF08-4147-A827-EC36B62EBD5F.jpeg

7 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Is this homemade? I have a brick waiting for a new recipe 😬

No ... I don't mess with most ethnic food. I always find mind own versions to be disappointing and expensive vs. ordering take out. :blush:

9 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

My birthday was last month and due to scheduling we celebrated tonight. I had the best dinner I’ve had in a while. The bread is simply wood fired pizza dough with olive oil and rosemary, the salad is a blackened shrimp with Calabrian Chiles, pine nuts and a lemon vinaigrette.

Followed that up with a trip to my favorite chocolate shop. I had a raspberry and a dulce de leche truffle.

CA098236-AF08-4147-A827-EC36B62EBD5F.jpeg

The bread looks sooo aromatic!!!! Happy Belated Birthday Celebration 💙

Happy Belated Birthday @Cheeseburgh!!!! What a gorgeous meal and a perfect finish!!! Zomg!!!!! On that salad and flatbread!!!

12 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Oh my. I would leave a smushed face and hands imprints on that glass.

BTW, Happy Belated Birthday!!! ❤️

Edited by ms.sss

11 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Wow that salad looks soooo good, especially that shrimp. My mouth is watering lol

Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a good one!

18 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Is this homemade? I have a brick waiting for a new recipe 😬

10 hours ago, sillykitty said:

No ... I don't mess with most ethnic food. I always find mind own versions to be disappointing and expensive vs. ordering take out. :blush:

K, I know I wasn't asked, but am going to but in here and share my veggie (mushroom) mao pao recipe with you anyway. Mr & the Kid (and I) love it.

Including a pic I posted of it on my Instagram from last time I made it. This bowl (with the rice) was for the fam, I had mine with....SALAD.

IMG_7276D6AE74E2-1.thumb.jpeg.aaef9b41d7970892ccacc8dbec2d4b44.jpeg

Ingredients
- [ ] 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- [ ] 1 tablespoon maple Syrup (OR liquid Sweetener)
- [ ] 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce (OR Braggs Liquid Soy Aminos)
- [ ] 1 teaspoon cornstarch (OR Xanthan Gum)
- [ ] 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- [ ] 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- [ ] 3 tablespoons fermented black Beans, roughly chopped
- [ ] 2 green onions, white parts only, chopped
- [ ] 6 cloves garlic, minced
- [ ] 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- [ ] 1 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
- [ ] 2 tablespoons chili bean paste (aka Doubanjiang)
- [ ] 1 (14 ounce) container silken tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- [ ] 1 tablespoon chili oil
- [ ] 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- [ ] 3 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- [ ] 1 tablespoon sesame seeds

Directions

1. Mix vegetable broth, maple syrup, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a bowl.
2. Heat peanut oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, black beans, green onions, garlic, ginger, and Sichuan peppercorns. Sauté until aromatic, about 1 minute. Add chilli bean paste and the soy sauce mixture. Cook and stir until thick, 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Add tofu; cook until heated through, about 1 minute more.
4. Transfer cooked tofu to a serving dish; drizzle chilli oil and sesame oil on top. Top with chopped peanuts & sesame seeds

Ok, you guys got me jonesing for asian. And I'm literally out of all fresh veggies right now until I can get my ass to the store to shop a big shop. Ugh. So I made the equivalent of "stone soup" with lc fried rice. And remember, almost no ACTUALLY AUTHENTIC asian ingredients were harmed in the making of this dish. LOL.

This is for one serving (the macros). I will post the pic of the dish with recipe over in the Meal Prep thread to give some love to it. It makes 4 servings of 1 cup each + fried egg if you make one. You don't need to top it with an egg, I just did to up the Protein for the meal a bit. But you could also add more egg whites, or tofu, or more chicken/shrimp to up the protein as well.

chicken-shrimp-fried-rice_5154.thumb.JPG.1b0eea08757bb85630fbb6909b8c9adc.JPG chicken-shrimp-fried-rice_5155.thumb.JPG.d5b6e87d797971b7b0a87b7cc304332b.JPG chicken-shrimp-fried-rice_5158.thumb.JPG.49964041faae82abbec06f489154dbad.JPG

image.png.5d8e2baca4e2eddd69e430da0290378c.png

This is for 1 cup of fried rice with an egg cooked with just a spritz of olive oil spray.

Totals: 184 calories; 18g protein; 8g fat; 7g carbs; 2g fiber; 5g net carbs (plus I had a cup of the broth that I used to steep the shrimp before hand with a couple of drops of sesame oil and Sriracha but those tallies aren't in here.)

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

And remember, almost no ACTUALLY AUTHENTIC asian ingredients were harmed in the making of this dish. LOL

hahahhahha...

This looks reeeeaaaaaalllly good.

I have yet to find shiratake rice in person in any of the groceries I've been to. I may have to resort to ordering online :(

8 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

hahahhahha...

This looks reeeeaaaaaalllly good.

I have yet to find shiratake rice in person in any of the groceries I've been to. I may have to resort to ordering online :(

This is where I get them. They often have BOGO specials on them. :) I love the Vitacost brand of them. And love the vitacost brand of Peanut Butter Slim too.

image.png.39a83ce367c7e2e33cdff1673fae9dd2.png

Special shout out to @FluffyChix who gave me some ideas on what to do with all my Protein Powder.

I give you: chocolate Protein Powder Microwave Mug Cake w/ whipped cream

This cake is surprisingly filling! I ate it too fast I guess and realized this too late. Oopsies. I ate less than 1/2 and was done. The Kid had a couple bites of it too to taste, and even though she is not a fan of chocolate cake, she said she "woudn't spit it out". High praise from a dessert connoisseur. LOLOLzz

Next time I will use almond flour instead of coconut flour, as it was a tiny bit too coconut-y tasting to me. Also, it is sooooo much better when it is warm and right out of the microwave. Once it gets to room temp it becomes kinda meh.

348 cals - 34g protein - 12g NET carbs - 15g fat
** if you use sugar-free chocolate chips and lose the whipped cream, you can save yourself 100 cals and 7g Net carbs total.

7CED48AA-4558-47A9-BF38-E9B5BEB32811.thumb.jpg.8233808966e6935c96fe3070526b7a3f.jpg IMG_E6B2B8FDBE60-1.thumb.jpeg.34aebe13a0ab6fc0474d4a0339b73e6e.jpeg