Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marginal/anastomotic ulcer anyone?

And Good and Good Healing, I wish THAT for everyone but especially US. The Stricture/Ulcer wars do tire a body out!😧

Just an update: still having intermittent severe abdominal pain in spite of 5 months of compounded Prilosec twice a day, max Pepcid, and Carafate. My surgeon said I should have healed after two months so I got another scope today (my 3rd since May). My ulcer has healed on the inside. He said I may have an ulcer on the outside of the cuff which would need a revision=big darn deal. I could have an abscess touching the liver which has a lot of pain receptors. Or I could have a stricture (scarring) which would be an easy fix. I am hoping for easy. He said to switch to Dexilant and continue Pepcid and just see how I do.
I was just "tentatively" diagnosed with an ulcer. I am only 15 days from surgery. It is right where my esophagus meets my new stomach. I am utterly miserable. Endoscopy Monday... I am on Pepcid and Carafate, but today I also started vomiting everything I tried to eat, except Water. Had I suspected I would be one of the few to get this, I would have never had the surgery. Took my chances and lost.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

I can honestly say if I had read this thread before surgery I probably would not have gone forward with mine.....😞

Praying for fast healing for all 🙏🙏🙏

Marginal ulcer confirmed right along the staple line where my stomach and intestine meet. Not nearly as gnarly looking as yours, though. :( On Carafate for 30 days and Pepcid for 3 months. I hope it isn't recurrent! No clue how long it'll take to heal. It is what it is, I suppose. Just gotta keep moving on...

5, Darlin' I have 5 evil Stripe the Gremlin-type along with Hector, my original Gizmo, quiet and not making more trouble in the other, not -so -connected portion. See I went in with gastritis and Hector at the beginning of this farce. I should have been on Carafate from the beginning, not had to wait until a month had elapsed, We Are playing Catch-Up now.
I'm not going Friday, can't be seen until a week from tomorrow at 8 AM, apparently Dr Noria is taking herself a little Holiday for Thanksgiving, ours not hers, she graduated University in Toronto, so she belongs still to Royal College of Surgeons as well as the American ones.
And I don't know if I emotionally can keep going biweekly into 2019. How much longer until they threaten or do open surgeries?
Maybe I NEVER WILL BE truly well again, what a ROTTEN finale to my story that will be!😷😟😪😥

I. Think I have something my stomach hurts so bad not my pouch but just above the belly button a bit higher but seems like an awful cramp idk if I should go to er or would it be consolation? Plus on top I’ve had oral thrush for 6 weeks and an awful smell in my nose I really regret this surgery right now

Sounds more like lower bowel pain than our evil ulcer friends. You could have thrush bacteria irritating your colon, have you been going #2 frequently enough? Smell in nose could be the fact you are now starting to burn off those fat reserves. I have had such a bad taste I swore somebody was going to smell it and make nasty remarks. Your thrush meds could have also killed off your good bowel bacteria, maybe start Probiotics? Just a few of my thoughts. And I don't regret my surgeries, endoscopy and all, I regret the way my body is acting.😪😟😪

No I don’t go #2 at all I used Miralax and that worked once to go but on my own no I’m 7 weeks post opt I know I don’t eat anywhere close to my Protein intake so u think the pain is just maybe from that then?

May you only be full of 💩,know I am, will take a dose of MoM as soon as my tummy settles down from the last puke-a-sode, tried eating 2 teaspoons of softcooked apple, Precious Pouch was not amused and let me know it!

Well I took my MoM , had results last evening , painful, everything still soft but in one giant lump right inside the hole. Like my colon muscles forget how to work naturally. Oh maybe if. I add solids someday. it will start working right again?

I just found out I have one
I was in and out of the hospital and no one could tell me what’s going on and so I had to EDG to find out that I have an ulcer

Welcome to our select club, main difference from many others, We All Cheer when You're Able to Leave Us! In the meantime, hang around, you are among friends HERE!😜💊😜

How long before pain calms down I am trying to avoid the Percocet and ox I I am trying to get through he pain I am very new I just had surgery on 11/19/2018 and already can’t stand the binder

Well Sit quietly and loosen it. Pain go away? As days go by, it will lessen. Away , well that I myself am not privy to. Precious Pouch sits in my chest like a little angry clenched fist, between her and her gastric/intestinal ulcer sidekicks, all 5 of them, at 11 weeks still not pain free. And it gets tedious for me, but I have not given up hope, I still believe in healing, no matter how many endoscopic interventions my Dr Noria has to do, I like her,i trust her, she is a wonderful surgeon as well as endoscopist, endoscopy is her "bang zone" something she enjoys the challenge of, but she is a Bariatric and Gastrointestinal Surgeon foremost, if she and my bypass surgeon, Bradley J Needleman MD felt I would be better served by an Open intervention I would be in their OR before I could hum the first 6 bars of Buckeye Battle Cry. And I suspect,they would scrub in together, I have become important to them both, and they both want my mystery solved. Wednesday November 28th will be my 4th at OSU, 6th lifetime, and little by little I move toward resolution of Stricture, Ulcer abatement and a pain-free or pain-deminished recovery Trying to remain placid, confident, accepting, but ,I too, shake my fist and rage at it all!

Well things are as they are- coming to,👼peace with that- But I still pray🙏 no one else has THIS happen to THEM!