Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting ready to transition from full liquids to puréed day 18

Hi all. Had sleeve done July 10th. Getting through full liquids pretty easily. Getting ready to start puréed. Any suggestions for first foods I should try?

I started pureed Friday and so far I've tried:

Pureed canned chicken breast with a tiny bit of mayo (still a little dry for me)
Pureed canned salmon with a tiny bit of mayo and dijon mustard (really good)
Pureed egg salad with mayo, dijon, and squirt of Pickle Juice (so good)
Mashed potatoes -- I made the mistake of pureeing them in the food processor and the texture is like wallpaper paste, lol
The old standby cottage cheese
I'm still eating Soups (mostly Tomato and red pepper bisque) with Protein Powder mixed in so I can get a little veggie.

1 minute ago, thatch said:

I started pureed Friday and so far I've tried:

pureed canned chicken breast with a tiny bit of mayo (still a little dry for me)
Pureed canned salmon with a tiny bit of mayo and dijon mustard (really good)
Pureed egg salad with mayo, dijon, and squirt of pickle juice (so good)
Mashed potatoes -- I made the mistake of pureeing them in the food processor and the texture is like wallpaper paste, lol
The old standby cottage cheese
I'm still eating Soups (mostly Tomato and red pepper bisque) with Protein Powder mixed in so I can get a little veggie.

Hi thatch....how did you do with the puréed meats? Did they stay down?

They did stay down, but I can't eat much of them, I think I can manage 2 oz. now, eaten really slowly. I definitely recommend adding something to make them more moist, like yogurt or low-fat mayo.

1 minute ago, thatch said:

They did stay down, but I can't eat much of them, I think I can manage 2 oz. now, eaten really slowly. I definitely recommend adding something to make them more moist, like yogurt or low-fat mayo.

Great. Okay. Good starting points for me. Thanks.

Hope it goes well for you! If you try some interesting recipes, let me know! I'm already getting bored. :P

3 minutes ago, thatch said:

Hope it goes well for you! If you try some interesting recipes, let me know! I'm already getting bored. :P

Thanks. How are you doing with the losing weight?

I've lost 8 pounds since surgery on the 11th, which I'm happy with. I've stopped weighing myself every day so I don't get anxiety about it. Just focusing on getting my Water and Protein in, which I still am struggling with a bit. How about you?

I’ve lost about the same as you. Trying not to be overly vigilant of the scale. I don’t want any added anxiety either. It’s hard enough getting all the Fluids in. Yesterday I didn’t get enough in for sure and I felt weak and didn’t sleep well last night. Drinking more today. I’m also finding that I’m very depressed lately. My emotions have been all over the place since surgery.

I'm sorry you've been feeling depressed. I've been down emotionally this week, too. I know it's normal after surgery but I already have depression so I try to be vigilant about not getting too down in the dumps. I've been keeping a journal and it seems to help a little, letting me vent about how overwhelmed I'm feeling. Please feel free to message me any time if you need to talk, @Letsgetgoing2018. We're in this together. <3

Thanks so much. I do suffer from anxiety and depression. Prior to surgery I weaned off a few meds I was taking for these conditions. I see my md on Saturday. Need to re evaluate need. Thanks for being there. You as well-please reach out if you need someone to talk to. Helps to have someone who understands what you’re going through.

I started my purée/soft foods a few days ago and I have been able to tolerate laughing cow cheese (have not tried it with crackers, which is ok per my list, which seems weird), cottage cheese, and I had an egg this morning. I get sick just thinking about eating more sugar free pudding or Soup. And I ate Beans and tuna.

I also deal with depression and anxiety, so I am trying to figure out my meds after surgery. But when I start feeling sad I force myself to watch a comedy on one of the streaming sites. Restaurant commercials are my enemy.

2 minutes ago, jaksmommy said:

I started my purée/soft foods a few days ago and I have been able to tolerate laughing cow cheese (have not tried it with crackers, which is ok per my list, which seems weird), cottage cheese, and I had an egg this morning. I get sick just thinking about eating more sugar free pudding or Soup. And I ate Beans and tuna.

I also deal with depression and anxiety, so I am trying to figure out my meds after surgery. But when I start feeling sad I force myself to watch a comedy on one of the streaming sites. Restaurant commercials are my enemy.

Hi there. Thank you for your post. I too suffer from anxiety and depression. I kept the same meds except one of mine was extended release and had to be changed to immediate release. Please address that with your doctor ASAP. Yes. Red lobster commercials get me every time. I just ate some salmon and so far so good.

I am 11 day post op and also my emotions are all over the place yesterday was a bad day just was regretting the surgery and just wanted something to eat other than my liquid. So happy to have this forum since my husband can't understand he is very supportive but not the same. It's great to have others in the same journey as I am. I know this is for the best but when I see everyone eating food I am what the h#ll have in done. Looking forward for this week I start puree. Egg, tuna, chicken and shrimp salad (just mixed with a little.light mayo) is in my phase 3 oh and ricotta and cottage cheese. Now let hope my taste buds and new tummy like them. Keep strong we can do it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app