Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

15 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

First Meal of the Day:

I had leftovers from last nights dinner I made for the fam: Grilled cabbage steaks topped with blue cheese, bacon & green onion. There were asparagus and soft boiled egg sides, but there were no leftovers of those this morning. (I didn't eat any myself last night because I was working on the leftovers of a salad all day)

The first picture is of the cabbage steaks and asparagus on the grill (because you can't really see the cabbage in the plated dishes)

The second picture is the original of the dish that Mr. and the Kid ate yesterday

The third pic (not as pretty) is what I portioned out for myself today, I added some leftover grilled chicken to the meal. Ate about 1/2 of it and then Mr. swooped by and ate the rest before I could take an after picture 🙄. (So the MFP data should really be cut in half, but I'm too lazy to fix it right now...)

IMG_2338.jpg.d4dc8bab46abb652c40c369da222a51c.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2350.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 1.44.23 PM.png

I just bought cabbage last night to try cabbage steaks! Is this a skinnytaste recipe or one you made up?

3 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I just bought cabbage last night to try cabbage steaks! Is this a skinnytaste recipe or one you made up?

I saw it first in a food magazine at the dr.'s office a while back...I just subbed the marinade with my own homemade low-cal version.

Next time though I will make the cabbage pieces smaller (maybe cut them in wedges instead), because the best part is the outer well-done areas, and the middle of the steaks ended up not as charred.

46 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

I saw it first in a food magazine at the dr.'s office a while back...I just subbed the marinade with my own homemade low-cal version.

Next time though I will make the cabbage pieces smaller (maybe cut them in wedges instead), because the best part is the outer well-done areas, and the middle of the steaks ended up not as charred.

How did you keep them in the wedges, without them falling apart into coleslaw?

24 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

How did you keep them in the wedges, without them falling apart into coleslaw?

I left the stem on and made sure that each slice had a bit of stem so it stayed together. For the outer-most slices (which had no stem attached to them at all) Just had to flip with a little more care, but they stayed together pretty much because I cut it so that those end pieces looked like a stack of leaves (easier to flip this way)

My dietician cleared me to try small bits of whatever Proteins because I’ve had no issues yet. And tiny bits avocado, etc. I’ve been going to the fancy schmancy grocery store and getting things from the salad/hot food bar. They are much better cooks than I am, and it’s fulfilling my want for flavor and variety after a month of Protein Shakes and whatnot.

Today I had tiny bits of: meatball, salami, tempeh, tofu, edamame, and mushroom, with a smidge of blue cheese on top. It felt very decadent.

1C6C7FB2-EFA3-4F46-8A20-AA4E2E24FDF6.jpeg

While not strictly a before and after, I did some meal prep for the week and I'm excited! I know these are all variations of brown mush, but they are yummy brown mush.

In the middle I have chocolate Peanut Butter overnight oats. All approved by my RD. 1/4 cup servings all around. When I'm able, I'll reduce the amount of oats and add in chia seeds like I did before surgery.

The bowl on the left is Asian inspired ground turkey (onion & garlic powders, dried ginger, five spice powder, a splash of soy sauce, and some chicken stock).

The bowl on the right is tex-mex inspired ground turkey (onion & garlic powder, ground cumin, coriander, chili powder, chipotle powder, Tomato paste and some chicken stock).

I'm so excited to be cooking again, and to be trying different things!20190601_141246.thumb.jpeg.f31670f512e3b0ae090620ddc0172388.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

Those grilled cabbage steaks look AMAZING! I’m saving that one for when I can eat all the veggies again.

7 hours ago, ms.sss said:

First Meal of the Day:

I had leftovers from last nights dinner I made for the fam: Grilled cabbage steaks topped with blue cheese, bacon & green onion. There were asparagus and soft boiled egg sides, but there were no leftovers of those this morning. (I didn't eat any myself last night because I was working on the leftovers of a salad all day)

The first picture is of the cabbage steaks and asparagus on the grill (because you can't really see the cabbage in the plated dishes)

The second picture is the original of the dish that Mr. and the Kid ate yesterday

The third pic (not as pretty) is what I portioned out for myself today, I added some leftover grilled chicken to the meal. Ate about 1/2 of it and then Mr. swooped by and ate the rest before I could take an after picture 🙄. (So the MFP data should really be cut in half, but I'm too lazy to fix it right now...)

IMG_2338.jpg.d4dc8bab46abb652c40c369da222a51c.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2350.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 1.44.23 PM.png

OMG, I'm fasting right now and this made me want to lick the screen. That looks SO GOOD.

Taco-stuffed mushrooms, no afters

IMAG1437.thumb.jpg.3ca091093a037326e85d944e2d7bb0ff.jpg
Oooo... that looks so yummy!

13 minutes ago, MrsGamgee said:

Oooo... that looks so yummy!

Thanks, they were. Great use of leftover taco meat and cooked in the air fryer.

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

That looks amazing! What type of mushrooms?

Just large button mushrooms. I think I'd try baby portobellos next time so that there's a bit more room for filling!

Okay so I made 2 brunches for myself just now : 1 scrambled egg, one piece of bacon and some salsa. Immediately divided into 2 servings.
I was almost able to finish serving #1, but since it’s still before noon, my sleeve just can’t hold very much this early in the day.

image-0.00691413879394531.jpg

image-0.0019073486328125.jpg