Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The difference is amazing so far

The first two days I didn't say it, but mentally I wont even lie, I was regretting my decision.

I was in a lot of pain the first two days. I maxed out every medication I could take. Usually I have a very high tolerance for pain - except when it comes to stomach issues. I've never dealt with stomach issues very well. I found it difficult to watch or listen to the TV and I didn't want to move from the bed. I was kept an extra night because of it.

I was walking in short bursts, but realized that walking was the best thing for me. I know they tell you that but at the time it kinda feels like they are pushing you to start exercising when you feel like you're not in the state of mind to do it. I was WRONG.

Walking was the best medicine. Once I got up and moved around, i started feeling better. I made several laps around my floor at the hospital every hour the last day I was there. The walking helped get rid of the air, which is honestly the worst part of it all and seems to cause the most discomfort. If I had forced myself to start walking sooner I may have been home a day earlier.

My point is, listen to them when they say it helps. It does, I promise. The difference in the way I feel is night and day. Its amazing!

I'm home now, trying to get on a routine so things feel more normal. I am taking my heparin injections and medications and then walking. It seems to help them go down and work faster. I am able to eat a whole Popsicle and I am able to tolerate Jello and liquids beautifully. I am on the up and up and I am feeling better by the hour. I am so grateful I was able to get this done. I was 312 on Friday morning when they weighed me pre-op. I am now at 307, 4 days later. I'm looking forward to a new life of "firsts".

Congratulations. :):lol:B):DB):P;)

Thanks for this post, I have surgery tomorrow morning and have the pre surg jitters. I'll take your advice to heart and walk, walk, walk, Here's to looking forward to a whole new lifestyle and lifetime!

And Smile Smile Smile, for tomorrow the Dream You Having Towards Comes True!😛👍🌈

The first few weeks are rough, but I promise you will love the changes that are coming down the road.

great to hear.... keep it up, its a great journey!

I’m so happy for you!

Good for you....the first couple of days are rough for many of us. Hope you keep your enthusiasm and positive attitude because that helps a lot.

Good luck!!

On 7/23/2018 at 10:50 AM, BeeCat said:

Thanks for this post, I have surgery tomorrow morning and have the pre surg jitters. I'll take your advice to heart and walk, walk, walk, Here's to looking forward to a whole new lifestyle and lifetime!

And sip, sip, sip! I got so sick of people telling me that after surgery, but they were right! Good luck to you!