Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marginal/anastomotic ulcer anyone?

I took it in Capsule form and it seemed to help but when I came off of it was when I noticed the biggest issues.

No my b. staff wanted it because it could be sprinkled on what you're eating, don't try Soup, that was my mistake last pm, spent hour , hour and half puking, it is Bitter-tasting. Might be okay in applesauce, cottage cheese, maybe yogurt, those last 2 I do puke up. I believe( someone correct me if I am in error) all of these are extended release, by opening capsules your stomach gets the benefit instead of your intestines farther down.,
And @Ronnysgal if you want to pho,ehow my October 26th attempt went, tell me, I really hate boring people all the time.

How did it go yesterday frustr8. I know you've been going through a lot and I know 72 year old body doesn't bounce back fast enough. I've been thinking of you hoping your ok.

Yes, how did things go frustr8?

Well not super okay. Some things are no better, not adding up. Okay? 2nd attempt, Dr Noria said she opened me to 10mm, sounds fine except 2 weeks ago I went into 1st attempt strictured to 9mm. I like her, please,believe me, maybe she is doing well with what she us dealing with But , by accident, incidental or oopsie, I never lost conciousness during it all yesterday. Was positioned on my left side, left arm at 45 degree angle from bodyn right arm and hand straight out and flat on top of blanket, that was hand with IV present in wrist vein.This time instead of just nurse and Dr Noria, there was a young female doctor, her last name was the same as one cousin's ex-husband, our family Elizabeth Taylor, on 6th or 7th now. Think her lawyer charges her Bulk Rate. And then another one, male this time, mid40s, anesthesia even maybe pulmonary? Dr Holcombe puts the bite block in my mouth, okay. The male doctor says We are starting the sedation, you'll be asleep in just a minute or so. Okay, waiting, waiting, didn't happen. Wasn't uncomfortable, see they had sprayed the nasty deadening liquid in, you gargle it for 10 seconds, they count it down for you and then you swallow it down.Felt her introduce the endoscopy in, everything loose enough, did feel her🙉monkey-doodling around, a weird sensation, but I carried 3 babies, I got somewhat used to feeling aliens inside me. Dr Noria stood at hip level towards the bed end to do her instrumentation, okay, still watching, Finally she withdrew the tube, rather a swish-swooshy sensation, she says to the other doctors Time to wake her up ! then they removed the bite block, and she is rounding the foot of the bed, I squirmed over into my back and announced" I'm still Awake" other 2 acted like I had just woke up and was still in a dream -like state. Dr Noria got a an odd look on her face, best way I can describe,it; like a child caught running her fingers through a fresh-frosted cake and standing there licking her fingerm! She changed the subject "I opened you to 10 mm, don't change your diet, don't add things and we'll do this again in 2 weeks:" Still doesn't negate the fact that I was awake, does it?
Think next time, I will sweetly ask " Are you going to put me to sleep like the first time or leave me awake like the second? And,it the sedation is a failure, should I wiggle my fingers to let you know? Don't want anything too tense so you can't get through. Wonder what she'll say then?
Otherwise, except for teatering,on the verge of dehydration, chronically dizzy from insufficent calories, bewildered by this turn,of events, bored with what I can ingest, getting discouraged with the slowness of it all, skin incisions all look pretty healed , my abdome is starting to look like a balloon somebody let the air out of, losing 3-5 pounds a week, why not, it's not like I'm eating more than calorie need to keep body functioning But I am doing what I can when I can, praying my Vitamins and minerals are,enough that I don't permanently injure myself.😝🎁🚩📦💞😝

Thats awful I can't imagine what your feeling. I hope next time they listen to you or maybe try to grab one of them to let them know your still up. Hopefully the dilation helps and you find someone to take you next visit. Stay strong

Would you say it's about time for a stent or something? I think I remember somebody,having one but vomited it out.I know that other portions of the body get stented, Right?😟

And I have a promised ride with my friend Kay,unless the weather turns bad and snows-- she doesn't leave Chez Kay in winter weather.

I’m so sorry Frustr8 tell them to fix it or refer to someone who can ge your own advocate. Which you were in Pennsylvania I would take you to my surgeon and you would be good damn it I feel bad that I can’t help you I do the Opremazole too 2 x a day and will be off it in 2 more months can you swallow it with out vomiting. Do 1 am and Around 1:30?

I took it in Capsule form and it seemed to help but when I came off of it was when I noticed the biggest issues.

So you can take capsules as a bypass patient then?

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

No my b. staff wanted it because it could be sprinkled on what you're eating, don't try Soup, that was my mistake last pm, spent hour , hour and half puking, it is Bitter-tasting. Might be okay in applesauce, cottage cheese, maybe yogurt, those last 2 I do puke up. I believe( someone correct me if I am in error) all of these are extended release, by opening capsules your stomach gets the benefit instead of your intestines farther down.,
And@Ronnysgal if you want to pho,ehow my October 26th attempt went, tell me, I really hate boring people all the time.
My bdoc didn't say anything about opening them or even in what form to take them so I think I better ask. Ta.

Well not super okay. Some things are no better, not adding up. Okay? 2nd attempt, Dr Noria said she opened me to 10mm, sounds fine except 2 weeks ago I went into 1st attempt strictured to 9mm. I like her, please,believe me, maybe she is doing well with what she us dealing with But , by accident, incidental or oopsie, I never lost conciousness during it all yesterday. Was positioned on my left side, left arm at 45 degree angle from bodyn right arm and hand straight out and flat on top of blanket, that was hand with IV present in wrist vein.This time instead of just nurse and Dr Noria, there was a young female doctor, her last name was the same as one cousin's ex-husband, our family Elizabeth Taylor, on 6th or 7th now. Think her lawyer charges her Bulk Rate. And then another one, male this time, mid40s, anesthesia even maybe pulmonary? Dr Holcombe puts the bite block in my mouth, okay. The male doctor says We are starting the sedation, you'll be asleep in just a minute or so. Okay, waiting, waiting, didn't happen. Wasn't uncomfortable, see they had sprayed the nasty deadening liquid in, you gargle it for 10 seconds, they count it down for you and then you swallow it down.Felt her introduce the endoscopy in, everything loose enough, did feel her[emoji86]monkey-doodling around, a weird sensation, but I carried 3 babies, I got somewhat used to feeling aliens inside me. Dr Noria stood at hip level towards the bed end to do her instrumentation, okay, still watching, Finally she withdrew the tube, rather a swish-swooshy sensation, she says to the other doctors Time to wake her up ! then they removed the bite block, and she is rounding the foot of the bed, I squirmed over into my back and announced" I'm still Awake" other 2 acted like I had just woke up and was still in a dream -like state. Dr Noria got a an odd look on her face, best way I can describe,it; like a child caught running her fingers through a fresh-frosted cake and standing there licking her fingerm! She changed the subject "I opened you to 10 mm, don't change your diet, don't add things and we'll do this again in 2 weeks:" Still doesn't negate the fact that I was awake, does it?
Think next time, I will sweetly ask " Are you going to put me to sleep like the first time or leave me awake like the second? And,it the sedation is a failure, should I wiggle my fingers to let you know? Don't want anything too tense so you can't get through. Wonder what she'll say then?
Otherwise, except for teatering,on the verge of dehydration, chronically dizzy from insufficent calories, bewildered by this turn,of events, bored with what I can ingest, getting discouraged with the slowness of it all, skin incisions all look pretty healed , my abdome is starting to look like a balloon somebody let the air out of, losing 3-5 pounds a week, why not, it's not like I'm eating more than calorie need to keep body functioning But I am doing what I can when I can, praying my Vitamins and minerals are,enough that I don't permanently injure myself.[emoji13][emoji320][emoji626][emoji403][emoji179][emoji13]
Oh gosh, you've been thru the mill and back haven't you. At least it wasn't painful whilst you weren't asleep, if not a bit disconcerting.

Yep wonder what 2 weeks will bring, that should be November 9th if she keeps the same schedule. I wonder how long we keep doing THIS?

Latest rebooking of EGJ, my newest endoscopy,November 9th at 2:50pm, please Lord, let this be the "Money 💰Shot"Prayers, Good Wishes or At least, think of ME then!

Just an update: still having intermittent severe abdominal pain in spite of 5 months of compounded Prilosec twice a day, max Pepcid, and Carafate. My surgeon said I should have healed after two months so I got another scope today (my 3rd since May). My ulcer has healed on the inside. He said I may have an ulcer on the outside of the cuff which would need a revision=big darn deal. I could have an abscess touching the liver which has a lot of pain receptors. Or I could have a stricture (scarring) which would be an easy fix. I am hoping for easy. He said to switch to Dexilant and continue Pepcid and just see how I do.