Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

Been working at coffee shops last couple of days and am finding some real gems for lunch! It's nice to mix it up sometimes instead of just eating my same old routine foods. That being said, I get so nervous when I eat new foods now because I'm not sure what hidden sugar is in there or how it's going to agree with me. I used to be so adventurous! [emoji24] But look where that got me...
This is an amazing kale salad with marinated chickpeas, pistachios, avocado and a yogurt-harissa dressing. It was fantastic!!! Did not take an after photo - I was elbow to elbow in a hipster coffee joint and it was making me self-conscious.
But I ate the majority of the chickpeas, all the avocado and some of the kale. No bread.< br>20190213_121905.thumb.jpg.25e67618e9509667bd89197d53ff42f6.jpg
Ooooh I world totally order that. I wonder what the chickpeas were marinated in.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Doesn't happen often but I *think* I'm giving something up on permanently post surgery... Can you guess what?
IMG_0790.JPG.a8b54546cc90ea6c459d054645f3c2e4.JPG
[emoji79] Why? For the love of Pete, can't you have one nice thing?

Post valentine breakfast! Protein pancake with cottage cheese, half spoon of sugar free raspberry marmalade and blueberries :)

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

Semi gluten free flat breads!

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Coconut , Almond and Wheat flours (1:1:1ratio) , xanthum gum, baking powder, stevia, olive oil, water... Pan fired/toasted/fried depending on amount of oil/type of pan used.

I had to use some traditional flour because I need to perfect the measurements/consistency and to roll them

Very happy with results. I could easily see replacing the wheat with unflavored Protein and it working! Testing soon...

Thanks @ummyasmin for the inspiration. I love substitutions!!!

💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟

IMG_20190215_140036.jpg

34 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Coconut , Almond and Wheat flours (1:1:1ratio) , xanthum gum, baking powder, stevia, olive oil, water... Pan fired/toasted/fried depending on amount of oil/type of pan used.

I had to use some traditional flour because I need to perfect the measurements/consistency and to roll them

Very happy with results. I could easily see replacing the wheat with unflavored Protein and it working! Testing soon...

Thanks @ummyasmin for the inspiration. I love substitutions!!!

💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟

IMG_20190215_140036.jpg

Those look amazzzzzing!

Southern Fried Tofu

Super firm organic tofu, cornstarch, spices, Bragg's liquid aminos, oil.

I had to quickly cook 3 bars before they went bad. These should freeze well.

Two styles:

super crispy and regular.

They taste like fried chicken (but I'm biased I was a vegan before) spices are key here

IMG_20190215_172710.jpg

IMG_20190215_171126_708.jpg

Because it's 12 little nice things... Time to tighten up again!

[emoji738]

I can't talk. There has never been a half-full biscuit packet I haven't ravaged.

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]
Thanks [mention=348975]ummyasmin[/mention] for the inspiration. I love substitutions!!!
[emoji738][emoji738][emoji738][emoji738][emoji738][emoji738][emoji738][emoji738][emoji738][emoji738][emoji738][emoji738][emoji738][emoji738][emoji738]
IMG_20190215_140036.thumb.jpg.863c138848d26c0028075932f07bc319.jpg
Oooooooh they look gooooood

I can't talk. There has never been a half-full biscuit packet I haven't ravaged.

Hahaha!!!! Plus they are so sense that the spark dumping symptoms from time to time and I can never tell when. So they had to go. The new owner loved them

[emoji738]

They are! I'm going to try to get it right with totally gluten/wheat free flours soon

[emoji738]

I think the xanthan gum really helps with consistency!

1 hour ago, ummyasmin said:

I think the xanthan gum really helps with consistency!

Thank you! I'm going to try again soon and completely from almond & coconut flour for my sister. She is on a medical administered diet and wants dessert really really badly

Edited by GreenTealael

I used to make a lot of gluten free single (or near) serving low carb breads and "protein mug/cake". Here's the recipe index. You might like them. They were pretty awesome tasting. Not necessarily the best for weight loss for me personally, but I maintained like a champ with 'em!

http://fluffychixcook.com/recipes/recipe-index/

Keto chocolate Cake: http://fluffychixcook.com/keto-chocolate-cake/

image.thumb.png.18ed5995333cdf7f77f3fc08be5364e8.png