Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

10 hours ago, MusicalKate13 said:

recipes? !

Sent from my SM-J727R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Gladly! Both are mashups of a two or three different recipes. Obviously, tweak as suits your tastes. The chicken has lots of spices, but isn't spicy.

Moroccan Grilled Chicken

• ¼ cup olive oil
  • 2-3 garlic cloves grated or finely chopped
  • 2 teaspoon ground paprika
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon ground coriander
  • ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
  • ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
  • ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional (I used a few dashes tabasco because I was out of cayenne)
  • zest and juice of half a lemon
  • 1 (20-ounce) package boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I did 8 chicken thighs)

In a glass/plastic bowl with a lid, or in a Ziploc bag, combine all the ingredients except the chicken and whisk until well combined. Add chicken to marinade and toss to coat thoroughly. Allow to marinate in the fridge for 2-8 hours (I did 6 hours and it was great). Allow meat to come back to room temp, remove from marinade and pat dry. Grill on medium high for 3-4 minutes a side, until well browned and cooked through. For an added bonus, grill the other half of the lemon, cut side down, and then squeeze the juice over the meat before serving.

Tabbouleh

• 2 bunches flat leaf/Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
  • 1/2 bunch mint leaves (remove stems), coarsely chopped
  • 4 green onions, sliced thin
  • 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • zest and juice of 2 lemons
  • 2 cloves garlic, grated or finally chopped
  • 1 cup farro
  • 1 english cucumber, diced
  • 2 medium/1 large Tomato, diced
  • salt and pepper to taste

Cook farro in a pot of salted boiling Water according to package directions (takes about 45 minutes for the kind I use, but some take as little as 20 minutes). Drain and set aside. In a large bowl combine parsley, mint, green onions, red onion, cucumber, and tomato. In a small jar combine olive oil, lemon, garlic, salt, and pepper. shake to combine. When farro has cooled slightly, add to herb and veg mix. Toss with dressing. Can be served warm, room temp, or cold.

Both recipes made a ton of food, and managed to satisfy my hubs and summer-hungry wee-lings. I hope you like them.

Gladly! Both are mashups of a two or three different recipes. Obviously, tweak as suits your tastes. The chicken has lots of spices, but isn't spicy.
Moroccan Grilled Chicken
  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • 2-3 garlic cloves grated or finely chopped
  • 2 teaspoon ground paprika
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon ground coriander
  • ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
  • ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
  • ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional (I used a few dashes tabasco because I was out of cayenne)
  • zest and juice of half a lemon
  • 1 (20-ounce) package boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I did 8 chicken thighs)
In a glass/plastic bowl with a lid, or in a Ziploc bag, combine all the ingredients except the chicken and whisk until well combined. Add chicken to marinade and toss to coat thoroughly. Allow to marinate in the fridge for 2-8 hours (I did 6 hours and it was great). Allow meat to come back to room temp, remove from marinade and pat dry. Grill on medium high for 3-4 minutes a side, until well browned and cooked through. For an added bonus, grill the other half of the lemon, cut side down, and then squeeze the juice over the meat before serving.
Tabbouleh
  • 2 bunches flat leaf/Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
  • 1/2 bunch mint leaves (remove stems), coarsely chopped
  • 4 green onions, sliced thin
  • 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • zest and juice of 2 lemons
  • 2 cloves garlic, grated or finally chopped
  • 1 cup farro
  • 1 english cucumber, diced
  • 2 medium/1 large Tomato, diced
  • salt and pepper to taste
Cook farro in a pot of salted boiling Water according to package directions (takes about 45 minutes for the kind I use, but some take as little as 20 minutes). Drain and set aside. In a large bowl combine parsley, mint, green onions, red onion, cucumber, and Tomato. In a small jar combine olive oil, lemon, garlic, salt, and pepper. shake to combine. When farro has cooled slightly, add to herb and veg mix. Toss with dressing. Can be served warm, room temp, or cold.
Both recipes made a ton of food, and managed to satisfy my hubs and summer-hungry wee-lings. I hope you like them.
Love it! I'll have to try it once I'm not drowning in leftovers haha

1 hour ago, MusicalKate13 said:

Love it! I'll have to try it once I'm not drowning in leftovers haha

It has been my experience that you will be drowning in leftovers for the rest of your life! 😉

Haddock and steamed vegetables. It's from dennys because it was the only open restaurant with food I could eat in the town we were in. Before and after 20190704_160040.jpeg 20190704_161242.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

It has been my experience that you will be drowning in leftovers for the rest of your life! [emoji6]
Lol this is true, which is why I freeze them in 4 oz portions. But that "individual" pizza, the omelette I got for Breakfast, the double scoop of ice cream all won't travel 3 hours in a car well. Pizza for dayzzzzz

3 hours ago, summerset said:

Looks boring but it's going to be a keeper: self made batch of tzatziki using Alpro Skyr.

IMG_4425.JPG

Ooooo any specific recipe?

9 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Ooooo any specific recipe?

Nope, but I guess this could be from a cookbook called "The Lazy Bachelor (age 20-25)".

1 400 g pot Alpro Skyr style

1 cucumber (not too big)

fresh garlic to taste

spice mix "Tzatziki" to taste

Cut cucumber very small or grate it not too fine, press garlic, mix everything together and let sit for at least an hour.

ETA: don't use too much cucumber or it will get too runny, even when using a very thick yoghurt (substitute)

Edited by summerset

Something came to mind regarding the Tzatziki: before I had to quit dairy I used to use either a really thick greek yoghurt or Quark or a mix of both so it would be kind of thick despite the watery cucumber.

Ina Garten aka Barefoot Contessa has a great tip for cucumbers in tzatziki. Grate them on a clean kitchen towel and squeeze hard to remove most of the liquid. Works like a charm. She has another recipe I never tried, in this one she salts the grated cucumber and leaves it in a sieve for a few hours to drain.

Tzatziki recipe

Edited by Cheeseburgh