Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

On 02/26/2019 at 13:52, GreenTealael said:

Handmade Vegetarian eggrolls at the request of *someone* lol

These things are massive because I'm lazy and didn't want to make 27384826385 of them that come in the pack.

So I used two sheets per roll and stuffed them with about a cup of sauteed cabbage/carrot mix each.

I pan fried them in a lightly oil skillet. No deep frying necessary.

Success.

I guesstimate they are around 200-300 cals each.

Of course I tried one and it almost took me out of the game. Lol I had to split it between Iunch and dinner. The person I made it for could only eat one (with a bowl of homemade vegetarian Tonkotsu ramen) so they maybe big for regular gastro-anatomy folks too

I could see these being stuffed with tons of great fillings.

20190226_074345.jpg

This looks amazing 🤤

13 minutes ago, RoRoKitty said:
On 2/26/2019 at 7:52 AM, GreenTealael said:

Handmade Vegetarian eggrolls at the request of *someone* lol

These things are massive because I'm lazy and didn't want to make 27384826385 of them that come in the pack.

So I used two sheets per roll and stuffed them with about a cup of sauteed cabbage/carrot mix each.

I pan fried them in a lightly oil skillet. No deep frying necessary.

Success.

I guesstimate they are around 200-300 cals each.

Of course I tried one and it almost took me out of the game. Lol I had to split it between Iunch and dinner. The person I made it for could only eat one (with a bowl of homemade vegetarian Tonkotsu ramen) so they maybe big for regular gastro-anatomy folks too

I could see these being stuffed with tons of great fillings.

20190226_074345.jpg

This looks amazing 🤤

They are a pretty amazing substitute to the deepfried nonsense

My favorite takeout meal, carnitas tacos! This is the after - I just eat the filling. These 3 will last me 3-4 meals depending if I add any veggies in. I like to make a lime slaw to go with it:

Thinly sliced Napa cabbage & cilantro with dressing of: zest & juice of 3 limes, pinch salt, 2T olive oil, tiny squirt liquid splenda. I like to dress it about an hour before I eat it so it can slightly soften the cabbage. Great for meal prep because cabbage is so sturdy

20190301_113910.jpg

I've read through this whole thread - it's great! I was just wondering though, did you ever make the Everything Bagels @GreenTealael ?

31 minutes ago, froufrou said:

I've read through this whole thread - it's great! I was just wondering though, did you ever make the Everything Bagels @GreenTealael ?

No not yet, i just recently got the seasonings from Trader Joe's. I may try this coming week! Thanks for the ❤❤❤

3 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

No not yet, i just recently got the seasonings from Trader Joe's. I may try this coming week! Thanks for the ❤❤❤

I can't wait to see the results! I also love your food choices. I'm vegetarian (have been since birth and I'm 49 now) - and they are really inspiring. Oh, I meant to ask... where do you buy hazelnut oil? I might have to try out the Braggs Amino acids - I haven't ever used it, I always use Marmite to make my dishes 'meaty'. I LOVE Marmite with a little butter on a Ryvita with cucumber on top. Yum.

Edited by froufrou

1 hour ago, froufrou said:

I can't wait to see the results! I also love your food choices. I'm vegetarian (have been since birth and I'm 49 now) - and they are really inspiring. Oh, I meant to ask... where do you buy hazelnut oil? I might have to try out the Braggs Amino acids - I haven't ever used it, I always use Marmite to make my dishes 'meaty'. I LOVE Marmite with a little butter on a Ryvita with cucumber on top. Yum.

Thank you!!!! I think i bought the hazelnut oil at a local co-op, sorry :( but braggs is everywhere

Im not fully vegetarian anymore more like flexible. But very soon.

Tired of drinking your Protein? ??

Not a new concept but i present

Protein Waffles

Protein Powder, baking soda, egg, Water & faith lol

Add ins are Super customizable... Except the faith... You need that for these to work lol

20190301_173534.jpg

20190301_173604.jpg

20190301_173406.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

Oh wow, they look good! Can't wait till I can eat solids again.

Do any of you know any Protein powder that isn't whey based that you can cook with?

Also, have any of you cooked cloud bread before? I tried it once - wasn't bad!

Edit: Here's a recipe https://www.aspicyperspective.com/best-cloud-bread-recipe/

Edited by froufrou

4 hours ago, froufrou said:

Oh wow, they look good! Can't wait till I can eat solids again.

Do any of you know any Protein powder that isn't whey based that you can cook with?

Also, have any of you cooked cloud bread before? I tried it once - wasn't bad!

Edit: Here's a recipe https://www.aspicyperspective.com/best-cloud-bread-recipe/

There are the vegan ones like Vega and the egg Protein powders but i haven't tried cooking with either yet...

Cherry tomatoes, Scrambled eggs and a mushroom and zucchini stir-fry to which I added some garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper. Very nom. 20190302_140536.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

21 hours ago, Naughty Glitter Goddess said:

My favorite takeout meal, carnitas tacos! This is the after - I just eat the filling. These 3 will last me 3-4 meals depending if I add any veggies in. I like to make a lime slaw to go with it:

Thinly sliced Napa cabbage & cilantro with dressing of: zest & juice of 3 limes, pinch salt, 2T olive oil, tiny squirt liquid splenda. I like to dress it about an hour before I eat it so it can slightly soften the cabbage. Great for meal prep because cabbage is so sturdy

20190301_113910.jpg

Looks amazing

2 hours ago, ummyasmin said:

Cherry tomatoes, Scrambled eggs and a mushroom and zucchini stir-fry to which I added some garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper. Very nom. 20190302_140536.jpeg

Looks so good!

Looks so good!
So good and just perfect amount for me. I over - salted re veggies a bit but I'm trying to eat more salt coz hypotension thingy. I'm not used to salty food.

Air fried chicken and asparagus hysteria with a little panko and olive oil that was misted on