Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

11 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

One word: Meatlube

:)

aka gravy and sauces. If you have issues getting meat to move quietly through your pouch, it can really help! ((hugs))

No, this is a life long problem. It goes down just fine... The rest 😥. I just can't digest red meat/game well since childhood. Lamb/goat is the gentler of the offenders 😥 lately I've been dealing with the fallout because who cares if I ****my pants anymore 😝

It was one of the main reasons I was a vegetarian for so long (plus I dont really love chicken)

Oh...and I hate gravy/sauces/dressings 😳 which is why y'all almost never see me talk about them unless it's a large recipe I'm making for more that just me.

Meatlube... Should be M*******

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

18 hours ago, Healthy_life2 said:

My first attempt cooking lamb. It could be the recipe, the the taste was off. Gave it to my hubby.20191015_181740.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

I saw this post last night and my mouth literally watered. So I went to costco this morning and bought a boneless leg roast that I'm gonna make for tomorrow night...yummmmmmmm

Meal of the Moment: I love me some salad

Romaine lettuce + vinaigrette + 4oz grilled chicken + 2.5oz gala apple

161 cals - 19.2g protein - 11.0g NET carbs - 3.6g fat

Ate it all (and drank the remaining vinaigrette out of the container when no one was looking...shhhhh)

IMG_5887.thumb.jpg.0a6e23d2d82025aa5d244aa4ab59b630.jpg

Edited by ms.sss

On 10/18/2019 at 12:31 PM, ms.sss said:

Meal of the Moment: I love me some salad

Romaine lettuce + vinaigrette + 4oz grilled chicken + 2.5oz gala apple

161 cals - 19.2g protein - 11.0g NET carbs - 3.6g fat

Ate it all (and drank the remaining vinaigrette out of the container when no one was looking...shhhhh)

IMG_5887.thumb.jpg.0a6e23d2d82025aa5d244aa4ab59b630.jpg

This looks delicious! What kind of vinaigrette did you make?

5 hours ago, MusicalKate13 said:

Meal prep today! Crockpot Doro Wat with brown rice rotini 20191019_200345.jpeg

Sent from my SM-J727R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Meal prep mania ! I just did a meal prep too then went to a party and came home with plates of food. 😥😂

17 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

This looks delicious! What kind of vinaigrette did you make?

It's my go to vinaigrette (I make 1L batches of the stuff).

I think I've posted the recipe a couple times already on this thread, but here it is again anyway :)

1 tbsp = 6 cals, 0.2g Protein, 0.3g NET carbs, 0.6g fat

*NOTE 1: the label below for chicken broth mix reads "15g (1 tsp) chicken broth mix", but go by the 15g (which is actually 3 tsps)

*NOTE 2: often I squeeze some fresh lemon on top of the entire salad for more "freshness"

image.thumb.png.16c1e9997c0f26b3eb1b2cfa64a6da75.png

@ms.sss Thanks for sharing this. What's the "all purpose liquid soy seasoning"? Is it just soy sauce?

19 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

@ms.sss Thanks for sharing this. What's the "all purpose liquid soy seasoning"? Is it just soy sauce?

It’s a low/no-carb “soy sauce alternative”:

5167578F-2B50-4AE6-B7FA-29B14F51695A.thumb.jpeg.e629e17310a2c48355a85c3875371eb4.jpeg 39D62121-C753-405B-B0B6-FAEE0A493198.thumb.jpeg.6ab5611ee580f330aa59083abd4109d9.jpeg

21 hours ago, ms.sss said:

It's my go to vinaigrette (I make 1L batches of the stuff).

I think I've posted the recipe a couple times already on this thread, but here it is again anyway :)

1 tbsp = 6 cals, 0.2g Protein, 0.3g NET carbs, 0.6g fat

*NOTE 1: the label below for chicken broth mix reads "15g (1 tsp) chicken broth mix", but go by the 15g (which is actually 3 tsps)

*NOTE 2: often I squeeze some fresh lemon on top of the entire salad for more "freshness"

image.thumb.png.16c1e9997c0f26b3eb1b2cfa64a6da75.png

This sounds realllyyyyyy good I'm going to try it! Believe it or not, I've never tried chicken broth before. What kind do you use? Or are you referring to the chicken flavor powder?

Edited by MarvelGirl25

57 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

This sounds realllyyyyyy good I'm going to try it! Believe it or not, I've never tried chicken broth before. What kind do you use? Or are you referring to the chicken flavor powder?

Its the chicken broth powder. The original recipe called for a cup of actual low-sodium chicken broth, but I don’t always have it on hand so I use the powder (which i always have) and a cup of Water ;) .

4 hours ago, ms.sss said:

It’s a low/no-carb “soy sauce alternative”:

5167578F-2B50-4AE6-B7FA-29B14F51695A.thumb.jpeg.e629e17310a2c48355a85c3875371eb4.jpeg 39D62121-C753-405B-B0B6-FAEE0A493198.thumb.jpeg.6ab5611ee580f330aa59083abd4109d9.jpeg

I think here in the US it is "Liquid Aminos" by the same companies, I bought some when HEB was out of the gluten free soy sauce and used it in a stir fry.

074305000324-1-1498768622.jpg?w=2000

Do the Braggs' Soy Aminos taste like regular Tamari?

17 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Do the Braggs' Soy Aminos taste like regular Tamari?

I've never tasted Tamari, but Braggs' taste like regular old soy sauce to me.

Thanks!! :)

Tamari tastes just like regular old soy too. :)