Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"No one post anymore"...January sleevers where r u?

Just a check in to keep myself encouraged and encourage others..

Sleeved on Jan 19th

Surgery weight 244

Current weight 179

Goal weight 170..

Praise God just broke a 4 week or longer stall. Workout at least 3 times 30-45mins. Still battle old bad food habits, sometimes I give in but I still try to balance staying under 1000 calories and not over do it. Just enough to satisfy the craving. But overall it's coming along. If i can get my Water intake and Protein intake higher I will be Rolling along beautifully. Oh yeh..btw major Hair loss but I've cried my last tear over that area...looking forward to the new growth with the aid of Vitamins and proper hair car. Hope everyone's coming along and PUSHING

I am a January.. Sleeved on 31st.

Preop weight was 261, now I am 213. My goal is 170 as well.

To be honest, I thought I would have lost more by now, but I have had a few hurdles along the way. I have kidney failure, take major immunosuppresives (think Prednisone but worse) and have been knocked around by a couple of kidney infections in the last 2 months. Not what you want when your kidneys aren't working properly.

So I have chronic anaemia because of the kidney failure. It's not dietary, my Iron stores are fine. It's related to my bone marrow and the drugs. Anyway, all of this means that I get very tired, so exercise is nearly impossible. Walking up our stairs at home wipes me out.

But imagine how much worse I would feel if I was still carrying an extra 50 lbs around! I will be happy if I can get down to at least 180 by the end of the year. I have decided it's not a race, and it will happen, just more slowly.

The only benefit of having to be at the hospital so often and having my blood taken every 2 weeks (I feel like a pin cushion!) is that I know my numbers exactly. I think my diet is pretty good, but my renal doctor is trying to balance my high Protein diet, with the extra stress that places on kidneys. So I have to stay under 50g protein which is ok. I have to keep my hydration up, and I sip all day long from a measured sports bottle so I know how much I have had. I have to take Vitamin and mineral supplements anyway, and I have been fortunate not to have ANY loose skin or Hair loss. That might be just because the weight is coming off more slowly.

Anyway, I have just been started on weekly EPO injections to try and improve my anaemia and fatigue. Hopefully then I can start some gentle walking and light weights. Cause at the moment, a grandma of 90 is fitter than me!

@Saxons inspite of all that's happened I think you're doing great almost 50 pounds. All the more you're doing awesome considering the health issues...you sound like a true warrior/fighter. I applaud you humbly. Well as we continue this weight journey I pray everything continues to line up and you heal wonderfully in Jesus name. WE WILL healthy GET TO OUR GOAL WEIGHT...as you said its not a race.

[mention=333757]Saxons[/mention] inspite of all that's happened I think you're doing great almost 50 pounds. All the more you're doing awesome considering the health issues...you sound like a true warrior/fighter. I applaud you humbly. Well as we continue this weight journey I pray everything continues to line up and you heal wonderfully in Jesus name. WE WILL healthy GET TO OUR GOAL WEIGHT...as you said its not a race.
Sorry for the very late reply, but thank you! Since the end of July, I have only managed to lose another 10 pounds, so I am now 203. We did go to Europe on a cruise for a month, and I definitely ate and drank too much. So I was kind of happy that at least I didn't put ON weight during September. I am dying to get under 200 before the New Year. My renal failure is a bit worse, but the physicians think that could be because I was still taking blood pressure medication. Now that I have lost 60lbs, the medication is too strong for me and making me dizzy and faint. That means that I also probably wasn't getting enough blood flow to my kidneys. They have taken me off the meds and we will see if it improves things.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Howdy @Saxons, so nice hearing from a January 2018. person, that's about the time I cam onto Bariatric Pal, when I was aquaking "newbee" now I had my RNY finally,in September 2018, l9sing weight but not doing great. That said, hang around a while longer, all these new January 2019 seekers could use a veterans advice and confidence!

Hi ...having surgery Jan 12, 2019...did you EVER take Biotin for the Hair loss. I think I am going to start taking it as soon as I come back to the U.S....I don't want my hair or teeth to fall out.

2 hours ago, MONA H. said:

Hi ...having surgery Jan 12, 2019...did you EVER take Biotin for the Hair loss. I think I am going to start taking it as soon as I come back to the U.S....I don't want my hair or teeth to fall out.

No, I didn't take Biotin specifically, but I took (and still take) a high quality Multivitamin every day. It has biotin in it. Fortunately I didn't suffer any Hair loss at all. I also haven't suffered any loose skin or stretch marks, but I do think that's just the luck of having good genes. Never had any problems during pregnancies either, and I stacked on the pounds and lost them then as well.

I think I would like to get the hair, sk8n, nails formula I saw at W-M recently.